New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

GreenLeadersSilver level
New York City, New York
“Never again!!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2012

First let me say, the whole Total Rewards program is the worst. They sent me a promotion for free 2 night stay in any of their hotels. So we originally booked to stay at Bally's, but of COURSE when we arrived to check in they claimed the Bally's tower was full so they moved us to the Claridge, NOT!!! So we knew better than to accept that hotel (it's the oldest on the strip and the reviews stated the rooms are like old dorm rooms). So then the hotel rep at Bally's called and got us a room at Harrah's; so we checked into Harrah's and they put us in the HARBOR Tower. Let me say first of all when we arrived at the room the door to the room was extremely dirty (it was weird that the outside of a door was filled with dirt and black marks all over). But the biggest problem was inside the room, there was a HUGE WATERBUG WALKING AROUND THE ROOM LIKE HE WAS THE CHECKED IN GUEST. Let's just say that was the best part of our stay....NEVER AGAIN.....GOING BACK TO THE BORGOTA!!!!!!!

Room Tip: If you must stay at harrah's insist on the waterfront tower. The harbor tower faces the garage...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank dmlrb05313

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,357)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Paramus, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2012

My family and myself have been staying at the Harrah's for many years, I recently took a trip for two days with my girl friends to Atlantic City at the end of our trip as we were on our way home I noticed that my wallet was missing with $400 dollars and my credit cards in it, I immediately called to see if they could check...customer service was extremely rude to the point that they hung up on me and never returned my calls...they told me they did not find my wallet...a couple of hours later I had to call again when they told me that they found my wallet but it had NO MONEY inside...but that they did not "belive" their cleaning guy could have taken it...and pretty much called me a liar...I called corporate..nothing was done..I kept trying to get in touch with security and nothing was done...after a whole week of me trying to get in touch with them to check any video cameras or any other security devices they told me that nothing was going to be done since they knew their employee would not do such a thing! I will NEVER GO BACK to the harrah's resort! My family and I have made sure to let everyone that we know and that have stayed there to NEVER go there.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank Alexandra F
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2012

Dirty, noisy, poorly run!

Trying to get a good night's sleep at Harrah's Atlantic City? Lots of luck!

If it's not the rowdy guests drunkenly wailing at all hours of the night, it's the constant hum of a generator or something next to or above my room that is keeping me up all night.

Need to grab some ice in the middle of the night - how about some loud, annoying music playing at the guest elevator lobby?!

Does the management of this place know the meaning of peace and quiet?

Clearly not.

If you want to be loud and stay up all night, this is the place!

If you actually want to sleep at night, try sleeping on the street - it's probably quieter.

Oh, and why is it that every cheap hotel in America offers free HBO and wifi, while these big, expensive casinos charge you per night the same rate as a full month of residential internet service??

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Bill B
Red Bank, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2012

Beautiful hotel......it's off the "strip" (boardwalk) but not a far ride at all away from that area. The hotel is SO busy and had so many guests that you couldn't tell it wasn't in the middle of everything.
Buffet was rather expensive....we opted for Sammy D's & got a great meal and drinks for less than the buffet.
My only real complaint with staff was that when we came back to our room after housekeeping had been there; we found a chocolate candy wrapper on the headboard of the bed :/
It was just kinda yucky considering that they were supposed to have been CLEANING the room!
Also, we requested a room with a nice city/skyline view. We had a view of the adjacent builiding. Not exactly what we'd had in mind, but didn't really want to make a big deal out of it, so we kept the room.
The room also seemed to have a bit of a plumbing problem.......The bathtub was dripping when we came in & the water was ALWAYS standing in the tub while we were taking showers.
Just a note; the doors to the rooms are VERY heavy.......there was a group of people staying in the room next door who SLAMMED their door ALL NIGHT......it really was just a courtesy thing, but it got VERY ANNOYING after like, 3 times.
The shops were great; wish we had been able to stay another night to go the the Pool (After Dark) when it turns into a "club".

Room Tip: Skip the buffet & eat at Sammy D's!!!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MissEricaKane
Henrico, VA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2012

I stayed 3 nights in a King Smoking Rm with my husband. I got a great deal during the winter month of March. If you sign up as a Total Rewards member you get $10 in free slots and unlimited use of the shuttle which takes you to the oceanfront casinos daily. The only complaint is that the walls are very thin and the doors slam when you close them. We were next to a crying toddler and a guest that was in & out of their room until 4 in the morning. There is only one place to eat a reasonbly priced breakfast and that is the cafe located next to the front desk. I would suggest bringing your own pastries for breakfast, but the service in the cafe was excellent. The games in the casino are very well priced. If you stay here there is nothing withing walking distance so keep that in mind.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple