“EXCELLENT PLACE TO STAY FOR HOLIDAY OR FOR BUSINESS”

Villa Residence Sejours & Affaires
Ranked #25 of 112 Abidjan B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 June 2015

We stayed in residence sejour & affaires in Abidjan for 2 weeks. Without a previous booking we were lucky enough to find a room in this wonderful place located in a safe and quite area in Abidjan. Serge, the duty manager was excellent. Rooms where we stayed were all spacious and private bathrooms. The shortfall : the duty manager is more than helpful!!!!!! A GREAT GUY. I Can't recommend enough!

Room Tip: The duty manager Serge is the key to your door in ABIDJAN-IVORY COAST in Residence sejour et affaire...
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Villa Residence Sejours & Affaires

Reviewed 18 June 2015

I booked the hotel Villa Residence Sejours & Affaires via booking.com. It's a house converted to hotel (it is an uncompleted building as June 17, 2015 when I reserved it).

I arrived around 9:30 pm and there was nobody to open the gate for me. I kept knocking the gate and a guest came out, he told me the managing staff on duty had gone to the airport to pick another customer. He didn't allow me to enter the compound, to even go and wait in the lobby. He asked me to wait and he would make a phone call to the manager. I stood in the scattered rain shower for about an hour before a member of the staff showed up.

He then told me there is NO room available at the location. At that point, I couldn't imagine after traveling from Canada to Ivory Coast (and my first time in the country) to find out my hotel reservation is not confirmed. He said they have availability at another of their hotel about 10 minutes away. He drove me to another part of town to a house (NO sign that says this is a hotel) and offered me a room with NO bathroom to myself (I'm assuming there will be one for the whole house to share). He still expected me to pay the same rate (25.000FCFA) as the location I booked. I told him there is no way I'm going to pay 25.000CFA to stay in a shabby room with no bathroom.

I tried negotiate the rate to pay 20,000 CFA and rest there for the night but he insisted the rate is fixed by booking.com. Then I decided to leave and find another hotel in town.

The manager then went to booking.com to claim I did not show up and wanted my credit card to be charged. I reported the incidence to booking.com and they DID NOT charge my credit card, they even offered to cover any expenses I might have incurred if I can forward the receipts. Then the manager followed up with me complaint and claimed he had availability at the location but because I did not like the room, they took me somewhere else. (THEY NEVERED SHOWED ME A ROOM), the staff I was dealing with told me there IS NO ROOM available at the location! How ridiculous!

The management staff are highly unprofessional, i was dealing with an arrogant youth in flamboyant t-shirt and a manager over the phone.

I will not recommend this hotel to anyone!

PS: Attached is the picture of the room I was offered

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled solo
6  Thank Mayowa B
Olivier T, Propriétaire at Villa Residence Sejours & Affaires, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2015

Hi everyone,
Thanks to Tripadvisor to give us the opportinuty to tell the real story about my Mr Mayowa B. experience at our hotel.
When he show up he said he thought it was a 3 stars hotel as listing on booking.com. I politely replied we've never said on our listing on booking.com that we're a 3 stars hotel. So we understand that he didn't like the place maybe because we have started the construction of 2 more rooms on the duplex level and a pool but the main building with the guest rooms inside are not affected, it's not like the hotel is incomplete. Therefore we offer to show him another room in our second Residence Villa Residence Inovalis at 4 km (5 mn in car) not far from Villa Residence Sejours & Affaires in the same area. There after visiting the room which normal rate is 30.000 FCFA he said he will pay 20.000 FCFA instead of 25.000 FCFA otherwise he will find a better hotel. I try to ask him to be calm so that we could find a solution because as per our lodging contract with booking.com we can't change by ourself the room rate as booked on the platform. But during all this time while we were trying to find a solution by calling booking.com, M. Mayowa B. was very aggressive, condescending, using rude words and continuously bullying my staff who as always were very calm. I was myself with him over the phone and he was still aggressive. So for the quiet and security of my staff and other guests who were witnesses I was obliged to let him go as he said he will not pay the price as booked and he will go to a better hotel. That's why after he left I cancelled his booking as no show and send him, despite our late cancellation policy, an e-mail to confirm he will not be charged (this can be confirmed with booking.com because the message was sent with their platform). And other thing the room we offer has a private bathroom inside you can check on www.inovalis-tech.com

Reviewed 7 January 2014

This Residence is wonderful and has everything you could need to have a fantastic time! The people working there were great and so friendly.They make you feel special. The House is lovely and so clean you feel right at home with no worries. the decor is very modernized. we stayed here many times over the years and we always enjoy it. We can always feel confident we will have a good time here!. it is perfect family getaway. tons to do. the mall is very close.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank LADIJ28
Reviewed 7 January 2014 via mobile

The staff are super helpful. When we arrived before our house was ready they were more then willing to hold our luggage in a secure area while we went and had lunch etc.

Every request we had (which if you have a family and tend to forget things like me) was quite a few requests...it was met with speed and kindness!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Patricia I
Reviewed 5 January 2014

going to Ivory Coast With one of my American friend was one of the best experience With sejour affaire, I felt at home.from the manager Serge To the owner Mr Tano the warmth and welcoming from them was exceptional,transaction went well everything is legit if you're looking for the best place to stay In abidjan please stay at sejour affaire residence you won't regret it. The only thing I suggested to the owner Mr Tano is that they should have a servant on staff for cooking and cleaning hope he take my advice into consideration.

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank prinxkelo1
Olivier T, Propriétaire at Villa Residence Sejours & Affaires, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

Thanks for your review we're committed to your satisfaction so we'll take in considerartion your precious advices.