“A disappointment ”

Tours in Rosario islands
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Eco tourism in Rosario Islands visit the dolphins and more, have fun in our beautiful beachs, enjoy diving, snorkel, dolphins and more with us
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I expected to lay at the beach on an island. There's no beach at Cocoliso Resort, except for a sliver of maybe 20-30 feet next to the docks. The umbrellas and chairs are on a concrete dock next to the water. I was told by a couple of locals that there was a beautiful beach, playa bonita, about 10 mins walk away. I was alone so I decided to stay at the resort. Luckily, no one really came to the slice of beach, they mostly stayed at the pool, so it was like my own private beach. Of note, there was a band of maybe 4-5 feet of pieces of coral to walk through to get to beautiful sand in the water. So, if you do go, you should wear water shoes or go to the other beach. The lunch provided with the tour left a lot to be desired. The service at the resort was also subpar. I would have been totally disappointed with the tour if the little slice of beach was not there and I didn't visit the aquarium. Also note that they only offered wifi to their guests. Luckily for me, my phone plan provided data. So, plan wisely if you decide to take the tour to Isla Grande de Los Islas Rosario.

1  Thank coco102472
Write a ReviewReviews (6,020)
All reviews
in 64 reviews
"gente"
in 20 reviews

Reviewed 5 April 2018

the rosario island's are great. they have the best aquarium and the white sand, clear water beaches are something to see and enjoy. The problem is getting there where you have to take a boat that goes out in the open ocean and its MOVES a lot, you will jump, get wet so beware to not get sea sick and that you can handle a though boat ride that is 45 minutes to get there and the 45 back.

1  Thank jacampos00
Reviewed 4 April 2018

I enjoyed escaping the hustle and bustle within the walled city of Cartagena for a little piece of clear water, white sand paradise. Lunch of fresh fish, coconut rice and plantains was spot on.

The stretch of beach was a teeny bit smaller than what I envisioned in my head but still beautiful none the less. Snorkeling the reefs was fun, but don't go expecting to see much other than the usual suspects around the coral: the Nemos and Dorys of the sea. No sea turtles, or anything large (at least not the day we went). Please remember NOT to touch the coral.

Overall, decent day trip for $89.99 USD (which included full lunch and drinks)

1  Thank TravelAgentDiary
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

We rented a private boat for an eight hour tour of the Rosario islands. We had the opportunity to go to four separate islands on this tour. Some islands were very busy while others were not so busy. Thr beaches are white sand and beautiful. One island we went to our private boat pulled up and we exited the boat. We are quickly greeted and led to a table and chairs and were able to order food on the beach although slightly expensive that was expected for where we were. We also had the opportunity to snorkel in the “gardens” and saw plenty of colorful fish. We would highly recommend going to the islands on your vacation.

1  Thank mfrs
See more reviews
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Max Chill out day ... a trip to Isla Rosario .. National park with a very fragile corral reef some 100 km by speed boat off the coast of Cartegana to a small resort called Gende del Mar.. three small pvt beaches on the Carribean sea .. the trip there was fast and furious and I felt like Sonny Crocket from Miami Vice .. the trip back was up the Sinu river due to high winds on the seaward side ... felt like Sonny with a hangover but the day simply put was glorious. The tour company This is Cartegana did a super job , no stress, streamlined and well worth the $75 including lunch ..

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member