Discovery Inn(Dili)
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 19 May 2016 via mobile

The four us arrived for a quick lunch to escape the scorching Timorese midday sun. We had cruised by this hotel the day before and thought "why not!!".

We were ushered upstairs by a what appeared to be a staff member (still not sure because we never saw her again) and sat at a table on the verandah overlooking a carpark and behind that the ocean.

The table was sweltering under an aluminium tin roof and the fan above not working properly.

First impressions 3/10

We were hungry so we decided to stay. We ordered drinks which arrived soon after. Some beverages were not cold and required ice. Almost all the drinks on the list we out of stock.

Beverage 2/10

We ordered 2 Mei Goreng 1 Nasi Goreng and 1 Club sandwich. We waited 45 minutes for our food to arrive after we threatened to leave!! The entire time the kitchen spent feeding locals who crawled into the restaurant over this period. I counted 20 plates of sardines and rice. So as we sat there hot and hungry we were surrounded by an eating frenzy!

Our noodle dishes were basic and oily with only 3 ingredients. The rice dish even worse. The sandwich almost inedible.

Food 2/10

As you can imagine we left asap.

Don't bother- overall experience 2/10

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 February 2016 via mobile

Very accommodating. Great service with free airport transfers. My plane arrived about 0720 and somebody from hotel was waiting for me. I was also allowed immediate access to my room plus free breakfast on the day of arrival and next day even though only paying 1 night accommodation. I returned a week later for 1 more night and was greeted like an old friend
Also a charge lead which I had left in my room a week earlier was returned to me.
Thanks very much. Will definitely stay next time
Sue
Australia

Stayed: February 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 January 2016

Stayed here more than 5 nights, used it as a stepping stone to visit other parts of Timor. BreKfast is basic but comforting. All service staff are really friendly. In terms of location it is ideal, You are really close to the coastline! Spent the evenings just walking by the beach, many restaurants just nearby. Famous cresto rei is also close :) they also did free laundry which is an amazing service, will definitively stay here again if I return to Dili!

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 July 2015

Great experience! The rooms are clean, nicely decorated with shells and stones, have Wi-Fi, air conditioning, a fridge and different international plugs so you'll have no problem charging your electrical devices (cameras, computer, cellphone...). Dinners are not expensive and tasty, breakfasts are simple but good enough. There's a very nice beach just across the street. So far, so great, but now comes the awesome part. I'm passioned about Portuguese culture (its language, its people, its former colonies, its history) and wanted to learn more about the recent history of Timor Leste. I got more than I could imagine: the owners are friends with former president and Nobel Peace Price recipient José Ramos-Horta and his brother and I got to meet both of them! It was an incredible experience. To which I add the kindness of the English- and the Portuguese-speaking staff. Adorei o vosso hotel!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 December 2013

Booked over the net and pick up fom airport was good. Room musty and dark with no outside window, bathroom very average and hot water intermittant. Resturant only just OK and a bit pricey, stayed three days then found a MUCH better place further up the beach towards the statue.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo