All reviews rooftop garden washing machine eye view the indoor swimming pool small kitchen nice apartment the hotel sits location is great the hotel staff games room close to the city center tianfu square different cities house keeping minutes walk away long term stay excellent place to stay
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Nice apartments with good views but the offer is still vague in my mind. We booked apartment for three persons and the sleeping was only available for two! Also they gave free breakfast for only one person! Clean place with facilities like kitchenette and wash machine. Sad part was the aircon never worked and Windows could not be opened. Take a fan from them. On positive, they allowed us to check out at 3pm.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Charmaine F, Manager at Somerset Riverview Chengdu, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2018

Dear guest,

Thank you for your comments. We sincerely apologized for the inconvenience caused. We highly appreciate your constructive feedback, we will revert your concern to relevant department and increase training to our staff . Thank you again for your reviews and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 26 January 2018

Very comfortable bed in a nice clean spacious room. We saw a notice about construction in the area but we found the room to be peaceful and quiet. We managed to get a good night's sleep. Location was perfect for us as we had business meetings in the area. It was easy to find nice restaurants within walking distance and there is a juice bar on the ground floor. The late check out given at 2pm was appreciated. The breakfast area and food could be a bit better.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking your time to share your reviews. We highly appreciate your constructive feedback, We will work harder to offer the best facilities, especially the personalized service and provide more pleasant stay during your next stay. Thank you again for your reviews and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 6 January 2018

I stayed here from 1st Jan to 5th Jan 2018. The room was clean and comfortable like other Somerset I stayed before in other countries. Most of the staff like doorman, reception and housekeeping ladies were great and made me feel very welcome. Well, except this one lady at the breakfast area. I assume she was the manager at the restaurant (with long curly hair, didn't get her name). She was very rude, scolding and yelling at the kitchen staff from the buffet area because the staff were talking too loud (believe me, they were not, coz I didn't even notice that until she started scolding them). This happened a couple of times when the guests were still dining and she even said to the staff in Chinese "Why do you have to be so loud?! If you want to be loud, I can be even louder than you!" And yes she did. I find this rather unprofessional and made me very uncomfortable. After this episode, at around 10:20am (breakfast was from 6 to 10am), while i was still finishing up my breakfast, she came to my table and simply took away all the dishes I was still having without even asking me for permission! She said to me "Breakfast is over, we need to prepare the table for lunch." I was left in shock. It was only 10:20am and there were a few other guests finishing up their breakfast as well. I know it was past breakfast time, but such rude treatment to hotel guests was really unnecessary and unheard of. I would have been understanding to hurry up my breakfast if she had politely reminded me, but no, no apologies, no reminders, just took my dishes away like that. This totally ruined my whole experience at the hotel. I've stayed at many Ascott hotels across the world and this is by far the most disappointing stay.

Room Tip: Beware of rude staff
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
4  Thank Chloe123_S321

Dear guest

Thank you very much for taking your time to share your reviews. We will work harder to offer the best facilities, especially the personalized service and provide more pleasant stay during your next stay. We highly appreciate your constructive feedback, and we will continue to improve our the breakfast experience.

Reviewed 22 December 2017

Overall we enjoyed our 4 day stay at the Somerset Riverview, Chengdu.
Check in was a little difficult, as all our bookings appeared to show we only has 1 breakfast provided per room, even though there were 2 persons listed on the booking.
The rooms are large, and very nice, decent facilities and Wi-Fi.

Breakfast is mostly local food, but there are some western options, and the chef will cook you an omelette or fried eggs too.

Staff are polite and speak a small amount of English to help.

Underneath the hotel there is a 7/11 store, a Subway Sandwich shop and a Coffee Shop.

Location is mixed. it is a bit of a walk to get anywhere of interest to a tourist, so taxis are required.
Bar St & the pretty bridge which is lit at night is about a 30 minutes walk along the river.
There a couple of local restaurants nearby - but be warned - sign language required! All good fun though.
Most nights we ate near the attractions.
The main square and tourist sights are at least 30 minutes walk away+ if you know where you are going, but you probably won't unless you know Chengdu.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback, and I am glad to hear that you have a pleasant stay in your apartment! I hope we can make you feel at home when we serve apartments in the Chengdu riverside. All the staff of the apartment are looking forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

We book a deluxe apartment with king size bedroom living room and kitchen but paying only 50% the cost for a five star hotel room . The kitchen has everything we need for dining and cooking . There are washing and drying machines with washing powder provided .
However there are no shopping centre and good restaurant nearby.luckily the metro is only a few minutes away so one can always travel one station to Tianfu Square .Their restaurant at level provide very basic meals . The chicken rice is probably the worse I have ever tried . It is better to go to the Maan Coffee next door if you need food nearby .
It is nice of them to provide free transport for sightseeing on every Saturday. The driver is good , the panda base is interesting . The jinsha archeological site is most educ

ational but the visit to Buddhist temple for four hours is a completely waste of time .

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Thank kai sang alexan... w