3,542 results
All reviews mr kannan greek restaurant a la carte restaurants soma bay thomas cook cafe stella atrium bar azur bar point break koi carp mattress topper kite surfing main restaurant animation team spa pool private transfer horse riding
Reviewed 22 September 2012

I had stayed at Palm royal hotel recently, and I just had a wonderful memorable stay.
Hotel is in the middle of nowhere, surrounded with endless desert, you wouldn't believe that such a luxury hotel does exist in the desert.
sea is really breath taking, pool is very good, we had a wonderful time on the beach, so quite and relaxing.
Hotel has an outstanding tennis courts, unfortunately we did not have time to use it.
Food was fine. dinning experience was satisfactory.
Staff are friendly and caring, specially the reception staff, they gave us a room just with our preference - really amazing direct view to the red sea- , several courtesy calls to make sure that everything exceed our expectations, they even offered me a complimentary late check out for couple of hours to make me feel home as per their words!!! we never been treated that royally in our life before.
Hotel area is safe, ideal for couples and families. we are surly coming back along with friends.

Date of stay: September 2012
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Stephen R
Reviewed 21 September 2012

Just to clarify I am a legit reviewer and have reviewed other places before, so you can read them if you like.
We stayed for a week from the 11th of September, and booked through Thomas Cook all inclusive Holidays with Style.
We just wanted a week away without the daily routine to relax.
To start:
Thomas Cook itself. They do look after you, I can't fault the rep Bassem. He was top notch, very helpful and let us know what was happening.
But Thomas Cook as an airline is pretty awful.. It's just the seats are so tight for leg room, it makes pretty uncomfortable traveling if you're on a flight longer than three hours which we were, and they like to have the inside of the plane pretty hot which is unbearable. Even when someone asked for it to be turned cooler it didn't make much difference.
It made not a nice start to what was supposed to be a relaxing time in our lives, that we had paid hard earned money for, and waited most of the year for. It's a night mare.
The rest:
The transfers were fine, an hour to the hotel. Check in was fine also, both in and out.
Actually I cannot fault the polite, friendly service that the hotel and Thomas Cook offered. The people really made a difference, and were lovely at the hotel.
The rooms were very average. I am not sure about the standard of the other rooms but we had a sea view looking out to the marina and windsurfers. The view was lovely. Sunrises were amazing. The decor was very tired. The TV was great, and there was always a movie to watch if you needed to. The bed was like a brick, like a concrete slab. I like a firm bed but this was not a relaxing way to end the day. There were moments when I had thought that the floor might have been more comfortable.
The bathroom had seen better days, with mold. I don't know what everyone else expects but I don't think mold should be a feature of a resort. It just needs a good clean, a good scrub.
The rest of the hotel is ok, nice but the rooms definitely need a spruce up.
The beach where we spent a lot of time was lovely, great for families as the water was clean, clear and tranquil. There were small fish swimming around. Lots of water sports going on round the corner of the beach where the marina was. The wind was never to the point where it was too windy, sunsets beautiful. The way the loungers are set up is really tasteful. I loved the woven umbrellas. You could always find a lounger, even when it got a bit busier towards the end of the week.
We also spent some time at the gym pool as it was pretty quiet, and not too hot. The people there were really nice, although I wouldn't drink the water they offer you in plastic cups. I don't think it was from a bottle, we were (more fool us/stupid mistake/should know better) pretty ill after this.
The food in the buffet restaurant was ok, but the idea of being able to visit the 4 restaurants on site was a great way to break up the stay. We visited all but the Italian. I loved the food at the Lebanese, and loved the atmos with the guitar player at the Greek. Food was lovely, and as for the blue menu items that people complain about having to pay for, it was only a very few items. There were plenty of choices to make.
The coffee at the atrium bar is top knotch and our waiter there was a lovely guy, thankyou for the lovely smiley face on my cappa!!!
We didn't drink much as the local stuff a bit stomach ripping, the beers ok though. Through effects of sun and stomach upsets we drank less and less as the holiday progressed.
It started off with my partner being violently ill one night, then I went downhill from there with stomach trouble, just on the day of going home. All I could think of was whether I could make it home that day or not.
My seat mate across the aisle on the flight home had been staying at the Palm also and she had been put on a drip, which they tried to insert into her arm 7 times at the clinic on site. She had been given 4 different medications to take and it cost her $150 USD. She didn't know what it was that made her ill although.
We are still recovering four days later. We were aware of tummy trouble before going to Egypt, but took the risk.
but now having experienced it, for that reason alone, I don't think I could risk going on another holiday of this sort to Egypt.
I couldn't face it.
I a lot of ways the Palm Royale gets it right, but in a lot of ways it does not, but from what I've read of some of the other resorts in Sharm, and elsewhere in Egypt it is all a bit of the same.
As for anyone else going, try and be polite to the staff, they work really hard, they are very kind - and a please and thank you isn't going to hurt. Can't believe how horrible some people were to the staff there!!

Room tip: sea view rooms are quieter than pool view
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 September 2012

the best place ever & great services .. it's the first visit and never the last . we really enjoyed everything . Keep the good working & thanks to all the stuff & the gentleman Mr. Ahmed abd el fattah for the great effort .

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
4  Thank 525Nehal
Reviewed 20 September 2012

Very very nice hotel with high stander service . I really enjoyed my time soooooo much. Wonderful holiday . I recommend
To everybody what ever you looking for ,you will find it there.! Trust me.the sea and the weather are Amazing

3  Thank Erick M
Reviewed 18 September 2012

very beautiful resort nice staff and polite, i have spend a week like in a paradise.
it was my second time within 2 years.
THe most nice thing,that we have really good service here.

Date of stay: August 2012