“Review your Bill, they mischarge!”
Review of La Dolce Italia

La Dolce Italia
Ranked #52 of 58 Restaurants in Puerto Ayora
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours
Description: 2 For 1 Pizza On Thursdays!
Reviewed 7 October 2016 via mobile

Large portions, refuses credit cards yet adds on "taxes" of 14%. Owner served us yet added additional 10% tip. My individual pizza was $11 on menu but he wanted me to pay $24!!!!
Tried to cheat us!
Very expensive with the extra 24%. (Lunch for 3, no alcohol was $53.08.)
Pizza is good but you should be careful with the bill.

Reviewed 19 August 2016

We were craving a pizza and La Dolce Italia was great. We enjoyed our food and the waiter/owner was exceeding friendly. You can tell the enthusiasm and the pride. It was fun.

Reviewed 14 October 2015

After a long cruise I decided to get some pizza. The place looked cute and the waiter promised us that they were making all their food fresh (even the sause). Sounded good- but the pace couldn't deliver. The pizza Caprese was sluggish with little taste. Not crusty as expected or imagined from an italian restaurant. My girfriends spaghetti were ok but not overwhelming. For the hight price (ecuadorian standards) definitely not good enough if you how good italian food tastes.

Reviewed 24 August 2015

One of the fellows (in our group )decided he had to have the pesto pizza on our last night here. Foolishly we agreed . Three people ordered the pesto pizza. A couple people ordered salads with their pizza. A couple ordered different pizzas and I ordered the penne arrabiata. The waiter got the fellow who had to have the pesto pizza, order wrong. He brought him pesto pasta. It got sent back. He was the last to get his dinner and he wasn't happy. Everyone enjoyed there pizza. The portions were large. My penne was too spiced for me to eat and the sauce was watery. I am used to a thicker more tomatoey sauce. So I didn't eat much. I tried a piece of pesto pizza . I don't like thick crusted pizza or tons of cheese. This pizza was both, so I left hungry but no worry. I bought cookies from a fabulous bakery. I would eat here again but would try something else.

Reviewed 13 August 2015 via mobile

Ordered two pizzas and they were ok. Quite big so we took the rest with us and ate it for lunch the next day (have to say it tasted better cold the next day, but maybe that's just me!). The man who owns? but waited on us very nice, but alone, so seemed quite busy, it took quite awhile to get the food, but again the pizza was ok.