“Great camp !”
Review of Sindbad Camp

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dahab
Sindbad Camp
Ranked #7 of 29 Speciality Lodging in Dahab
Reviewed 17 November 2012

I stayed at Sindbad for 3 weeks in October. The staff is really friendly and helped me to organize everything I needed.

The rooms are really affordable. There are many places to chill out in the camp, perfect to read a book or do some exercise.
The location is really good, close to the main activities happening in Dahab.

Thanks again to Elon (the manager) for taking care of my lost luggage :-)

Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Christopher C

Reviewed 8 November 2012

Don't be fooled by the relative simplicity of the camp - the people here are honest, friendly and look out for you as best they can, the rooms are immaculately clean and comfortable, and the bathrooms may, at first glance appear less clean, but the staff go out of their way to maintain them, cleaning them several times a day.

For the price, it's amazing - unbeatable in Dahab, and if you need anything at all these people will go out of their way to help you without ever mentioning purchasing anything from them - a rare quality in Egypt.

We were planning to stay only one night there, but ended up staying for almost a week - we couldn't pull ourselves away. We left a phone there overnight when we checked out and left, but found ourselves because of unfortunate circumstances back late the next night, and they had kept it safe for us. Really, this is the best place in Dahab, and the location is perfect if you want to check out the cheaper restaurants nearby (don't get fooled by the main strip - there are affordable, delicious places to eat for under 10LE per person) and you'll suffer the hawkers much less from where you are here.

Room Tip: Really, everything is perfect - even the cheapest rooms are lovely.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Breeeee
Reviewed 30 May 2012

So I made my first visit to Dahab last week. I arrived on Friday morning and immedieately got me feet wet. Sadly, after my first taste of the underwater beauty i sustained an injury. Elon, the camp's manager jumped into action. While my injury was not life threatening, it required immediate emergency attention. He personally took me to the hospiutal, stayed with me through the evening after my operation and insured that my family was informed about my situation.

After getting back from my stint in the hospital, my stay at Sindbad was very relaxed. I needed to get back to Europe early to insure that my injury was indeed going in the right track, so i was not able to fully apprecieate the week i had booked. However, the location, the vibe and the set up has me hooked and ill be coming back, this time with better luck i hope. Thanks for everything!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank MaxWillemTau
Reviewed 2 May 2012

The rooms were ok, but below hostel standards if that's what you're expecting, very old furniture and a very musty old smell as soon as you open the door.
We got the more "luxurious" rooms with an ensuite bathroom (which is shower and toilet and sink all in 1) it was clean and fine but their was no door stopper so as soon as you turned the water on, it flooded the whole bedroom. When my husband and I went to talk to the owner- Elon about the situation he said, rather sarcastically "Should I rebuild the room so that the water flows the other way?"
He was rude and cold to us most of the time but seamed to get on well with the rest of the people there who were all Europeans.... It all made sense tho when some of the locals told me that he just doesn't like Egyptians.
I think he's in the wrong country.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sherin W
Elon S, Manager at Sindbad Camp, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2012

Thanks for the honest review.
Apparently my sense of humor was misplaced and I am sorry for that. And thought we resolved the issue by providing you with a floor mat that limited the problem.

As for not liking Egyptians...? Your sources are wrongly informed. I love this country and it's people and choose this country because I feel welcome and at home!
Regards,
Elon

Reviewed 17 April 2012

One of the first (and last) traditional Bedouin camps, located at the Lighthouse Reef, just around the corner of the busier part of Dahab. Most rooms have sea view. Efficient Dutch management (Elon), but for the rest mainly Bedouin staff. Honest and friendly people. Even the young son of the owner (Goma) helps to maintain the camp. Not an awful lot of choice on the menu (mainly breakfast and snacks), but Hassan cooks up tasty food and the coffee is great. Possibility to rent snorkel gear. Fairly priced pick-up from and drop-off at Sharm airport.
Fresh fish and sea food next door, at the traditional Marine Garden, by te sea. Also very friendly and inexpensive.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo