“Picture perfect”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Rehoboth Beach
“Picture perfect”
Reviewed 22 March 2012

Excellent room..clean the community area just as clean wonderful experience would come here again ask for the centurion tower

• Stayed March 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,462)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed 21 March 2012

From the moment of check in at Caesars we had a remarkable experience. My only wish is that I would have written down the names of hotel staff who were exceprionally curteous and respectful during our stay. All staff were accomodating and understanding of our needs and desires. The room, albeit, aging, was remarkably clean and neat with amenities that far surpassed that of a standard hotel. Caesars Atlantic City is certainly a cut above the rest. There is a need for some rennovations and upgrades, but the upkeep and cleanliness of the facility aides in overlooking the age of the building. Even though we are not big gamblers, the casinos offered a huge range of gaming and made our stay rather intriguing. The hotel has amazing restaurants for every taste and budget. Such a variety of food choices was astounding and the quality at those we sampled was exceptional as was the service. We were treated like VIPs by many of the food service staff. It was delightful to be able to enter into conversation with any staff of the hotel and fell welcomed and important. March is am amazing time to tour in Atlantic City and the price of hotels far surpassed out wildest expectations. If one is willing to travel during the weekdays and has flexibility, they will find extreme budget prices in a four star hotel. Weekends will be a nightmare unless one is willing to fork out in excess of $400.00 a night for a standard room, but afterall, it is a gambling city and weekends are when everyone from "the city" (ie: NYC) make their way to Atlantic City for a weekend get-a-way and to try their luck. Thank you Caesars! We are bought in to returning again and again and again. We highly recommend this hotel to everyone. Cheers!

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the Centurion Tower.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank GVWStonegate
US
Reviewed 18 March 2012

My husband and I stayed at the CP in Vegas recently, and liked it so much we decided to drive down to Atlantic City for a couple of nights. We weren't absolutely sure we wanted to stay at Caesar's, but when I checked for rooms at the Borgata online, it said they had rooms available....for $51,000.00/night. (REALLY?!!!) So, I checked room rates at Caesar through TripAdvisor, then through the Caesar's website, and the rates were a good bit cheaper through Caesar's own site. I reserved a room for 2 nights, asked for a king bed, and Thursday after work we headed down to Atlantic City for the first time.

We arrived fairly late and when we checked in the desk clerk apologetically told us they did not have any rooms with king beds. Since the whole place seemed sadly empty, we were somewhat skeptical of this claim, but she said she had upgraded us to a room in the Ocean Tower, which had 2 queen beds. Unfortunately, it was right next to the spa (so that the noise froma a gaggle of not-yet-pampered women woke us Friday morning) , and had a spectacular view of what appeared to be air conditioning vents. The room itself was large and fairly nice - not as nice as Vegas (no robes, for instance) but nice enough. We went back downstairs to get my husband a bit to eat at Tazza and I decided to go whine to the desk clerk about the room. Sonya was not only quite patient with my grousing, but gave me lots of very useful information:

The Ocean and Centurion towers are newer than the other towers, which according to Sonya have NO WINDOWS and NO in-room temperature controls. Yikes. And in order to get a room in a decent tower when you make a reservation, you have to call and speak to a human being....otherwise, you take your chances. Sonya suggested - as had the previous desk clerk - that we come by in the morning around 10-10:30 to see what had opened up.

Sure enough, the next morning we were moved to a room in the Centurion Tower. the room itself was smaller, but very nice.....still no robes, though :*(. We had a spectacular view, and since it was March Madness, the TV in the bathroom mirror came in very handy (that way I could get my weeping out of the way BEFORE I put my makeup on).

All the staff we dealt with - desk clerks, security, dealers - were friendly and helpful. This hotel - which apparently started life as a Howard Johnson -is a bit sad compared its vegas cousin, but that is even more true of Atlantic City as a whole, which is just heartbreakingly rundown. We were surprised and dismayed by the lack of a sports book (it seems sports is not big business in AC, we struggled to even find someplace where we could get both food and basketball, during March Madness!!!!) but overall we had a great time, and we plan to go back....but next time we'll be sure to book a room by calling.

Room Tip: Ocean or Centurion Towers are preferable, and CALL to reserve a room, don't book online or you m...
Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank KristinaTXNJ
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed 15 March 2012

My fiance and I visited Caesar's in mid December 2011. We had never been to Atlantic City and since it was only a 3 hour drive we decided to see what it was about. While visiting Vegas last year we stayed at the Caesars there and were quite pleased. Caesar's AC was a natural choice. Overall, we were pleased with the quality of Caesar's AC. It was very much like a mini version of the Vegas one. Everything was clean and well decorated. The rooms, casino, and shopping were very nice. While visiting, we explored many of the other hotels on the AC boardwalk and were extremely disappointed. Many of the hotels were run down and dirty. I did not feel safe walking on the boardwalk. I'm sure it is much better in the summer months, being December, it was pretty deserted. Overall, we basically elected to not leave Caesars for the remainder of our stay. I would not recommend to anyone to visit Atlantic City during the winter unless you only plan on gambling.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Cheerchickkara
Silver Spring, Maryland
Reviewed 13 March 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here for one night to see a show. We had a great time overall but there were things that left a bad taste in our mouth. At first we were pleased with the service, although we had to pay for an upgrade at least it came with an amazing view. The room was in the Centurion Tower, highly recommend getting a room there. It was good size, clean. The view of the ocean and boardwalk were by far the best part. The hotel itself was fun and interesting. The smell of stale cigarettes in the casino was a little off putting, but it is what it is. We had dinner at Mia - awesome place and excellent service. We felt well taken care of and the food was delicious. Overall, it was a wonderful experience. Until it was time to leave....

Cons:
-It was not made clear that we should have paid for parking up front with proof that we were staying there. When we left, we had to pay FULL price as if we hadn't stayed the night. They refused to budge so there was an additional charge.

-When I got home, I checked my account I had been charged over $800 for the night (when I had already paid up front) I called to see what happened and they said we didn't check out in time and got charged the show rate for an additional night. I had proof that we had checked out in time and they still were adamant that we did not. It took me FIVE days to finally speak to the correct manager. When she investigated it turned out that the cleaning staff had mixed up the room numbers. The reversed the charges, but that took another two days. Although they eventually fixed it, I was not pleased to say the least.

Before those incidents, we would have stayed again but after they tried to suck MORE money out of us, I would not stay there again.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
8 Thank cmadd13