“Great points and not-so-great points”

Dann Carlton Medellin Hotel
Ranked #15 of 112 Hotels in Medellin
Reviewed 25 February 2017

This was an eight-day stay at the Dann Carlton Hotel. The location cannot be beat, considering its central location. The decor is lovely. The staff are friendly. Rooms are comfortable, extremely clean and a nice breakfast buffet is available. During breakfast, one can ask for special requests for foods not on the buffet tables. The pool is divine and I appreciated sitting in the steam room off and on. The not-so-great elements are that although the staff is friendly, the pace of service is lacking. It took me three requests and two full days to get an iron delivered to our room. Our room needed to be changed (moved to a higher floor due to noise). I heard from the front desk, 1:00. then 2:00, then 10 more minutes, then another hour, etc. It was over a four hour wait. In the scheme of things, that is not bad. I just wished to have been told the proper amount of time in the first place so that I would have scheduled my day differently. My sense is that when I return, I'll consider coming back to the Dann Carlton. I will just come with a lower set of expectations when I need something from the staff.

Room Tip: Rooms up high are quieter. Having a park view is sweet.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Elise G
Dann Carlton M, Director General at Dann Carlton Medellin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2017

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your opinion with us. Comments like yours motivates us to keep improving our work. We appreciate your nice observations about our decor, location and staff´s service.
We are taking notes about our service pace to share it with the area in charge and make the necessary adjustments to give the best experience during your stay with us.

We hope to see you again soon!
Have a nice day.

Reviewed 14 February 2017

This is an older hotel located in a great part of town known as Poblado.The accomidations were very good and the staff was super friendly.As an american I felt completely safe walking around in this part of town.The rooms were very comfortable and the food was quite good.I have stayed there twice and will stay again when in Medellin.Taxis are always available and it is very centrally located.

Room Tip: Each time I've stayed there has never been a noise problem
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
Dann Carlton M, Director General at Dann Carlton Medellin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2017

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your opinion with us. We appreciate your comments about our staff´s service, our rooms and cuisine. We are glad you enjoyed our estrategic location.

We thank you for chosing us as our hotel in Medellin and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 11 February 2017 via mobile

My wife and I stayed for 2 nights. We enjoyed the pool and had refreshments and food poolside. I even used the excerise equipment. The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. The buffet breakfast was very fresh. There are many restaurants, casinos, and street vendors nearby. We walked through the park next to the hotel. Just awesome!!!

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Dann Carlton M, Director General at Dann Carlton Medellin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2017

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your opinion with us. We appreciate your comments about our staff´s service, our breakfast and pool area. We are glad you enjoyed our estrategic location.

You are always welcome to come back and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 9 February 2017 via mobile

I was a bit skeptical to come back to Medellin at first as it is my home city and when I left, Medellin was a dangerous and scary place.
However, once I touched down and checked into the Dann Carlton, all my expectations were changed as I was greeted by super professional, mostly bi-lingual and welcoming staff. They were very helpful, easy going and discreet and I immediately felt at home. The hotel is top notch World class luxury for a very reasonable price. The rooms are spacious, modern, state of the art and technologically well equipped. The great bathrooms, amazing power shower, soft fluffy towels, comfortable beds with Egyptian cotton linens and all the knick knacks made me feel tremendously pampered.
Outside the hotel is a super tranquil pool staffed by excellent people with lovely Colgate smiles all around.
All in all, the hotel is a lovely oasis situated in a bustling metropolis with easy access to the best bars, restaurants, clubs and shopping areas.
My only regret is my 20 days flew by too quickly but I'll be back very soon
Thank you Dann Carlton for a super time!

Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Jhonny R

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your opinion with us. We are glad to know that your experience during your stay with us was excellent. We trully appreciate your observations about our staff´s service, our rooms and pool area. Comments like yours make us work harder to keep giving our guests the best 5 star hotel experience.

You are always welcome to come back and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 9 February 2017 via mobile

I was only in town for a night but has stayed here before. I decided to book here again thinking "better the devil you know" A bit disappointed as the area has grown and is now busier and noisier. Windows do not have double glazing so even if you ask for a high enough floor to be away from noise and parties on the ground you can still hear it (mind you it was Saturday night )
Hotel is very dated as most are in Colombia. Rooms are big but they've seen better days. It's clean and beds are comfortable but don't expect luxury in European standards .
Breakfast is good, give up on tea when in Colombia and go for coffee to avoid disappointment. When in Rome ...
The hotel has a nice pool mostly used by families with kids. Staff are friendly hotel ride to airport is about 50 minutes but hotel is centrally located in a nice area called El Poblado which has good shops and restaurants.

Stayed: February 2017

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your opinion with us. We truly appreciate your nice comments about our location, service and pool area.
About the noise in our rooms, we kindly ask if you could send us your contact information to the e-mail rrpp@danncarlton.com, so we can give you that well deserved rest.
Also, we are pleased inform you that we´re currently renovating our rooms to give our guests the best experience during their stay with us. It would be an honor if you chose us as your hotel next time you visit Medellin.

Hope to hear from you soon.