“Watch Out for the Mini Bar”

The Water Club by Borgata
Ranked #4 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
“Watch Out for the Mini Bar”
Reviewed 20 March 2012

I have stayed a few times in the past . The Resort is beautiful & modern, very clean, The Borgota Casino is huge & has lots to offer as far as gambling, nightlife & restaurants. The indoor pool & the spa are Excellent! The rooms are large & beds are comfortable. Don't expect an upgrade even when they have a low occupancy, unless you are a big gambler. The mini bar controls are ridiculous. I accidentally bumped a small bottle of wine on the dresser & was charged $19. It took me 4 phone calls & 2 days to be credited for those charges.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
7 Thank Deven T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
Philadelphia
Reviewed 13 March 2012

We stayed here on a Friday night in March. We checked in early without any problem. The room was large, with beautiful windows over looking Absecon Inlet and the Ocean. Shower and bathroom were very nice and large as well.
I had read other reviewers comments on the crazy control-freak minibar-- Its true, if you remove an item for longer than 30 seconds you'll be charged, No thanks!
We were able to enjoy the downstairs pool and hot tub for a few hours. This was the highlight of our stay. There are two hot tubs but only one was working while we were there. The pool area was busy but quiet and very relaxing. I didn't care for the loud party music on a Friday afternoon.
There is no food or beverage service at the pool on Friday afternoons, presumably in the off season only. You can order food and beverage in the adjacent Sunroom. We had two expertly mixed cocktails that were well worth their $12 price tag. However, we had really forgettable and over priced french fries as a snack.

I've stayed at a variety of resorts and high-end hotels in other cities. I will happily pay for luxury and convenience. Seriously. However, the Water Club is nothing compared to other resort style properties that I have stayed at. For instance, internet service is priced at $9.95 PER DEVICE. Really? its 2012 and you market yourselves as a luxury alternative in Atlantic City, yet you nickle and dime guests over internet connections?

Again, I do not mind paying for service, but when I'm staying someplace to relax and enjoy myself, feeling like I'm being followed by a cash register just feels tacky. Another reviewer pointed out that there is no actual drinking water at the Water Club-- this is true also. I've never stayed at a higher end property that didn't provide its guests with fresh iced water in the lobby. There's not even ice water available at the pool. Its little things like this that make guests feel quite unwelcome.

It appears as though for some time the Water Club offered its "regular old" hotel guests access to the pool and gym within the Spa. This is no longer the case. We were very disappointed by this. Because of this, I consider the Water Club to NOT have a gym. Oh yeah, you can use it for an extra $40 a day. Who does that?

Finally, the air quality is terrible. I guess this just comes with the territory when sharing space with smoking rooms, casinos and restaurants. But honestly, what healthy person wants to stay some place with terrible air quality and no gym? I awoke on Saturday with congestion and a headache that was only relieved when we checked out.

I don't hang out at casinos very often, so maybe I'm simply not the target guest of The Water Club. I expected a certain amount of nickle and diming, but didn't expect it to be so tasteless. We won't be staying again and I can't say that I would recommend the place to any of my friends -- most of who would expect use of a health club and internet access when staying at a "luxury" hotel.

Room Tip: nice view from the 29th floor. Could smell cigarette smoke when elevator stopped on certain floors o...
13 Thank Fiche
Trenton, NJ
Reviewed 12 March 2012

I stayed last Thursday and Friday nights, comped. I can't believe how quiet it was in the room. And I was right next to the elevators! I normally stay at the Borgata in a Fiore Suite to be away from most of the noise in the hallway. No need to worry here. By the way, there is a coffee maker in the room now. The only thing I do not like about these rooms is the TV remote. It is so sensitive to touch that it is hard to get to and hold a channel. Also, you cannot check out on the TV like at Borgata.

Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank JLESTO
Newark, Delaware
Reviewed 12 March 2012

My husband and I stayed at The Water Club for a weekend away - just the two of us! We knew we were in for a treat from the moment we arrived at the Valet Parking and went up to the Lobby. The hotel has a great vibe. We had a Vista Room - offering us two different great views of the Atlantic City area - including the ocean. The room was beautifully appointed - very clean - with all the extras! Great service at the front desk and reservation phone lines. We ate wonderful, albeit expensive, meals all weekend at both the fine dining and quick service restaurants - even saw a few "celebrities" including some folks from The FoodNetwork while dining at Bobby Flay's in the Borgata. Had an equally wonderful meal at the Italian restaurant on the property the next evening. But enough about eating - as others have mentioned, the Immersion Spa at The Water Club is unbelievable. We did not have any spa services there (this time - but will next time!) - however, if you are a guest of The Water Club, you may use the large jacuzzi and lap pool up on the 32nd floor. It's heaven up there - with huge glass windows and lounge chairs arranged so you can peacefully view the marina and ocean. We can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Vista Rooms offer you large windows on 2 corners oft he building - a "vista" view! They o...
1 Thank Meredith B
Mansfield
Reviewed 10 March 2012

Stayed at the Water Club with a mid week special. The room was very comfortable. Loved the shower and flat screen tv. Used the jacuzzi at the spa. Also used the pool on the first floor and jacuzzi. Beautiful settings at both. Worth the stay and we will be back when they have mid week specials. Can be very expensive on Friday and Saturday.

Room Tip: We picked the upper floor 30 - Better views.
1 Thank BabsMansfield