“Barely average”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: New
Reviewed 20 August 2018

BYOB. Four of us went for a Friday night dinner. Fairly crowded around 7:30-8:00. Larger parties like the place. I found the food main courses very bland. They just aren't good at the classic Italian dinners; veal, chicken piccata, etc. Hey, the bread was good. Except they wanted to take away the bread when dinner was being served. What? The chicken piccata was a full chicken breast (not pounded) which tasted like it was cooked, without any coating and the sauce just added at the last minute. I liken it to someone just phoning in their job as a chef. Service was friendly.

Overall it's just not very good and at $26-30 per main course it's not a good value. But, there's not much choice in Avalon when it comes to non-bar food & burgers so if you go just bring lots of wine and make the best of it.

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank LuvDaSun222

Reviewed 19 June 2018

After a long wait we were seated and waited again for our server. The meal was good not great but took a long time coming out to us

Date of visit: June 2018
2  Thank hockeydad792
Reviewed 16 June 2018

If it were just me, I would say I had a good meal; the flounder was excellent (mussels app good, but not great). However, those who got the veal very disappointed with quality, and the pasta dish was pronounced bland. Then there was the service: again, I could have forgiven it, but really annoyed the other diners and played a role in rating the evening. Unfortunately, like so many of these shore restaurants, you pay for more than you get, and Fuze is at the mid-high end on pricing, mid-low end on value.

Date of visit: May 2018
1  Thank scott r
Reviewed 23 May 2018

Fuze Italian is a great restaurant.....Great owners, great staff, and great food.....We had a dinner there for twelve people and it was probably one of the best eating experiences that I have ever had and I have eaten at 1000s of restaurants all over the world!!!!! I highly recommend to all who visit Avalon, NJ.

Date of visit: May 2018
1  Thank popekent
Reviewed 25 February 2018

The food is delicious and I have tried many of the dishes. Ordering your fish with their special Fuze topping is always good. The staff is friendly and helpful and the restaurant has a great atmosphere!

Date of visit: September 2017