“Tasty and Affordable”

Il Giardino
Ranked #9 of 62 Restaurants in Puerto Ayora
Price range: USD 0 - USD 20
Cuisines: International
Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Best place in Galápagos to enjoy a beautiful meal with family and friends, indulge yourself with fresh sea food, cocktails, coffee and tasty italian gelato.
Reviewed 14 January 2018

Enjoyed a delicious lunch here. The menu offered a wide variety of options to appeal to everyone at very good prices for a resort area. The lemonade was fabulous, freshly squeezed! Restrooms were immaculate. The overall decor was very pleasant.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,497)

Reviewed 13 January 2018 via mobile

A beautiful looking restaurant with a beautiful view. Watch people pass by or the iguanas walk along the pavement !! The food is ok but both drinks and food are on the expensive side. We found the same food and drinks much cheaper elsewhere on the strip. The waitress who served us was very helpful, she got a highchair without us asking and also got us an extra plate for the little one to share mum’s dinner. I must agree with several other reviewers - the ice cream here was sensational I have to say.

Reviewed 9 January 2018

I visited Il Giardino every single day of the three weeks I was in Puerto Ayora... they serve amazing ice-cream sundaes. Actually, the entire menu is pretty spectacular and the place is in the perfect location for people watching and wildlife spotting (yes, iguanas just walk down the main street in Puerto Ayora). The home made ice cream at Il Giardino comes in flavors that are made from dreams and wishes. Every day, I showed up for a sundae. Some days, I had lunch, or dinner (also good) but I usually went for the ice cream. Until my last day. I stepped in the door, only to be rudely told, "there are no tables." Unperturbed I smiled and asked if the upstairs section was open. (Sometimes, it is.) "No!" he spat. "It's closed! Sit over there." he waved towards a table of six, all of whom were smoking, and then he turned his back and walked away. Having just spent a year healing and recovering from cancer, I wasn't interested in sitting next to a table full of smokers. These sundaes were my treat for surviving, for winning the battle, for still being around to enjoy their nocciola ice cream with lashings of whipped cream, chocolate sauce and almond praline. It was a celebration of life and all the good things we forget to enjoy. Nevertheless, it wasn't to be on that last day. The rude waiter dismissed me as though I were a bug in his salad. Instead, I went around the corner to Galapagos Deli and had home-made ice cream there. I really liked Il Giardino, except for that one rude waiter.

Reviewed 9 January 2018

Very nice place to eat and not to expensive to be located en Galapagos, great meat, have vegetarian options too and great desserts.

Reviewed 8 January 2018

This is the place to enjoy your meal or drink with a view. The ice-cream selection is great, too, maybe the best ice-cream in town.