My wife and I stayed at the Trop the first week of February for two nights. We have stayed there many times before and love the Quarter. The restaurants, particularly the Palm, Ri Ra and Cuba Libre bring us back every time. Every time we stay we hit a movie at the iMax as well, all without leaving the hotel! In the winter we stroll the Boardwalk whereas in the summer we enjoy the beach and the outdoor pool. The room was clean (as usual) and the staff pleasant, but the WiFi service (as usual) stank. I couldn't get my Android phone and Nook Tablet to connect whatever I did, even with a decently strong signal. (Not an issue at other hotels I've stayed at BTW). As far as accommodations go, the beds were terrible for our backs in the Havana Tower. (Hint, the North Tower has more comfortable beds) we both came home with backaches after two days on that torture rack of a bed in the Havana Tower. Then again, what can I say, we had comps for two free nights, so all it cost was a $20 minimum fee for 2 nights, At least we got away from the kids (they stayed with Grandma) and enjoyed we enjoyed ourselves with good food, a good movie and a little gambling at the casino. Speaking of which, the Trop never had slot machines in the Quarter before, but they have begun moving in a few Video Blackjack stations around the fountain as well as some video slots (pennies) along the hallway across from Carmine's. IMHO it absolutely RUINS the feel of the Quarter. Leave the casino in the casino and leave the Quarter alone!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tropicana Atlantic City is a 24-hour gaming destination located on the beach and Boardwalk. Featuring 2,047 rooms and suites and home of The Quarter, a 200,000 square foot entertainment complex, Tropicana is the premier resort in Atlantic City. With 24 restaurants, 25 shops, 18 bars and lounges, 2 pools, an IMAX Theatre and a spa, Tropicana is consistently rated as a "Must-See Attraction" in Atlantic City. In spring 2015 & 2016 Tropicana underwent a $90 million renovation, which includes its spectacular Multimedia Light and Sound Show, the addition of AtlantiCare LifeCenter Fitness and renovations to its North Tower hotel rooms, Havana Tower rooms and casino floor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd, Booking.com, Wotif.com, lastminute.com.au, Expedia APAC, Hotels.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Tropicana Atlantic City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tropicana Hotel Atlantic City
- Resort Atlantic City
- Tropicana Resort Atlantic City
- Atlantic City Tropicana