All reviewsanimation teamspecial thanksnice hotelsea viewnice staffswimming poolbe honestnice animationhouse keepingnice beachnice viewrooms are cleannice foodmain buildingfood qualityprivate beachroom service is
Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

Stayed there for 2 nights
And it was too good
Food was good
Service was good
There are a variety of pools for both children and adults
The animation was awesome ❤❤
Special thanks to Ahmed dodo and Aya

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
Iberotel B, General Manager at Iberotel Borg El Arab, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2018

Thank you for choosing Iberotel Borg El Arab to spend your holiday.
My team and I would also like to thank you for your critical and valued feedback you have provided us with great motivation in our strive to continuously improve the service we offer.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

This hotel offers beautiful views of the sea, the grounds are beautiful and well maintained. We visited last minute after other plans falling through and were very pleased with our stay. The service was great and all the people seemed very polite. I would visit this place again however there is nothing around it at a close distance. There is clearly work being done to update the hotel. Our room was lovely and had a balcony area that walked out to the pool.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Iberotel B, General Manager at Iberotel Borg El Arab, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Reviewed 25 December 2017 via mobile

This place is very relaxing. If you are going to visit alexandria, this is a place to stopover at night. It is a bit outside the city, but this is a must visit place.
Nice hotel, at bare minimum price for a resort like this.
This also has a private beach, which adds up to the the flavour.
Sea waves are very huge and unblocked, so you can enjoy the sea as well.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
Iberotel B, General Manager at Iberotel Borg El Arab, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2018

Reviewed 30 November 2017

The hotel is very nice as a beach resort but the service is very bad and week educated staff, you need to go to the reception to take a coupon to be able to collect a beach towel, the management respond for your request is very week and the breakfast have no clue about hospitality service, the place is old hotel and not cleaned well because you might see some ants in your room passing by saying hi to you and your family on daily basis

Room Tip: take the beach chalet room on the beach with sea view
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 October 2017

Overall the hotel is about a 4.5. Downside - hotel is 1 hour away from downtown Alexandria, so if you are looking to stay close to the city, this isn't the hotel to stay out. Also there were chunks of chipped painting on the outside of the hotel. I was a little bit discourage at first, but inside is nice, clean and decent. Some of the beach stuff could be updated, but it is not bad. If you are looking for night activity or things to do at night, you are remote from everything. Nothing is near. A little secluded, so watch out for signs. Wifi is pretty much nonexistent. I think the only place that you could get wifi was in the hotel lobby, but even then there were problems connecting to it. So if you need to be connected to the world, using the internet, this is not the hotel. However, getting cell phone serve was great. I was able to do my normal media browsing and talk on the phone.

Upside - It is right on the Mediterranean. If you get one of the sea view rooms, you can literally walk outside to the pool area and then straight to the beach. Rooms are clean and decent. Staff is nice. Breakfast was great. There are various pools and you can get decent rooms with a sea view. Property is big, so when they offer to take you to your room, say "Yes." You do feel like you have privacy. It is quiet and safe - away from the chaos. Have I mentioned the amazing Mediterranean view?

I spent one night at the hotel with a friend and her 2 kids. Thankfully they had adjoining rooms (we didn't even ask and I booked the room through Expedia). The kids (12 & 13) LOVED it. They went from the ocean to the pool, running around. We relaxed and took it easy. Enjoyed the ocean and the sunset after a day of site seeing in Alex.

Room Tip: Get the sea view/ocean view room - well worth it.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family