I recently stayed there for a wedding and that was the hotel that was booked, but I was not a fan. To start off there was not enough parking spots for the guests. At 6pm they explained to use that the lot was full and did not comp our parking to park on the street. The parking lot seemed to be big enough to fit the staff. The hotel room was very big though, except for having to use your room key to work the electric. The thermostat in our room did not work well and after speaking to another guest, their's did not work well either. The shower only had one piece of glass and did not run the full length of the tub, which made it fun to shower because the floor was soaked afterwards. They did have flat screen televisions in the room, but no HD channels. I would not stay there again, but then again I think it is probably the nicest hotel in Asbury Park..If you do room here, don't expect anything fancy..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As historic Asbury Park's premier boutique hotel, The Berkeley Oceanfront Hotel enjoys a prime location along the New Jersey shoreline just steps from the famed boardwalk. Designed by noted Beaux Arts architect Warren Whitney of New York, the hotel recently underwent a renovation of historic proportions and is poised to experience the renaissance of this nineteenth-century seaside destination. Modern luxuries complement the classic grandeur of this 238-room famous hotel, with a nod to the Victorian architecture and oceanfront glamour of Asbury Park's storied past. The Berkeley Oceanfront Hotel embodies everything that is the revitalization of the famed Jersey Shore and itself represents the rebirth of this cultural icon. The Berkeley offers a bar and restaurant during the summer season only. Parking is available in our lot at an additional cost. Parking is provided on a first come, first serve basis as it is limited. The Berkeley prides itself on being a pet friendly hotel. Pet friendly rooms are offered on a designated floor at an additional cost. A complimentary coffee service is available daily from 7 AM to 11 AM for all overnight guests. For questions or concerns, please reach out to the email provided on our general information page. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia APAC, Hotels.com, Wotif.com, Priceline, lastminute.com.au, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Berkeley Oceanfront Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Berkeley Hotel Asbury Park
- Berkeley Carteret Oceanfront Hotel
- Berkeley Asbury Park