“Happy birthday to me!”
Review of Olon

Olon
Ranked #70 of 436 Restaurants in Atlantic City
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

First time here and already plotting my return! I’m not a huge drinker, but the Victoria Moreno was a spicy delight! Our server, Katy, was incredibly helpful and made this experience even more pleasurable! I celebrated my part of my birthday week here and it was a great adventure!

Reviewed 2 April 2018

We were pleasantly surprised at our experience at Olon in the Tropicana AC. We came for Easter brunch and were seated early, with no problem. The views were amazing, decor was delightful and wait staff very attentive. Even though it was a partially-buffet brunch, everything was high quality. We enjoyed the raw bar and then had the crab benedict (excellent) skirt steak and eggs (also excellent) and the salmon (again, excellent). We had a mimosa from the bottomless mimosas and coffee - all were great. I would definitely recommend the brunch here. We stopped by the night before for a cocktail and they had live music, too -which was nice. During our trip we also tried Cuba Libre and the burger place next to Cuba Libre and Olon was 100% better than the other 2 places. Definitely try Olon next time you're in AC!

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Visited Olon at the Trop for dinner on a Sunday night with another couple. My husband ordered the crab cakes which he said were different but good. I and another person had the flounder stuffed with crab which was excellent.The other person had jumbo fried shrimp which was also quite good. We all had dessert and a drink . The total for the 4 of us with tip was over $300. The service was excellent, and we all enjoyed the view of the beach and ocean.

Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

I made a reservation at Olon for 8:30pm on Tuesday October 24th, 2017 on Open table.com. This was for my wife's birthday. We arrived at the restaurant on time to be seated at a oceanvew table. With a minute, the busboy brought us water. He said our server would be right over. We waited a total of 15 minutes to not even be greeted. We left and had dinner at Cuba Libre. Olon had the nerve to cancel the reservation and I had to explain the situation to Opentable. Contacted the restaurant and never heard back. I will not return!

Reviewed 12 March 2018

Second time here. First time was about a year ago when it opened. Not busy then, so we were able to have a nice chat with our server, who told us some of its history. Very busy this time, although the staff was still great. Definitely different, in a good way. South American, based on Chef Garces' memories of family meals on the beach when he was growing up in Ecuador. The name Olon is the same as that "playa" (beach) from his childhood. We tried the Restaurant Week "Price Fix" dinner. Four of us had different entrees, but the best part of each of our meals were the sides. Soup, seviche, plaintain chips and guac, hearts of palm salad, each an entrée by itself. Shrimp, salmon, and chicken were our main courses. Plus chocolate trifle for dessert. Everything very delicious, and just not like most American restaurants.