Movenpick Resort & Spa El Gouna(El Gouna)(Great Value!)
USD 279
USD 113
Marriott Hotels
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 133/night.

USD 197
USD 289
USD 202
USD 164
2,293 results
All reviewsanimation teamali babagreat holidayfire showlobby areanile cruisemain buildingfishcleaned every daytwo weekscleaned dailythe general manageramazing hotelevery eveningprivate beachmishapools
Reviewed 5 April 2018

I so needed a restful holiday with sunshine, not how it turned out..... I am a female 64 years of age, travelling by myself. I arrived at the Hotel early evening, to probably the most inefficient check in I have ever experienced, a group of us sat there without being offered a drink for half an hour, eventually given a room number, I was shown to my room by a porter. On seeing where the room was situated, I was horrified, the outside lighting was poor, the block of single story building looked like staff accommodation, there was a road running at the back of the room, I immediately felt unsafe. I went in the room, it was very shabby, the shower rail half falling down, it had a kettle... bonus... no no where to plug it in, on3 socket in the 2hole room. I went straight back to Reception to ask to be moved, the chap I spoke to was downright rude, “ that is where we put English, do you wan5 to mix with Indians and Germans” he asked, I was horrified, he said they were full so I could not move until the next day. I was moved, the room was better, but the same shabby appearance, curtains hanging down and did not meet. The area around the pool was unkempt and poorly maintained. The service from the pool bar was virtually non existent. The bars in the hotel, are probably the worst I have ever had the misfortune to experience, liquor was slopped into a half pint glass, gin, whiskey, brandy vodka, was all that was on offer, utterly disgraceful. £15 for 7 day’s WiFi, no mention of that anywhere! Even then it is not guaranteed and only works by Reception.
Food was very average, but the restaurant is just not big enough to cope, you had to queue up to 10 minutes to get near the chafing dishes, by the time you get food and find a table, get your own drink, your food is cold.
Peaceful......Restful.... NO. The gardeners using a petrol mower mowed the grass all day, maintenance men arguing over the functioning of the pool constantly.
This hotel was a total disappointment, poor service, poor customer care, poor shabby accommodation.
Some of the official photos of the Hotel must have been taken when it was brand new, half of it is derelict, with builders and jack hammers a big giveaway that the whole place needs to be refurbished.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
4  Thank Valerie A
hotel_responsible, Manager at Jasmine Palace Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2018

Dear Valerie A,
Thank you for choosing Jasmine Palace Resort & Spa for your holidays.

We really appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts about your stay in our hotel.

However, we do sincerely apologize for not meeting your expectations.

Nevertheless, it will be a big pleasure to welcoming you back.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 4 April 2018

The people here are so lovely and welcoming. Its great to have different pools to chose from
Internment pool
Kids pool
Quite pool
And the beach

The intertanment team are friendly and always welcoming hosting different activites thoughout the day by the pool and different shows every night from fire shows to dancing.

The cleaning team are so friendly and every day we went to our room to find a new towel decoration on our bed. From elephants to flowers.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank beee8181
hotel_responsible, Manager at Jasmine Palace Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Dear beee8181,
It was a pleasure for us being your host and it makes us even more happy to receive such a positive feedback.

We’re very happy to hear that you’ve been fully satisfied with the great culinary, the team members, the pool and shows. Your kind words were gladly passed on to entire team.

It will be our pleasure to host you in Jasmine Palace Resort once again.

Management Team Jasmine Palace Resort
Hurghada, Red Sea, Egypt

Reviewed 3 April 2018

i have spent my honeymoon there and it was amazing... I will never never forget this plc, it was my firts visit in egypt and I still miss this place
there were lot of outdoor pools, beach, great activities and animation group

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear WeekendinGeorgia,
Let us express our sincere thanks for your review and to be given the opportunity to extend our hospitality.

It will definitely be our pleasure to welcome you once more here in Jasmine Palace Resort and to offer you a memorable stay with us.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

I am going to try and write as honest review as possible! I am not by any means a fussy person and will make the best of what I am given!
My hubby and I booked here after 2 of our friends had already booked! I looked at the reviews before booking but went with an open mind and prepared with my own glasses for the 4 of us!
On arrival my first impressions were good, we were booked in pretty quickly and shown to our room! I'd expected it to be dated as most of the reviews said so and they wern't wrong! But it was clean enough and we looked out onto the main pool so I was happy enough!
We quickly unpacked ( no where near enough hangers) and headed out for our first night!
My first impressions on the first night were ok! The drink flowed and the food that was left seemed ok but maybe that was because we were tired, hungry and excited?! Because the drink went downhill from then as did the service in our room!
The drinks were always warm, flat or both! The beer is served from bottles, well tbh every drink is! They have pumps but for some reason don't use them! The bottles are left open and just basically thrown into your glass so it goes flat! They constantly run out and or we found out after a few days, save it for the good tippers! They will not serve the wine by the pool so you have to either buy it at £17 a bottle or go upto the bar in the lobby and get it from there! My friend only drinks wine so this was a big thing for her! Luckily I had took some insulated large cups to keep our drinks cold ( had we got them cold lol) so we just used to go get one filled with wine so she could have a drink without having to walk upto the main bar from the pool for a very small glass of wine!!
The service in our room was totally different to my friends I have to say!
I left a tip every day and got worse a service than they did not tipping every day!!!!
We were left without water one day, I told reception who did ring straight to housekeeping but it never arrived!
I was then left for 2 days without the toilet roll being replaced and had to go around asking for more as both my hubby and I had dodgy tummies ( which still arnt better 3 days after returning home) but was very disappointed that basic services were not being kept up! We were also left one of the days with no towels, they were running late with the cleaning and said they would be back with towels! They did come back at 7.30 pm with one bath towel and one hand towel between us! That was on Our 8th day and we didn't get any others upto leaving on Our 10th day!! Our friends however, had no trouble and even got towel art most days so I think we just got a rubbish cleaner!
Because the drinks were so bad we were in bed every night by 9-930 there was simply nothing worth staying up for! We saw the entertainment once!! Had the drink been better it might have been worth staying up but it really was bad!!
The food was ok! Not brilliant but there was always something you could find! I especially liked the pasta!
The staff here it has to be said do a fantastic job and once you get to know them ( and tip them) they can't do enough for you!! ( except my room cleaner lol)
The managers in the restaurant were always nice and greet you with a smile!
As mentioned in previous reviews there is only one half of the hotel open, they are working on the other half but tbh that didn't bother us! I really don't know though how this hotel is going to cope when the other side opens! They are already stretched to the limit and run out of everything from coffee cups to glasses and we saw on more than one occasion the staff going round the bins and retrieving the plastic cups, washing and reusing them!!! They will need to seriously restock and more than double everything up!!
With the right management and a refurb this hotel could be lovely! The grounds are lovely as is the pools!
Sadly we will never return here and would rather pay extra to stay elsewhere where we were told they have lovely cold beer on pump, wine of varying description all over the hotel, even by the pool and lovely g&t served cold!!
I would definitely return to Hurghada but will steer clear of this hotel!
I only hope that anybody reading this and already booked here that the management start taking notice of what people expect from a hotel of this size and the service expected!
Personally I would rate it as a 3 star at the most!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
5  Thank kittykatWestYorks

Dear kittykatWestYorks,
Thank you very much for your detailed description of your recent stay with us.

We pay attention to all comments and we always try to meet our guests’ expectations. Our aim is to always offer our guests a great holiday experience and we are sorry you left disappointed by a number of issues.

Thank you for choosing our hotel and for bringing some points to our attention.
We hope to be again your host in future to show you our improvements.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 2 April 2018

This hotel is at best a 3 star, not the advertised 5!! Reception staff rude. Food vertually inedable and cold. Rooms very tired. Bars! Laughable. This is the worst hotel ever and were astonished by the overall rating on here? As with most English, we very rarely complain and can easily smile through adversity, however, holidays are luxuries that we all look forward to, I wouldn't want anyone else to suffer the fate of this hotel!!!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
6  Thank happytravel22018
hotel_responsible, Manager at Jasmine Palace Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2018

Dear happytravel22018,

It was pleasure to welcome you to Jasmine Palace Resort. Thank you for taking the time to share your review.

Please be assured that this does not reflect our service standards and that we will follow up the situation with our entire team to make improvements in these points.

All comments are seriously taken into consideration and we would like to assure you that your comments will be passed on to the management team for consideration.

Do hope you will reconsider and give us another opportunity to welcome you back.

Best regards