“Coupla days away from the kids” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Tropicana Casino and Resort
Ranked #13 of 52 Hotels in Atlantic City
West Babylon, New York
“Coupla days away from the kids”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Trop the first week of February for two nights. We have stayed there many times before and love the Quarter. The restaurants, particularly the Palm, Ri Ra and Cuba Libre bring us back every time. Every time we stay we hit a movie at the iMax as well, all without leaving the hotel! In the winter we stroll the Boardwalk whereas in the summer we enjoy the beach and the outdoor pool. The room was clean (as usual) and the staff pleasant, but the WiFi service (as usual) stank. I couldn't get my Android phone and Nook Tablet to connect whatever I did, even with a decently strong signal. (Not an issue at other hotels I've stayed at BTW). As far as accommodations go, the beds were terrible for our backs in the Havana Tower. (Hint, the North Tower has more comfortable beds) we both came home with backaches after two days on that torture rack of a bed in the Havana Tower. Then again, what can I say, we had comps for two free nights, so all it cost was a $20 minimum fee for 2 nights, At least we got away from the kids (they stayed with Grandma) and enjoyed we enjoyed ourselves with good food, a good movie and a little gambling at the casino. Speaking of which, the Trop never had slot machines in the Quarter before, but they have begun moving in a few Video Blackjack stations around the fountain as well as some video slots (pennies) along the hallway across from Carmine's. IMHO it absolutely RUINS the feel of the Quarter. Leave the casino in the casino and leave the Quarter alone!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TropicanaAC, Manager at Tropicana Casino and Resort, responded to this review, 23 February 2012
We are so glad we could be your escape, and we would love to see you again soon.

Tropicana Representative

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,136)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Roscoe, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2012

I said before that all was great and we had a wonderful time. Oh, one thing---it would be nice to have a breakfast restaurant on the premises so we don't have to have Coffee and Bagels. We like Bacon and Eggs, etc

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny---hopefully next time we come
Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
We are so glad you had such a pleasant experience with us, and we would love to see you again soon.

Asbury Park, NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2012

I had a great time at Tropicana! I work in the nightclub business so I don't have much time off. I managed to get away last week and had a very enjoyable stay at Tropicana. The room was great with a beautiful view. Dinner at Carmines was incredible and I won at the roulette table!

Next time I go I would stay for 2 days---I didn't get a chance to shop and the stores look incredible! The shopping and dining areas were beautiful---I love the tropical look. Everything was immaculate andit was very enjoyable just strolling through the palm trees looking at the restaurants and stores.

There are many great deals offered by TropiCana Hotel ---- Check out their website and treat yourself to a special getaway!

Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Hurricaine

Belchertown, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2012

The Trop offers more than just being a casino. The Quarter offers a great variety of restaurants and a super IMAX theater. There's everything from inexpensive deli sandwiches to great beer selections on the Boardwalk level. Slot and table area is spacious and nicely designed. The Showroom is like a small Broadway theater. A great place to visit. Has both indoor and outdoor pools (something lacking at many A.C. properties). Shopping area in Quarter is somewhat limited by a nice place to walk around.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Waterbury, Connecticut
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2012

The room, service, restaurants, everything was great. My main disappointment was the lack of seating @ the gaming tables. My wife and I arrived this past Sunday expecting a late check out on Tuesday. We arrived checked in... was a dream, room was great, made reservation for diner...all the restaurants are great! Relaxed and I played SPANISH 21 for maybe 5-6 hours. Retired for the evening, the next morning had a lovely breakfast with my wife. She went to play some slots, I went to the SPANISH 21 tables to find that there is only one open table for the day, and 3 people were playing 2 players each. I kindly asked the table and the dealer if I may play they all ignored me. I mentioned my issue to a pit boss as he was walking away he informed he will open another table, he never returned. I asked another pit boss his answer was maybe they will open another table.Waiting there debating to walk to another casino, I noticed one of the players @ the table let a girl join the table, in total shock! I inquired why she was allowed to play while I wasn't? The ungentlemanly like man replied you can play @ 9:00pm tomorrow, I stated this isn't right, at that time I was asked if I wanted to take it outside! In short if your going there to dine and enjoy the abeyance I rate it High, If you want to enjoy sitting and playing table games, consider going to Connecticut!! To be fair after 1.5 hours they opened another table, I as well as many additional players enjoyed playing for hours. But the entire time I could see the other table and felt a need to watch my back.

Room Tip: No issues with my room
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for choosing us as your vacation destination. I sincerely regret to hear of your dissatisfaction. I immediately forwarded this review to our managers. We are diligently working to improve the quality of our customers stay at Tropicana, thank you for your feedback.