This is an enormous and impressive resort complex spread over very large grounds with a huge pool and private beach. Everything about this place is super-sized, we’ve been in airports smaller than the reception area and the walk to the beach from the lobby area will take at least 10 minutes winding between the sprawling pool. There are plenty of loungers in secluded clusters with staff wandering around getting drinks. This is the first hotel I’ve ever been in with a dedicated staff member coming to clean your sunglasses!
Rooms are large, clean and well-equipped with plenty of space to pack away two weeks’ clothing. Almost all of them have sea views and those that don’t look out at the mountains and airport. Rooms opening onto the North side of the reception will get no sun on their terraces. The spa is very good but books out quickly the day before. The gym is ok but small so you will queue for equipment if you go during rush hours.
Our non-smoking room contained three ashtrays and had smoking rooms on two sides of it. If you have a violent objection to smoke you’d be better off at a different hotel or even a different country; smoking is allowed in all the common areas and restaurants.
This place bills itself as 5-star and while some of the facilities offered could be considered as Western 5-star standard the overall experience is like a superstore of bulk luxury. Use the room rates as a guide, under US$200.00 per night for half-board is great value for a 3 or 4 star hotel and that’s what you get here. Service levels vary in direct proportion to the tips you give. We were almost the only English people there surrounded by young Russian and German families. If you want anonymity and to be surrounded by people all the time this place is for you but for seclusion and personalised service try somewhere smaller.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Steigenberger Al Dau Beach Hotel is an exclusive luxury hotel built in fascinating Swahili architecture, situated directly on the beach at the southern tip of Hurghada with a spectacular view of the sea. The hotel is famous for its luxurious spacious rooms and superb restaurants, and it presents a variety of unrivaled features; from a unique Lazy River, inviting you to lose yourself in the tranquility of a gentle river ride, floating through the landscaped gardens until you disembark straight into an amazing pool covering 5,000 m3. A private beach that is almost half a kilometer in length, just to relax or to play, with "Ilios" the world class dive club and aqua center, where you can scuba dive, snorkel, go windsurfing, water skiing or parasailing. A 9 hole par 3 golf course, floodlit, for playing a challenging game of golf under the summer night sky. As for the feeling of complete well-being; immerse yourself in 1000 m2 of the "Algotherm Red Sea Thalasso & Spa" for pampering body treatments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia APAC, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Wotif.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Steigenberger Al Dau Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Steigenberger Al Dau Beach Resort
- Hotel Steigenberger Al Dau Beach