“You can do MUCH better elsewhere!”
Review of Concord Cafe

Concord Cafe
Ranked #6 of 71 Restaurants in Avalon
Price range: USD 7 - USD 20
Cuisines: American, Italian, Pizza, Soups
Dining options: After-hours
Description: CONCORD CAFE: AVALON'S FAVORITE FAMILY RESTAURANT When you want to enjoy one of the best casual family restaurants in Avalon, NJ, head to the Concord Café. For more than 26 years, our restaurant has been serving up delicious cuisine and cocktails for the whole family to enjoy. Whether you're in the mood for pizza, pasta, crabcakes, salads, burgers or some tasty bar food, the Concord Café has created a full menu of choices prepared with only the highest-quality ingredients possible.
Reviewed 7 August 2016

We went here a few years ago, were really disappointed, and went for dinner again recently only because friends of ours wanted to visit someone working there. The menu is basic/standard, the food is meh, the decor is sterile and outdated, and the service is poor (though friendly). They got two of six people's orders wrong. They asked us to move--even after we were already into our drinks and appetizer--to accommodate a bigger group; they finally cancelled their request to us but changed their mind about six times during the process. On the positive, the buffalo fries appetizer was good!

Date of visit: July 2016

Reviewed 6 August 2016

This restaurant located on 78th and Dune Drive in Avalon NJ is a simple but very good place to grab a drink or nice bite to eat. There is a small bar as well. Locals come and the bartender is already preparing their favorite drinks. Now that's a cool place!

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed 6 August 2016 via mobile

We went here because the Windrift was crowded. This place took us in 5 min.. We were told the food was good and it was. Service was good. It was convenient as we are staying at the Beachcomber. Not cheap for a burger, chicken steak, kids meal and 2 drinks it was $40.. Seems like the going cost for dinner.. I would say it was a good place to go. It also has a bar so this could be a family place or a place to go with friends..

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed 3 August 2016

While staying at the Concord Suites, we placed takeout orders from the cafe so we could eat outside. They have a varied menu and very tasty food. Everyone in the family enjoyed whatever they had.

Date of visit: July 2016
1  Thank P B
Reviewed 1 August 2016

Let me begin this review by stating that I have not ever stayed at this hotel.

This reviewed is based upon the restaurant that is located at the front of the Concord Suites. So the date of which this event happened was on July 30, 2016.

It was 10:30 at night and I, along with my family was hungry. my dad ordered a pizza from the only place that was still open... Or so we were told was open, the Concord Cafe located at the Concord Suites.

Usually we order a pizza from Stone Harbor Pizza later in the night but at the time that we were hungry we already passed the closing time when SHP closes. We decided to give the Concord Cafe a try. My dad called to make sure that the kitchen was still opened and they informed us that were still opened when we called. The pizza was ready and my sister and my friend picked up the pizza.

To basically describe the pizza it was raw, undercooked, and very doughy. Not to mention it was cold, but that was the best adjective of the list I just provided!

We then called back to ask for an explanation on the terrible pizza and no one picked up the phone. For the rest of the night no one answered. The next day we called back to try to get an explanation for the food. After explaining to the individual what was wrong with the pizza they then said that we could come back at 5PM to pick up a refund for the pizza. I, the 14 year old son, went to pick up the refund since my parents were cooking dinner. I walked in to be greeted by a nice teenager who offered to get the manager when I asked to get my refund. He was the only nice part about this place.

After several minutes the manager finally came to the front of the restaurant. He was in a cocky attitude and he was just trying to not deal with my problem. He claimed that there was no issue and that nothing was wrong with the pizza, even after we were told to get a refund.

He went so far as to not believe me so I was almost forced to get my parents on the phone if we wanted to see a resolution with this nightmare of a saturday night pizza.

He gave me the twenty dollars after the phone call and I left to go back to my house.

I walked in the door to hear the manager FURIOUS on the phone with my father. The manager told us never to call back or come into the Concord Suites Cafe ever again.

This is the way that Concord Suites runs a business?

I'd personally, as a 14 year old, would love to know how the owner of this establishment feels about their manager (who claims being there for 10 years) treats the patrons of his business.

Summary:
Never Concord Suites. Ever.