5,402 results
All reviews imax theater cuba libre pf changs havana towers fiesta buffet boogie nights outdoor pool comedy club irish pub ocean view mid week slot machines self parking hotel and casino table games quarter carmines
Reviewed 31 July 2015 via mobile

The hotel location is nice for the boardwalk. Lots of digital effects outside the hotel. Nicer during night time. The hotel is big. What I liked were the stores location with the palm trees. Don't like passing casino because of the cigarette smell, but could not avoid because that's the only way to our room which was located at the West Tower. Upon checking in, I was disappointed for the following reasons: I have reserved one month before our trip, when we arrived ( we were tired because of the traffic considering it was 9:00pm from New York we arrive 12:04am) the room that was reserved was smoking ( I reserved non smoking ), the floor was too high(I reserved not too high) I was given 47th floor! The hotel has 50th floor. Also, the worst thing was the room was not cleaned. So, we have to wait and transferred room. Imagine we didn't have dinner yet and guess what time we were seated? It was 2:30am! In addition, towels were lacking! No rack for towels in the bathroom. There was one but broken (please see attached picture ). Towel have stained!No body lotion! Faucets were outdated, hard to use. Bed uncomfortable, Beddings have stained! If it was not for the nice ambiance to the beach and boardwalk, the hotel was not good. Rooms facilities not good! Ambiance was nice that compensated with the negative room facilities. Elevators advice, it's advantage for higher floor rooms. Especially Friday and Saturday, many people were using the elevator, so from top going down, lower floors have hard time catching the elevator.

2  Thank Frances C
Reviewed 31 July 2015

We did ask for oceanfront when we made reservations and did not get it. We were put in the West Tower and we were very Leary as we had read bad reviews about this wing. I guess we lucked out, but the room was very nice and clean. We decided that we would make the best of it. Still had a good view and we were not in the room that much to even matter. All of the staff were very nice and helpful. After all, we were there to gamble a bit. I must admit that it was difficult to learn my way around, but after three days I finally figured it out. Great restaurants and shops. Nice place. I found it interesting that people with children had issues on prior reviews. To me it is simple...don't bring the kids. take them to Disney World. We actually saw parents gamble while their children waited in the 'safe" area. Crazy......

3  Thank Harold H
Reviewed 30 July 2015

I was NOT going to write this review but, after Trop blowing me off, I changed my mind. I had contacted them about my recent stay, dirty carpet, AC not working, rude reservationists. Response, we hope you enjoyed your Birthday with us. NO, I DID NOT!!! The light show was great though, as was the Broadway Burger Bar and the shopping in the Quarter. I've read a lot of very unhappy reviews in the last 2 weeks at the Trop. I have never had a bad experience until now and was not happy with their uncaring response. Unless you stay in the newly renovated North Tower, I guess you're out of luck!!!

Room Tip: Unless you stay in the newly renovated North Tower, the rooms are NOT upgraded!!!!
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo
7  Thank Lynda L
Tropicana R, Director of Marketing at Tropicana Atlantic City, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2015

Thanks for sharing your review with us

We are delighted to hear that you have stayed with us in the past and that you enjoyed our Free Boardwalk Lightshow, Broadway Burger and the many shopping options in the Quarter.

We are sorry to hear the you were not satisfied with your most recent visit.

We apologize for any disappointment you experienced with your room and the service levels at the hotel.

We have passed your comments on to our Senior Management Team

Thanks again for taking the time to contact us.

Sincerely, David B

Reviewed 30 July 2015 via mobile

We just got back from a 3 day stay at Tropicana Im not much of a casino person but I enjoyed my time with the hotels pool,sundeck, gym and stores! Our room was in the Havana Tower which I recommend for everyone.Its far from everything which can be a pain but its away from the noise of the stores and casino. Our room was big and clean I only wish there was a lounge chair in the room They gym in the hotel does have a $10 a day fee but it is very modern and clean.And for $10 its unlimited visits for the day. Yes I will go back in the near future. My wife almost won back all the money we spend on the trip!! Yes I recommend the Trop!!

Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank NyMets421
Reviewed 30 July 2015

Stayed three nights just this month (July).
Pro: excellent location; good restaurants; beach chair and umbrella rental; variety of bars and small eateries.
Moderate: outdoor pool small and crammed. Spotty poolside service.
Con: West Tower room sparse, no decor, damaged walls; inadequate elevator service. In the past I'd been given rooms in the Havana Tower: much better!

4  Thank Voyageur048