“Something new”

La Chagra, Sabores Amazonicos
Ranked #50 of 1,553 Restaurants in Medellin
Price range: USD 15 - USD 70
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Excellent choice for a different kind of taste. Interesting choice of ingredients, presented in high-level and explained properly. Recommended for a different experience!

Reviewed 26 February 2018

We should have known when the restaurants on the same block were bustling and we we the only people at this restaurant. It was recommended from a hotel. I was excited as I have eaten exotic food in the amazon. Nothing on the menu resembled anything that I ate in the three weeks that I spent in the amazon. The food has been delicious in Columbia in general. The exotic ceviche was tasted like thousand island dressing. a terrible experience with the food. Walk across the street and you will be delighted with the food in the other restaurants.

2  Thank dbwinsf
Reviewed 23 February 2018 via mobile

Even though only one table was occupied here when we entered, and it was occupied by tourists, we decided to try the restaurant anyway because the food sounded good. However, the restaurant insisted on us sitting at an awful table and there were so many other better tables available. So we left. We didn’t leave with an attitude. But this restaurant could’ve cared less that they were losing the business which makes me wonder how fresh is the food if they’re not serving it. We went down the street to another restaurant which was completely full of local people and a few tourists. We waited on a table for about 10 minutes at the other restaurant. I’m so glad to trust my intuition when things immediately start off bad somewhere. “Immediately leave!” I’m still interested in trying this food here. But, they’ve got a bad attitude at this restaurant. So, no need to experience bad manners again. We won’t return!

Reviewed 26 January 2018

The presentation is fun the waiter ran to our table with a box, when he opened it there were four small drinks with dry ice vapor swirling around. This drink was alcohol made from wood bark, this turned me off as alcohol made from wood is very dangerous, it was a small amount but made me wonder if people from the Amazon drink this. We ordered the medium sample menu and each dish had the same fish. My kids sort of liked everything and my husband and I hardly ate anything. The waiter told stories about each dish, things like this represents the grandfathers or this represents the diversity of the rain forrest, etc. my husband wasn’t buying any of it. I see good reviews so I guess some people like it but not me me.

Reviewed 26 January 2018

We loved this restaurant. The dishes we had were tasty the atmosphere elegant without being stuffy and the drinks great. Highly recommended. In great pocket of El Poblado.