Open today: Closed
Review Highlights
Small but really informative

This museum was renovated a short while ago, it is not very big, it won’t take you lore than an... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Phenao
London, United Kingdom
via mobile
RosemaryO-G

Great museum. Very informative. Would definitely recommend it. I would suggest they also have the... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Rose74OG
Melbourne, Australia
via mobile

All reviews caribbean culture gabriel garcia marquez interactive museum atlantic coast brush up on your spanish great insight fifth floor coastal area a great deal few hours video museo region history music information audio
Reviewed 18 June 2017

This not as much a museum about the Caribbean as it as about two men who did not know each other but believed whatever they envisioned as real was thereby real. The noise Is a cacophony of audio exhibits what flash by so fast I found it difficult to follow at best and impossible at worst. Take ear plugs.

Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

I was surprised by this Museum. It doesn't seem like much but it does have very good displays and information about the Colombian Caribbean culture, on how it arose from a clash of cultures from Africa, Europe and American Indians. I very much enjoyed the videos on each indigenous tribe on this coast of the country. One of tour guides, Sergio, was really attentive and was well informed, he answered every single question I had. I highly recommend a visit to this Museum.

2  Thank nuwandabob
Reviewed 1 May 2017 via mobile

Went there with a few friends that are locals. We all learned a lot about Barranquilla, and the Caribbean area. The staff are very friendly and great tour guides.

Reviewed 8 April 2017 via mobile

The castles neatly kept and the area is beautiful. I'm not much on museums but I had to check it out I was not disappointed all the information translated both in English and Spanish gave me a great Insight on where we've come from since the Spanish invasion of Colombia

Reviewed 4 April 2017 via mobile

Impressed with this place, exellent museum to learn about the history and culture of Colombia, videos about different native tribes and musical rhythms are extraordinary.