“Ribs me up!”

Barbaro Cocina Primitiva
Ranked #11 of 1,553 Restaurants in Medellin
Price range: USD 10 - USD 44
Description: Barbaro cocina primitiva is the perfect choice if you want to taste the best grill plates this city can offer. We have a selected variety of proteins (pork, beef, chicken, fish, seafood) every recipe with our secret american touch.
Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Do not pass go, do not collect $200 - go straight to Barbaro and get the ribs!

I’m sure there are plenty of other great things to eat here but they ribs and coleslaw were awesome.

I’m just sad I don’t have more time in Medellin to come back and try the other menu items.

Felipe O, Gerente at Barbaro Cocina Primitiva, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2018

Thank you Matt for your review, hope we can see you again next time you visit our country.

Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

Was a great service the manager was very patient and helped us in good english and adriana the waitress was very good! And the meat was cooked right ans delicious!

Felipe O, Gerente at Barbaro Cocina Primitiva, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2018

Good evening.

Thank you for the review, im glad that you all enjoyed your visit on our restaurant. Hope i can see you again soon.

Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

My boyfriend and I wanted a low key place for dinner and Bárbaro Cocina was absolutely perfect! We did make reservations online but the host couldn’t seem to find out name- wasn’t a problem at all and sat us quickly. Looking at the menu it was completely in Spanish (each of us only understand my a small portion) our host once again came to the rescue and pointed out several of the most popular dishes. I got the loin steak and him the pork ribs- both were fabulous and cooked perfectly. We did order pulled pork nachos for an appetizer, however I think our server forgot them mid meal and they finally came out. Still were amazing and I’m glad I didn’t eat them first so I could save room for my actual dinner.

The atmosphere was rustic and very trendy, there was even several birthday groups ranging in ages 10-50 there. It was a perfect cool evening and ended our day in Columbia perfectly!

One tip when going - make sure you go upstairs to the restaurant. Walking up there is another, completely different restaurant and the host there tried to lure us in. So glad we didn’t cave and walked the flight upstairs!

Highly recommend!!

1  Thank Elizabeth A

Good evening Elizabeth.

Im glad that your experience were so satisfactory. I remembered both of you and I appreciate for the reviews. Hope i can see you again when you come again to our country.

Reviewed 16 February 2018

Barbaro is a restaurant in a good place of the city, it's near to Laureles Park.
It offers primitive food, its main plate is meat.
It isn't cheap but it isn't expensive.
Its furnitures are very comfortable and it's a romatic place for to be with your couple.
I felt very good because the food is delicious and the waiters are very helpful
then this place has five stars for my.
I recommend Barbaros totally.

1  Thank David A
Felipe O, Gerente at Barbaro Cocina Primitiva, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2018

Good evening.

Thank you David for visiting us. We are are doing our best job for succesfully give you the best experience that you can get on a restaurant. Im glad that you noticed this. Hope i can see you again soon.

Reviewed 15 February 2018

This place could be good for a date or group celebration. It's on a 2nd floor terrace, and open to the sky. We ordered ribs, a steak, and a couple of cocktails. The ribs were dry and flavorless other than the sauce. The steak was undercooked, and so tough I couldn't choke it down. I called the manager and asked for another piece of meat, because this one could not be salvaged. Someone at another table had the same complaint. He brought me a tenderloin, which was truly a delicious piece of meat, although tartar. I had them finish cooking it, and really enjoyed it. Compared to other steak houses I've been to, this one does not sear the meat at a high enough temperature to brown the outside, and seal in the juices. Also, medium in Colombia apparently doesn't mean what medium in the US means. Instead of being soft and juicy, with a little pink on the inside, it was slightly browned on the outside and cool and raw inside. The sides were fine, but this place has an odd habit of garnishing everything with peanuts.

Good evening.

I sadly remembered your bad experience and let me tell you that we have been working and improving our skills so this doesn´t happen again. Hope you can understand and give us a second chance.