Casa India Catalina
USD 303
USD 169
Hilton.com
  • Pool
Hotel Dann Cartagena(Cartagena)(Great Value!)
USD 146
USD 132
  • Pool
Casa La Fe - a Kali Hotel(Cartagena)(Great Value!)
USD 127
Alfiz Hotel(Cartagena)
USD 156
USD 313
Hotel Caribe(Cartagena)(Great Value!)
USD 170
Hotel San Martin Cartagena(Cartagena)(Great Value!)
USD 66
USD 659
USD 429
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsold townwalled cityrice and beansindoor poolcentrally located hotelthe air conditioningregular hotelfourth floorstayed here for one nighthuge bedheat and humiditybuffet stylenice hotelold houseregular roomexcellent locationwifi signal
Reviewed 12 July 2017

I booked the hotel for two nights a couple months ago and went into my first room and started to unpack and out of the corner of my eye, I saw something move on the bed. Lo and behold, it was a bed bug which I killed. I lifted the sheets to look at the mattress seams and they were black with the telltale stains of bed bug feces. I immediately when downstairs and had the desk agent come up and look. He moved me to another room that was bed bug free, but this one had a small cockroach. I would have left the hotel entirely if it wasn't midnight. I slept fitfully and then in the morning I opened the closet door and saw the large parent cockroach hanging out. I used the WiFi and booked a different hotel on Hotwire. I tried out the breakfast (gross) and checked out early. This is one of those experiences where the rating is far better than my experience. I went home, washed all my clothes in hot water and steamed my suitcase just in case of insects. Fortunately, none hitched a ride with me.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank XCountryFlyer
Reviewed 19 June 2017 via mobile

Nice hotel in the middle of old town Cartagena.
The hotel was always clean and tidy, rooms are quite nice and very clean., but the fact that elevator is pretty rudimental make me rank it lower when you travel with family.
Staff is helpful but always limit their answer on what they can sell to you.

Breakfast is not good, they way they structure how to serve, is not comfortable and also quality of product in breakfast is not good, coffe is horrible.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Gonzalo R
Reviewed 6 June 2017

Despite booking a room for four nights months before my arrival and requesting a room on a lower floor, I was put in a room on the 4th (top) floor. When I requested a lower floor they said the hotel was full. There is a luggage lift but guests have to walk up the stairs. There was no way of communicating with reception from this room, so if I had a query I had to walk down 4 flights of stairs. There was no Internet reception in the room. Room 403 was an attic room with a skylight and there was no way of blocking out the early morning light.

The next morning another room did become available and I moved to 202. This room had a window and a tiny balcony. However even with the window closed the noise from nearby bars continued all night until 6am, which made sleep impossible. Just as the noise from the bars finished, the hotel staff started yelling to their colleagues from one floor to the other. The TV was very complicated and when I requested help from a staff member, they didn't know how it worked either. Then they decided that the remote control needed new batteries, but they couldn't replace them right away as they had none in stock and would have to send someone out to buy some!!!!

There was a small pool in the lobby/breakfast room, but I didn't see anyone using it. The breakfast was cakes and white bread and you had to walk through a dirty kitchen to get to the so-called buffet. None of the kitchen staff spoke any English so you were unable to ask for eggs or other items.

Most of the reception staff spoke very little English and Spanish speakers were attended to and English speakers largely ignored. They also had no knowledge of Cartagena and could not give you directions on where to go and what to see. They just handed you a map.

This hotel has great potential because of its central location.
But there did not appear to be any manager to oversee the day to day operations of this hotel. This was a classic case of an absentee owner and incompetent staff running a hotel with total indifference to guests needs.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 June 2017

The hotel is cute, it's small and the staff is nice. The rooms are on the smaller side but it didn't bother me since I did not use it other than for sleeping. The towels are a bit on the older side but clean. It was a king sized bed for 2 people which was nice. There is a dumbwaiter for luggage mainly. People can ride it later on in the night but we were fine walking up 4 flights of stairs. The air conditioning worked though getting the hot water to work was a little tricky as the hot water knob was loose. The location is great, near everything, and felt very safe. There is free breakfast too, which was ok. There is a water cooler which we used daily to fill up our water bottles. They lent us hotels for the beach. Wifi was a little spotty on the 4th floor.

Room Tip: Choose a higher floor for quiet rooms but be warned that you will need to climb stairs.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 May 2017

First room had internet problems that later were resolved. I asked for another. The second was an apparent "upgrade" but then, the air conditioning worked as a fan but no function otherwise. This in Cartagena with humid and hot weather conditions.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo