“I had the best vacation rental experience with...”
other travellers have booked this property
swimming pool
sofa bed in the living room master bathroom
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
swimming pool
sofa bed in the living room
master bathroom
kitchen
pic of sunset from the terrace
December 2016
Balcony off the living room
living room with view of the ocean
Master bedroom
second small bedroom
view from the kitchen
viewfrom the living room
Hallway leading to elevator
view of the beach from my balcony
Marbella walking distance to the Old walled city
View from the master bedroom
living room
View from the balcony
swimming pool
View from the living room
Master Bedroom
Living Room
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Kurt K
Phoenix, Arizona
“I had the best vacation rental experience with Marisa Truzzi Triebsch”
Reviewed 26 August 2014 for a stay in August 2014

I had the best experience renting from Marisa Truzzi Triebsch. This unit is SPECTACULAR. The pictures do not do justice to the incredible views from the 6th floor of this security building. I've rented apartments in South American and Central America (in Medellin, San Jose - Costa Rica, Argentina and Rio in Brazil). This was the best experience that I have ever had with a apartment rental and the reason was Marisa, the landlord/owner of the unit. Her unit has a huge master bedroom, smaller maid bedroom and is perfect for a couple traveling....although the unit can sleep up to 4. I can not emphasize how wonderful the views were. Marisa's unit has incredible views from the large front room and a huge deck/balcony. The unit is secure too in a security building with a doorman. The plumbing was fine and I had no problems. Marisa has upgrades throughout the unit. Her unit is truly a 10 on a scale of 10. The best apartment that I've ever rented on vacation. I highly recommend. Everything Marisa promised and her advertisement in Flip Key promised was delivered on. For $130 a night, it was an incredible deal.

Liked best: Dealing with Marisa,t he owner of the unit. She REALLY CARES
Liked least: Dealing with FlipKey. FlipKey's customer support is poor (at best)
Travelling group: Solo
People with disabilities Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
9 Sep 2014
Hello Kurt , thank you so much for being such an incredible guest !
Bryan1234...
Atlanta, Georgia
“Nice highrise apartment”
Reviewed 7 August 2014 for a stay in July 2014

This particular rental was unique because of the location and the actual apartment itself. It is not actually a full 2 bedroom. It is a one large bedroom with a maids quarters area next to the kitchen and laundry room. This is a normal set up in South America. The apartment is nice and comfortable but only has air in the bedroom. There is a nice breeze but because the windows remain open a lot many things get ruined from the sea air. The balcony is really nice and the view is very good for Cartagena. It is 5 minutes at most from the airport so it is easy to get in and out of the city. It is very close to the walled city but the surrounding area is lost in time and renovated by developers which is good and bad. You have way less people bothering you but walking in the area gives you a true local feel for the area 30 years ago. The doorman are very nice and helpful and very friendly. We had a small party for my birthday and they were friendly to everyone and looked out for us as well and did not let anyone bother us and kept people from being pain or bothering us when the party was over. We ended up having a great time and slept like babies in the ice cold bedroom at night with 2 fans blowing on us from each side. Marissa was not in the city but she organized everything in advance and made sure there were no issues. The pool was being repaired when we there so we did not get to use. The building is old and in need of some work but nothing that made us not like the place. We did not expect everything to be perfect because we understood it was an older building. Some of the new places have too many rules and regulations and do not allow guests or friends so this makes for a boring time in Cartagena. I appreciated the flexibility of being treated like an adult and took care to leave the apartment without problems and perfect when we left. I would recommend this apartment to people who are not looking for perfect 5 star accommodations and want a nice convenient fun place to stay. Make sure that you can speak some Spanish or you will have a difficult time in this area with only English skills. All and all we had a great time and would stay there again.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The balcony looking over the beach
Liked least: no air conditioning in the living room
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
16 Aug 2014
Hello Bryan , i would like to thank you for the review of my apartment , hope you will be back again
Best regards
Marisa Truzzi
MichelaNY...
New York City, New York
“A Perfect Spot In Which To Enjoy Cartagena”
Reviewed 19 March 2014 for a stay in February 2014

Having rented apartments in many countries with varying surprises upon arrival I must say that this was a very pleasant way to start my month in Cartagena. You could not find a kinder hostess than Marisa. Not only did she greet me at the apartment but she took me on a mini tour of the Old City, helped me to exchange (at the best rate) my USD for pesos and then took me to dinner at a local restaurant. The building itself is very clean with a responsive staff...there were a few problems the first week with a water leak from above apartment but the building staff, including the 24 hour front desk was very quick to do whatever they could to take care of the problem, as was Marisa.
The location is ideal...you are a short walk from the EXITO market where you can purchase any and all food for cooking in the apartment which has a well equipped open kitchen. You are also a short walk from the Old City. If you are not a walker cabs are plentiful and inexpensive....just ask the price before you get in. The apartment has wireless internet but no TV. I did fine without a TV...watched the Olympics on my computer. There is a pool and of course you have the sea right outside your door. I swam in both every day.

Only one problem....NOISE...UNBEARABLE TRAFFIC NOISE. There is a five lane highway underneath the balcony...cabs and motorbikes have these high pitched horns and they honk constantly. People do not just hail cabs so the cabs honk constantly as they go down a road. Then there is the never ending stream of buses which also honk and have the loudest brakes you have ever heard. There is a stop light and a corner under the balcony as well so as the buses make the turn the screech of brakes and the honking of cars is unbearable....and this is from someone who lives in downtown Manhattan...not someone used to quiet suburbs. Now, Marisa assured me that they were building a new highway someplace else that would alleviate this BUT i would check first before you commit because from 7:00 am to 9:00 pm I had to keep the balcony doors closed and even that did not significantly diminish the noise.
It is for this reason alone that I could not give the apartment 5 stars.

Liked best: The proximity to the Old City
Liked least: I disliked the constant honking of horns and screeching of brakes. Too much noise for this New Yorker.
Travelling group: Solo
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
19 Mar 2014
Hi Michela , hope all is well with you
Thank you for the review !
Regards
Marisa
Toronto Ontario Canada
Reviewed 28 October 2013 for a stay in October 2013

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Older travelers
9 Sep 2014
Thank you for the wonderful review , hop you will be back .........
annaydieg...
Englewood, NJ
“gorgeous view of ocean from airy apartment”
Reviewed 5 September 2013 for a stay in August 2013
person found this review helpful

All in all, we enjoyed our stay at this apartment. We came home everyday to the most spectacular view of the ocean. The patio was nice to have a meal on and we slept with the patio doors open each night enjoying the sounds of the ocean. However, there were a few issues with the apartment. I stepped on two shards of glass in the entryway (luckily, I was able to pull them out so no major crisis), the master shower did not drain properly nor was it very clean. The super in the building did fix the drainage problem on our 2nd day there. In general, the place could have used a good cleaning prior to our stay. We loved the close proximity to the old city and the beach.

Liked best: the view
Liked least: cleanliness
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
4 Sep 2013
Hello Anna y Diego , thank you for the review of my apartment .......
Sorry to hear that the master shower didn't drain properly , it was reported to me the second day you arrived and i immediately informed the superintended , he told me that probably some sand from the beach was gone into the drainage ; in regard to the cleaning, i have a cleaning person that goes to the apartment before any new arrival , this is the first time i hear this from a guest and i apologize if the cleaning wasn't properly executed ,unfortunately i don't live in Cartagena but i will speak to the cleaning lady about this ; again i thank you for been great guests and i am happy to hear you enjoyed the apartment
Regards
Marisa
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
;