All reviews business hotel chinese restaurant nice room business trip airport pickup would highly recommend this hotel hotel staff indoor pool the holiday inn lobby bar the executive lounge nice hotel walmart development metro english facilities
Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

It’s been a long time since I have been in China. This “international” hotel is painful if u r a true foreigner. Of which there r few here. Even the Indian bloke at the front desk looked like a shell shocked WWII prisoner when I spoke English to him. Asked him about finding a SIM card. Of course. He was 100% wrong.

Language. Well. U can guess. Staff r rudimentary English at best. Food is Chinese even at the Western buffet. Service consists of “find a staff”. They r clearly well trained at avoidance.

Plus side. U can drink Chinese wine and eat local noodles for 20USD.

Room looks nice. But heck. In China everything “looks” nice.

Crown Plaza whored it’s name out and this is what u get.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
SophieFanSF, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Chengdu West, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2018

Dear valued guest, thank you for staying with us at Crowne Plaza Chengdu West. We are so sorry that you did not have a pleasant stay here. For our receptionist, we will improve their spoken English and practice a lot with each other. For the Western buffet, the western food and drinks are also offered, probably it’s not very distinctive. Sure we will widen the selection. And we will improve their skill of communication in English. We are really sorry for the inconvenience and misunderstanding this has caused and hope we have been able to clarify. Hope you will visit us again.

Reviewed 6 September 2018

I have stayed in this hotel twice (May 2015 and June 2018) and both times my stay was perfect. I chose this hotel because I was in Chengdu for a business trip and, this place, was very close to my company. Rooms are very spacious, clean and comfortable. Room service was efficient and all the staff was available to satisfy all my needs. I also exploited several time the internal gym, which was not so big, but well equipped for a quick training (that t is what you need), when you are abroad for business. I had several times dinner at the main restaurant, as well, and buffet was every time rich and delicious. There, you can taste both typical Sichuan kitchen and international. If I had to find a weakness for this hotel, I just would say that it is rather far from Chengdu city center.... You need to do like 12 underground stops to get to Tianfu square.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business

Dear AdewBI, our lovely friend, thank you for choosing our hotel again. We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Looking forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 1 August 2018 via mobile

Every time I come to Chengdu I always stay here, one reason is for the proximity, the other: money wise is the best 5* deal in the area.

Additionally I have always been treated great by the stuff.

For example: I was urgently waiting for a courier package that was wrongly delivered.

To my surprise Mr Paul Zhang called the courier company (great since I don’t speak Chinese), went to pickup the package and brought it to me!!! Needless to say that I was extremely grateful.

Also, the buffet is great.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
SophieFanSF, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Chengdu West, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2018

Dear James, thank you for choosing our hotel once again, we are so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, and it's great pleasure to Paul for your recognised. Thank you for taking your time to share, Looking forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 16 July 2018 via mobile

This is my second trip Chengdu and as a work trip I am always put up in the same hotel. The crown plaza is a huge international hotel that offer a stay for both business and tourist alike. Now visiting this hotel for the second time as with future visits planned already I must say that it is extremely difficult at times with lithe language barrier and just general requests are often hard work. Examples include trying to order a coffee at breakfast, explaining that you want to book a taxi and even trying to gain access to the gym in unsocial hours (this requires an attendnet to open the door for you but when I asked the receptionist took my room key and just reactivates my room key ‍♂️). All in all this is a good hotel and the rooms are incredible spacious and comfy. I feel that with the influx of international businesss travellers passing through this hotel that the overal language should improve to become much more accommodating.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
SophieFanSF, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Chengdu West, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2018

Dear Fardellion, thank you for choosing our hotel again. It is a pity that you had a few concerns in-house. As to our oral English, we will surely put more efforts into it and thank you for your kind remind. Thank you for taking your time to share your valuable comments with us. Looking forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 7 July 2018 via mobile

Check in procrss wad quick and efficent. I have received a nice room wide and spacious .shower with big shower head. Regular selection of western tv channels.
Good gym and swimming pool. Breakfast is really good.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
SophieFanSF, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Chengdu West, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2018

Dear guest, thank you so much for your review of our hotel. We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Looking forward to seeing you again!