La Cuadra Hotel(Cotacachi)
  • Breakfast included
El Roy(Cotacachi)
Hostal Kimbala(Cotacachi)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsmusic boxhot water bottlesanywhere in the worldroaming peacocksfood was amazingattentive staffleather goodschocolate covered strawberriesgalapagos tripluxury destinationextraordinary serviceexceeded my expectationsspent one nightunique hotelmy favoriteelegant restaurantabsolute perfection
Reviewed 14 March 2017

Cotacachi city is located in the province of Imbabura. This city has the best craftsman tan make nice skin and of quality. Also they make articles of skin. The local people cook traditional foods than that like to tourists. Cotacachi offers excellent hotel foo tourists. This city support the culture of her village. This place is very quiet and peaceful, It is perfect for who want to relax and enjoy of the peace.
In Cotacachi there are many factories than make skin. Also they make nice clothes, excellent hoes, wallet, handbag all of skin and like stuff that.
In June, Cotacachi celebrated the Inti Raymi, it is a sin´s party, also is called as San Juan. During this event the groups dancing around of the park of cotacachi. Tis dance is really amazing.
I recommend to visit Cotacachi for enjoy of her culture.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Jessy F
Reviewed 21 February 2017

La Mirage is one of the few luxury destination with a five star rating that truly merits the rating. From the attentive staff greeting you at the door and personalized check-in to being greeted by the aroma of sweet smelling flowers and incense as you enter the lobby; you are immediately transported to the lap of luxury. It's always the little things that matter in luxury hotels and when I climbed in bed the first night my cold feet were surprised by the warmth of a hot water bottle wrapped in a luxuriously soft towel. I was in heaven. The spa was the experience was like entering another world; a cloud world of softness and warmth, bathed in a light so soft that you felt like you were cradle in a cloud. I received a native treatment that included a hot bath massage, followed by a facial and massage with bamboo. Unbelievably soothing. The food at La Mirage is some of the best you will find in Ecuador. The shrimp ravioli and the duck breast are the best I have had anywhere in the world. The dinning room looks out on a grassy area ringed with scrubs, flowers and inhabited by colorful peacocks that come right up to the window as you enjoy your meal. I could go on and on. A truly memorable experience. The indoor pool at the spa was a delight.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are luxurious suites.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Patricio H, General Manager at La Mirage Garden Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2017

Dear AndesInstitute,

With great pleasure and satisfaction did we receive your extensive and extraordinary comments about a recent stay at La Mirage Garden Hotel & Spa. We like to take this opportunity to thank you very much indeed for your observations. We strive to please all of our clients visiting but sometimes we fail by not meeting their criteria. Obviously we have met the standards which you expected and for this I thank you on behalf of the entire staff.

Kind regards and looking forward to welcome you again very soon, I remain,

Patricio Hidrovo,

Reviewed 20 February 2017

This is a beautiful place, with great service, rooms, and food. I highly recommend staying here if you visit Cotacachi, it's a great experience. We had a little trouble finding it with GPS, but you can stop and ask a local taxi driver for directions. The staff speak good English, but you'll need Spanish to get around the area.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Mcamym,
San Fransisco, Cal.

We very much appreciated receiving your comments about your stay in October of last year and wish to thank you for taking your time to write. This certainly might entice other prospective clients to come for a visit when in Ecuador. It always is a pleasure to read how our clients felt about our property.

Reviewed 31 January 2017

Exceptional quality, lovely setting, extremely comfortable, i love that they lit my fireplace every nights. Very accommodating. i came unexpectedly early, i arrived at breakfast early, everything was manageable.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
Patricio H, General Manager at La Mirage Garden Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2017

Dear avidforafrica
Berkeley, Ca.

We take great pleasure in wanting to thank you very much indeed for your friendly comments in regards to your recent stay, in particular due to the quality, accommodation, service and cuisine,

Reviewed 28 January 2017

I have stayed at a number of five-star hotels internationally, and La Mirage is my favorite. The service is unparalleled. The decor is impeccable. The spa is both vast AND intimate and is the most relaxing place I've ever been. The spa staff is courteous and kind, and I felt completely comfortable with them. The grounds are magical and stunning, and the food, as well as the food service, were perfect. I would love to go back as soon as possible and enjoy even more of the delightful-sounding spa treatments, enjoying the fragrance of lavender, and the idyllic calls of the peacocks that roam the grounds.

La Mirage is my happy place, and I treasure the memories I have there.

Room Tip: Every room is different, but they're all stunning.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family

Dear Amalia V
From YOUR HAPPY PLACE we extend our best wishes and want to thank you for your kind comments as to Service, Décor, Grounds, Cuisine, Service and in particular from the girls at the Spa, who look forward to welcome you back. I believe that we have accomplished our desire in making our guests happy and wanting to return. Thank you again.