“Well-rested”

30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Well-rested”
Reviewed 18 April 2011

Had the Mimosa body scrub, it was good, smelled like fresh oranges, my skin felt soft & mousturized afterward.
The warm eye pack coupled with the scalp massage felt really good, my face looked really well-rested when I went back to the hotel room and I didn't even get a facial.
There's a 15-head massage shower jet in each treatment room.
The facility is clean, with a sauna,pool & jacuzzi.

Baltimore
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Girls weekend. Very expensive and not worth the high price!”
Reviewed 2 February 2010

I have frequented several spas all over the country and Caribbean. This was an OK experience, but only OK because I was fortunate enough to have Steve as my massage therapist. The other 3 girls that I traveled with were very disappointed with their massages. We all then had facials and for $130.00/facial it was a complete joke. The lady had only been doing facials for 8 years and had no advice what-so-ever for me other than to buy their products. I think she spent more time writing up the product card then she did on the facial. Very poor. The worst service was yet to come. All 4 of us were scheduled to have a Euphoric Pedicure that was to last 80 minutes. This service was offered over at the salon and not in the spa. Again with a price of $120 for what was supposed to be 80 minutes it was a total joke. She finished in under an hour and I have had better pedicures at the Asian nail spas for $30 bucks. All in all the services were very disappointing.
The spa itself was pretty nice although it was very crowded every hour on the hour due to the change of services.
I won't be going back to this spa and nor will I be recommending it to any of my friends.

4 Thank em73
bellmore ny
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Dont waste your money”
Reviewed 10 January 2010

I frequent Spa's and get massages very often....Red Door SPa, Four Seasons etc. I have never posted a comment on Trip Advisor until now. Dont waste your time or money on Spa Toccare. I selected the deep tissue tissue massage for a price of $150 for a 50 minute session. You pay for gratuity and tax upfront so the total was $190. Now i ALWAYS tip my masseuse well and even better for good service but I think it is quite ridiculous to have to pay a tip for a service that was not even received yet upfront. I guess I wouldnt have been so annoyed if I felt my massage was better. The guy running the changing room "whitey" was really great and was extremely professional . He was energetic and very attentive. I was led into my room by my polish massage tech - I forgot her name but remembered her nationality. She asked me if I had any areas I would have like her to concentrate more on and I explained that neck, lower back and feet. The entire time from when I entered the room to when I left I felt rushed....She didnt concentrate on the areas I had asked and shorted me on time. I was actually quite surprised when she said she was done. I had requested a deep tissue massage and it was really terrible. After the massage I went to the facilities which were pretty nice, sauna/steam room and jacuzzi which had a lot of people in it. One thing you need to realize is the Borgatta is a big hotel - this spa is a like factory and it is hard to relax in such a crowded facility. People constantly coming in and out of the steamroom/sauna - conversating. Sometimes you are just looking for a nice relaxing 15 minutes and at this spa its not going to happen, In conclusion I hope this review helps some of you - I will not be going back to Spa Toccare on my next visit to Atlantic City.

3 Thank defunct00
New York City
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Wonderful Spa!”
Reviewed 26 August 2009

I've been to Spa Toccare three times in the past year, and think it's a wonderful spa. Actually, the only spa I like better is the Qua Spa at Caesar's Palace in Las Vegas. I've been to many spas throughout the U.S., and Spa Toccare is among the best! Treatments are heavenly. Locker room is nice (I do like the electronic locking mechanism--although I did find it kind of funny when some woman was having trouble opening her lock--turned out she was trying to open my lock). Waiting area is nicely stocked with beverages, fruits, magazines and comfortable seating. The three whirlpools are clean and fairly large to accomodate the guests. Unfortunately, some of the guests need to have better manners and remove their used towels from the lounge chairs (the attendants think the chairs are in "use" so they don't remove the towels). I like the idea of the disposable bathing suits for guests that don't bring their own.

2 Thank ellenost
Loudoun County, VA
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Spa Toccare good but not great”
Reviewed 9 June 2009

I recently decided to partake in a few spa services at Spa Toccare while staying at The Borgata in Atlantic City. I've been to several resorts that specialize in spa services and was hoping that Spa Toccare would meet my expectations that the others had set.

While the visit wasn't horrible I found that the spa seemed to specialize more in herding as many people through as possible as opposed to an all-around relaxing environment. One nice thing I did like is that you pay for your services prior to entering the spa and they include a 15% gratuity at that time. Once you've completed your services, if you want to increase the gratuity, you can stop back by the spa concierge desk on your way out to do so.

The locker room had lockers with electronic locks, that were easy to use. The main changing area was a community area. You were shown to your locker, provided a robe, and told that the changing area was right there in the open. Once I asked if there was someplace else, I was told that I could change in one of the bathroom stalls. I chose to do so, but it was cramped and there were no hooks to hang my clothes while changing.

The environment in the waiting room was crowded - it was hard to relax when you have to share close quarters with strangers. It was a mixture of not enough seating and to many people scheduled at the same time/too close together. I felt more like I was in a doctors crowded waiting room instead of a spa. The staff, while helpful, they were somewhat loud when bustling through the waiting room. They did provide water, fruit juices, and fruit, in great volume and numerous reading materials for us while we waited.

My technician finally called my name and escorted me into the separate area where the treatment rooms were located. She was cheerful and helpful, and the treatment room was calming. The service itself was wonderful. The "treatment" (facial) was on par with spa services I've received at other Spas.

After the service was over my technician returned me to the main waiting room. I opened my locker and gathered my street clothes (locking the locker back) and returned to the bathroom stall to change out of my robe. When I returned to the locker to gather my wallet and phone, the lock no longer worked - it was stuck in the locked position. The attendant was helpful but they ultimately had to call casino facilities to come down and reset the lock so I could get my personal belongings from the locker. Considering how big the casino is, I was impressed that it only took a about 20 - 25 minutes for them to show up.

Ultimately, while I wouldn't cross Spa Toccare off my list entirely for future return visits (it's better than doing nothing while my friends are off gambling), I have lowered expectations for it going forward. The best way I can put it is kind of like going to Ruby Tuesday's when you want a really really delicious steak. You can get a steak and it will do the job - but if you really want a true over the top steak experience - it's better to go to a place that specialized in steak.

3 Thank Happy_Newfie