Sheraton Atlantic City Convention Center Hotel
Ranked #12 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
Reviewed 4 January 2013

My wife and I stayed on New Year's Day and we had a wonderful time. The hotel is clean, the workers are friendly and helpful, and the location is far enough away from the craziness of the Boardwalk area. There is public transportation (shuttle) across the driveway and it is only $2.25 each way to various points on the Boardwalk. The shuttle (Jitney) comes every 15 minutes. Taxis are also there and cost about $10 to the Boardwalk. Outlet stores are also across the street and a block further is a Caesars Casino and other places of interest. We had 2 dogs and they were both welcome. The pool area reminds me of ones on a cruise ship. Very clean and warm water! The only constructive criticism I have is the $14 parking fee and there is no complimentary breakfast.

Room Tip: Ask for various discounts like AAA, senior, military/govt, etc...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
SheratonAC, General Manager at Sheraton Atlantic City Convention Center Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2013

Thank you for staying with us at the Sheraton Atlantic City Hotel. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and the excitment of Atlantic City. We look forward to welcoming you back again for another "Wonderful" stay.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,388)

Reviewed 3 January 2013

This is the worst hotel I have ever been to!!! Our reservations were messed up ( I asked for a King and they gave me a Queen), they charged me $900.00 for 2 nights which was insane and on top of things with their mess up, they forced us to stay in that room. There was a barking dog in the next room that would not shut up and of course that was the owner's right to keep the dog in the room. They charged us 24.00 for valet parking when meanwhile they never even moved our truck and we were only there for an hour (supposedly we were supposed to have a discounted rate on valet when I made the reservation- which of course they lied about when we got there). The room was dirty and smelled terrible- like a motel room, disgusting. Streaks and fingerprints on the windows- they weren't cleaned in awhile. Carpets were stained- extremely dirty. I actually took pictures and a video of the room, thats how grossed out I was.

I was so upset with the manager because he wouldn't do anything to help. We ended up leaving, and staying at the Golden Nugget and I spent 700.00 there for a better hotel, cleaner environment and friendlier staff. Can you believe Sheraton wouldn't even refund me my money??? Then the next day I saw that they charged me for 50.00 on my credit card for no reason. We never used the room and I paid the valet with cash. I left messages with the accounting dept. and they wouldn't even return my call. So now I have to dispute all these charges through my bank and close my credit card. This hotel has nothing to offer. It's away from everything and doesn't have local access to any casinos. I was fooled by it's 4.5 stars. I highly doubt that's true.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Terry C
SheratonAC, General Manager at Sheraton Atlantic City Convention Center Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your impressions of our hotel – it is invaluable to us as we strive to improve. We are very distressed to read that we did not meet your expectations, especially with regard to the disruption of your evening by the barking dog on your floor.
If you have a few more minutes, we would really appreciate any further information that you can give me about your stay. Would you be able to call our Executive Office to discuss furtheer.
Please accept our apologies for a less than perfect stay. We look forward to learning more from you and hope to have an opportunity to make amends.

Reviewed 2 January 2013

My first impression was of the lobby which was beautifully appointed. Even though I live locally to this hotel, I was unaware of all the Miss America memorabilia which is attractively displayed encased in glass--even the shoes! The entire hotel is contemporary and spotless. Our room had a king-sized bed, WiFi, large desk and big bathroom. It was nice being under that thick comforter while lying against those cozy pillows. Why stay at the casinos when you can stay in this beautiful hotel only a few blocks away from Caesar's and steps from the trainstation? I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing west toward the shoreline and skyline of casinos.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
SheratonAC, General Manager at Sheraton Atlantic City Convention Center Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2013

We were so pleased to hear that you were "Pleasantly Suprised" during your stay with us at the Sheraton Atlantic City Hotel. We take pride in making all our guests feel welcome here. We hope you will choose us again the next time your traveling to AC.

Reviewed 1 January 2013

This hotel is nicely located. The room we had was fine and clean and the shower was just fine. The soaps and shampoo were excellent and the towels were clean, as were the sheets.

Since the Sheraton is one of the two pet-friendly hotels in AC, we had little choice. No problem with the dog, no problem with the check-in, no problem with the room.

The baggage carts were only accessible with a bellman attached. They've gotta make a buck, but I resented not having the option of managing my own baggage without multiple trips up and down.

For WiFi, we could pay $9.95. Nope.

And breakfast was rally expensive. $9.50 oatmeal? Nope.

A small fire in the wee hours sent us down the stairs, and then the smoke from that fire set off another alarm soon after. We were told that the inconvenience would take the parking fee off our bill. I didn't check it on the way out the door, but it stayed on the bill.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank todbo

Thank you for staying with us, we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We will look into what you were promised and make sure we make good on your promise. We hope you will stay with us again the next time your travels bring you to AC.

Reviewed 31 December 2012

The hotel's street address is very unclear, our gps (using updated google maps, btw) didn't direct us correctly, and we turned to the Expressway twice, paying tolls both times to return. The main entrance of the hotel is literally hidden, we had to guess which way should we walk from the parking lot. Parking for 15 dollars per night is unacceptable. It should have been stated on the website at the time of the order. The room is very simple, like in a cheap motel. Generally, the hotel is overpriced considering its additional fees for parking and the internet. The personnel were nice and helpful, though, and we had a great look from the window in our room. Also, I hated this "Miss America" Museum in the hall. I felt like being in a women apparel store every time when I was passing to the elevator.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends

Thank you for sharing your comments. We are working to make improvements in these areas and welcome you to contact our Executive Office to discuss your stay in further detail.