All reviews international terminal free shuttle an early morning flight security check airline staff hour transit local calls breakfast starts standard amenities major road international standards next morning late arrival breakfast spread busy road chinese restaurant night's sleep
Reviewed 27 September 2018

Remember that google is blocked in China, I was trying to connect and the staff were puzzled why I couldn't read my e-mail, but they were as helpful as possible. Room was clean, quiet, and the breakfast was very good. If you don't mind dodging traffic, it is quicker to walk to and from the terminal than taking the shuttle bus.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 23 September 2018

Just returned from a four day stay in this hotel with my brother and it could not have been better. The location of the hotel is ideal, being just a short walk from the airport, although they do provide a courtesy transfer service, which works extremely efficiently. Our rooms on the 9th floor were large with excellent views out to the runways of the airport. All staff that we met in the hotel were friendly, yet professional and I would like to thank you all for making our first ever visit to Chengdu so enjoyable.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 20 September 2018

The hotel was generally good with a 25m pool and a fairly wide range of buffet options for both breakfast and dinner.

I would agree with other reviewers that a "garden view" room will be quieter than an "airport view" room. Traffic sounds and horn honking seem to go on all night in the vicinity of the airport.

Staff generally were friendly and helpful. However, because there seems to be a limited number of reception staff who speak good English, it is advisable to try to find someone who can confirm in detail the room pricing agreement.

My main caution for other visitors is to ensure that any price agreed on arrival is confirmed as being the full amount you will pay.
I had booked with Booking.com and my confirmation said that this price including a 15% service charge. On arrival, I agreed a price very close to the Booking.com amount. There was no suggestion that I would need to pay anything more.

However, on departure, the non-English speaking staff insisted that I pay a further 15% without being able to explain why. As I was in a hurry to catch an early morning shuttle to the airport, I did not have time to go through details of my confirmation from Booking.com and I doubt very much whether the receptionists on duty would have been able to understand anyway.

In conclusion, it's quite a well-appointed hotel, although not non-smoking as the TripAdvisor site seems to suggest. (To the contrary!)

Just be very clear about pricing arrangements, perhaps getting the hotel to confirm directly with you the full amount you will pay, before you arrive.

Room tip: Choose garden view rather than airport view
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 24 August 2018

Do not book this hotel unless you are completely sure you will arrive before 10 pm .. we flew from London to Shanghai then got connection to Chengdu arriving extremely tired after traveling for over 20 hours only to be told on arrival at this hotel that we had no booking ... The reception staff were completely unhelpful and even when we produced our email confirming our booking refused to help us .. When questioned by our Chinese speaking member of our family we were told that our 4 rooms were sold to walk ins after 10 PM The only person to try to help was the young concierge the reception staff were purely interested in air crew !!!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

As you come out from exit, you can see it. You may be tempted to walk. Do so if you do not have luggage. You have to cross major road. Staff very good. B'fast ok although Western choices limited. Rooms ok. comfortable.

Trip type: Travelled solo