“Attentive service and large spacious, modern clean rooms”

Le Meridien Qingdao
Ranked #20 of 1,654 Hotels in Qingdao
New York, NY
“Attentive service and large spacious, modern clean rooms”
Reviewed 9 May 2012

Purpose of trip - business meeting

Checking in - There was a short line but within a few minutes, more staff approached the desk to check everyone in line so no wait. Check in was quick, very professional and the staff was familiar with all guest names (obvious they spend time beforehand preparing for guests checking on a given day). This is my first time staying here and she knew my name as soon as she saw my passport.

Room - very clean, modern, spacious. rain shower, bathtub, amenities of a 5 star hotel.

Less than 30 minutes by taxi from airport. Easy to find.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
ManagementLMandSI, Assistant to General Manager at Le Meridien Qingdao, responded to this review, 28 May 2012
Dear Reviewer, we are pleased we exceeded your expectations in terms of value and you enjoyed our luxurious facilities. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next business trip tp Qingdao and would encourge you to enquire about our Starwood Preferred Guest program to ensure you maximize your travel rewards. Be well.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 5 May 2012

Spent 2 nights here on a business trip. It was a nice break from the language barrier I am used to in China, since all staff members communicated very well in English. I agree that their internet was a little slow, but it did not prevent me from completing work (sending emails, etc.).
The rooms are simply fantastic (I stayed on the club level). The bathrooms in particular were outstanding with waterfall showers and tub. I could not find a flaw in the room if I had tried.
Room service was also great and showed up to my room on time with everything in order.
Quick checkout and shuttle to Qingdao airport made my trip complete. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Club level rooms highly recommended.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
LeMeridienQD, Admin. Assistant to General Manager at Le Meridien Qingdao, responded to this review, 9 May 2012
Dear Review, thank you for recognizing our personal,instinctive service and for recommending us to others. We are delighted you enjoyed a refreshing and peaceful stay. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next business trip to Qingdao and would encourage you to share with us your preference more to ensure we maximiza your travel. Be well.
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 March 2012

I stayed at the Le Meridian Qingdao for a one night business trip, during March 2012. I usually stay at the Shangri-La or Intercontental Hotels, as I've never had a problem with either. However, the Shangri-La is in parts a little dated, the food at the Intercontinental is poor, so I decided to try Le Meridian. I'm quite picky, but I can honestly say that the check in experience was one of the smoothest, (and certainly the quickest) that I've experienced in China. The staff were very pleasant, eager to help, and genuinely friendly. In fact, I travel extensively in China, and I often feel that the welcome at certain hotels is very cool and uncaring. This was the exact opposite, and very welcome too, as I was particularly tired after a long day. The room itself was great, and a little different to most you come across in terms of room design. I particularly likes the bright red lacquered cabinet that housed the mini-bar, and which sat beneath the television. It somehow enlivened the room. The furniture in general was a sort of pear-wood shade, and so the room was very lovely and bright during the daytime. I slept very well and the linens and bed comfort were top notch. Everything worked well, the room lighting was good, and in the daytime, the floor to ceiling window was nice. I sat and worked on a day bed by the window the following morning, although there was a proper desk. It was easy to connect to the hotels wifi, and the speed was adequate. My only criticism of the room is that it felt a lot hotter than the AC reading of 22C, and cooling just didn't work- I guess, as its still considered winter in China, the aircon only heats, and doesn't yet cool. Breakfast was great, a vast choice, good coffee, very good service, and I was even asked if the food quality was up to expectations. It was, and I left happy. Didn't have a chance to use any of the other facilities in the hotel, as this really was a flying visit. Check out was swift. I did find it odd, that I managed to walk across a huge lobby, and outside without one of the staff asking if I needed help with my luggage. I didn't, but it's nice to be asked. My only real gripe is that Le Meridian have obviously opted for a uniform that consists of an open necked shirt for men, and no tie. At times it made for a game of 'spot the staff'. I'd far rather see a uniform that immediately allows you to identify the hotel employees. Otherwise, near perfect.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
LeMeridienQD, Administrative Assistant to GM at Le Meridien Qingdao, responded to this review, 14 March 2012
Dear Review, we are delighted to recieved such a detail & honest feedback. And also pleased to provided a warm Le Meridien welcome for your Qingdao getaway. Thank you for recognizing our personal, instinctive service. Your positive comments have been shared with our team. We all lool forward to continuing to be your hotel of choice in Qingdao. Be well.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 27 November 2011

Received a huge upgraded room with interesting fun furnishings. Very pleased with it. Bathroom was very cool as well with view from tub to the city.

Breakfast good. Gym excellent.

Front desk service was slow, and co-worker had issues with bill accuracy, and argumentative staff members.

Location is not super central, but plenty of cabs, and attached to a shopping mall.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank djcn0te
LeMeridienQD, Manager at Le Meridien Qingdao, responded to this review, 12 December 2011
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Le Meridien Qingdao.

Thank you for having spent your valuable time to share your comments with us.

We are very glad that you like our facilities.

And we sincerely apologise for the shortcomings you experienced in our hotel. Please be rest-assured that we view your disappointment very seriously and we will train our staffs for the service sense and service skill frequently, have been taken to exceed your expectations on future visits to Le Meridien Qingdao.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back on future trips to Qingdao.

Warmest regards,
shanghai
Reviewed 11 November 2011

I've stayed at the le meridien here and in xiamen. The buildings themselves are very stylish and slightly offbeat but very appealing and with lovely rooms. The real let down for me was the internet connection which was very bad. I complained three times but they couldn't fix it and so I ended up going to starbucks next door to work. They told me that it was because there were other guests sharing the internet, which is a pretty lame thing to say. Well duh. If not for that issue, I would stay here again but I will move to a different hotel tomorrow. If you don't need internet in the room I recommend this place but it is not for me.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
Dear guest,

Greetings from Le Meridien Qingdao.

Thank you for having spent your valuable time to share your comments with us.

We sincerely apologise for the shortcomings you experienced in our hotel. Please be rest-assured that we view your disappointment very seriously and necessary steps, we have contacted the internet operator, they must resolve the problem for our hotel, have been taken to exceed your expectations on future visits to Le Meridien Qingdao.

Once again, we thank you for your valuable time and hope that the negative experience will not deter you from future visits to Le Meridien Qingdao.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back on future trips to Qingdao.

Warmest regards,