“Everything was 100% except for being threatened in front of a dealer!”

Tropicana Atlantic City
Ranked #12 of 50 Hotels in Atlantic City
Waterbury, Connecticut
“Everything was 100% except for being threatened in front of a dealer!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2012

The room, service, restaurants, everything was great. My main disappointment was the lack of seating @ the gaming tables. My wife and I arrived this past Sunday expecting a late check out on Tuesday. We arrived checked in... was a dream, room was great, made reservation for diner...all the restaurants are great! Relaxed and I played SPANISH 21 for maybe 5-6 hours. Retired for the evening, the next morning had a lovely breakfast with my wife. She went to play some slots, I went to the SPANISH 21 tables to find that there is only one open table for the day, and 3 people were playing 2 players each. I kindly asked the table and the dealer if I may play they all ignored me. I mentioned my issue to a pit boss as he was walking away he informed he will open another table, he never returned. I asked another pit boss his answer was maybe they will open another table.Waiting there debating to walk to another casino, I noticed one of the players @ the table let a girl join the table, in total shock! I inquired why she was allowed to play while I wasn't? The ungentlemanly like man replied you can play @ 9:00pm tomorrow, I stated this isn't right, at that time I was asked if I wanted to take it outside! In short if your going there to dine and enjoy the abeyance I rate it High, If you want to enjoy sitting and playing table games, consider going to Connecticut!! To be fair after 1.5 hours they opened another table, I as well as many additional players enjoyed playing for hours. But the entire time I could see the other table and felt a need to watch my back.

Room Tip: No issues with my room
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
TropicanaAC, Manager at Tropicana Atlantic City, responded to this review, 23 February 2012
Thank you for choosing us as your vacation destination. I sincerely regret to hear of your dissatisfaction. I immediately forwarded this review to our managers. We are diligently working to improve the quality of our customers stay at Tropicana, thank you for your feedback.

Tropicana Representative

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,181)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Tropicana Feb 10-12th, We had a combo package with tickets to the comedy stop, and a buffet meal for both of us. We were on the 61st floor in the Havana tower. Our room was nice, smelled clean, and over all we were pleased. The bed was a bit firm for me, but my husband slept fine...We had an amazing dinner at the Red Square Restaurant in the Quarter in the hotel. Gina was our waitress and she was wonderful...she remembered we were celebrating our anniversary from and earlier conversation and she took good care of us. HIGHLY recommend restaurant for a very romantic atmosphere. Food was phenomenal! I had surf and turf, the filet was melt in your mouth and the lobster tail was amazing (and that's saying alot, since its the only lobster I have ever had that wasn't fresh from the ocean in Maine) They have an amazing selection of vodka's...and the tropical cosmopolitan I had was the best drink EVER!!
The board walk is right there and nice to walk down to check out other resorts. We are not really gamblers, so we just played a little on slots and had a great time. The comedy stop was great, and we chose to use our buffet tickets to have breakfast....which was also incredible.
The only down side, was it was an expensive weekend. There is nothing free...plan to pay a bit more than average for everything....Most of the restaurants have prices listed on their menu's so you can plan...We had no problem paying a bit more for our special meal at Red Square...it was worth every penny.
Some have reviewed that the Tropicana had a coconut smell through out...Yes it was there, but I did not find it over powering and rather enjoyed it.
SPECIAL NOTE...if you plan on using the pool, and if you have kids, you might want to stay in the south tower...that is where the pool is, and you won't have to walk through the casino to get there..Hope this helps, any questions, don't hesitate to ask...

Room Tip: Havana tower is nice and a bit newer, South Tower is where the pool is, so if you have children, i w...
1 Thank lorangelic
We are so glad you had such a pleasant experience with us, and we would love to see you again soon.

Linwood, New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2012

First the good things: the shopping, dining areas are beautiful. A damn good sports bar is terrific, great food, great prices and good service. The bad: the west tower looks like something left over from the 80"s and it couldn't have even been nice them!! It is dirty, dingy, needs paint, new furniture, new beds etc etc. The beds don't even have bedspreads just the sheet! There were holes in the wall, wall paper was peeling, scuff marks on doors and walls. It was the absolute worst room I have ever stayed in expected so much more. Have had much better rooms at economy motels. We stayed at the Bellagio in Las Vegas and the Tropicana was like its ugly, disheveled, unbathed step sister. :(

Room Tip: Stay away from west tower.
6 Thank gonzalea
On the behalf of everyone here, I sincerely regret to hear of your dissatisfaction. Your comments have certainly not gone unnoticed and I immediately forwarded this review to our dedicated team of managers. We are diligently working to improve the quality of our customers stay at Tropicana, thank you for your feedback.

Travellers are raving about these Atlantic City hotels

Bayport, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2012

I stayed with my wife overnight for the superbowl. Everything was excellent from the housekeeping staff to the price of our room and the casino floor staff were enjoyable. even though I felt the rumba lounge was a little over priced our experience at the tropicana was very good to excellent. would like to see a little more variety in table games.

Scranton, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2012

My boyfriend and I had a free weekend stay at the Tropicana, after finding out what the rooms cost I was shocked, I would never pay their rates for the awful room we were in. We were there for a conference and had two free nights. Checking in was awful they lost our reservation and were sold out of rooms, we had to switch people rooms around just so we had a room, it was frustrating and the management did not help at all and had a "well that's too bad attitude". We arrived around 10:30p.m. and it took 2 hours to figure out our room situation with no help from any employee at the hotel. The hotel is confusing to get into and navigate. The only pleasant employees we found were the men at the valet, the luggage men, and the woman who checked us out. The rooms were disgusting, there were holes in the walls, large stains on the floor, all the furniture was beat up and the t.v. was older than I am. There was no hot water one morning for hours.

6 Thank cgifford821
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. On the behalf of everyone here, I sincerely regret to hear of your dissatisfaction. We are diligently working to improve the quality of our customers stay at Tropicana.