“Emerald museum ”

Ranked #6 of 156 things to do in Cartagena
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We went there last summer ! It was really nice to learn about emeralds . Really nice that they put everything together and also they do have store on the way out to see emeralds! It was free when I went . Small place , make it easy for teen to look around

Date of experience: June 2017
Caribe J, Comunicaciones at Caribe Jewelry and Emerald Museum, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2018

Hello, Clara! Thank you very much for your visit at the Emerald Museum, we appreciate your review. Welcome back anytime!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,683)
All reviews
in 74 reviews
"ring"
in 81 reviews

Reviewed 1 April 2018

My group enjoyed viewing the Emerald Museum and seeing some items that were taken off the coast of Florida. The sales people in the Jewelry store were very fair and I love the piece we bought.

Date of experience: February 2018
Caribe J, Comunicaciones at Caribe Jewelry and Emerald Museum, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Hello! Thank you very much for your visit at the Emerald Museum, we appreciate your review. Welcome back anytime!

Reviewed 30 March 2018

Visited as part of a tour in Jan 2018. A guided tour of the employees working on emeralds, as well as a history and decent tour of the emeralds in Colombia. Its quick enough to not be boring :) Then you get to look at all the jewellery! There are some incredible pieces, so if you have the money, you can get anything. I did appreciate that they had earrings and pendants for less than $100 as well. If I had been prepared to spend some serious coin, I could have! As it was, I picked up tasteful emerald studs for my mother and a nice pendant for myself. Service was friendly and not pushy. :)

Date of experience: January 2018

Hi! Thank you very much for your visit. We really appreciate you shared your review about the experience at the Emerald Museum by Caribe Jewelry. Thank you for your purchase and your confidence in our products. You can be sure you have taken a piece of the world's best emeralds. Welcome back anytime!

Reviewed 28 March 2018

This was an excursion offered by our cruise line. I have to say that this was one of the most informative & enjoyable excursions I have ever experienced. The information provided gave you the knowledge so you can make an educated decision on purchasing an emerald, if you wish. And, who doesn't want to buy it from the source? Everyone had a great time learning, and looking at the 'samples'. After 'classroom', we were given refreshments & had time to shop. Originally we were going to other shops to look for emeralds, but we all decided there was no reason to shop elsewhere. There was no pressure, if you had questions-they answered them completely. My only regret is I didn't buy another loose stone. I hope that I will return one day so I can shop in their wonderful shop & city. Thank you for a wonderful experience in Cartagena learning all about emeralds!

Date of experience: March 2018
1  Thank patmchale1979

Hi! We really appreciate you shared your review about the experience at the Emerald Museum by Caribe Jewelry. Thank you for your purchase and your confidence in our products. You can be sure you have taken the most special souvenir of Colombia. Welcome back anytime!

See more reviews
Reviewed 28 March 2018

This is a great place to learn all about the emerald industry around the world. It is also a great place to buy them The staff is so friendly and helpful. They do not pressure you at all and they are willing to show you everything. There is also a mine exhibit that toys to show you exactly what an emerald mine would look like. All in it's about and hour to 2 hour excursion depending on how long you shop. Worth a visit.

Date of experience: December 2017
Caribe J, Comunicaciones at Caribe Jewelry and Emerald Museum, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018