All reviews revolving restaurant italian restaurant top floor biscotti club floor comfortable rooms lively area nearby amenities highest level red wine early check floor restaurant room service nice hotel spring city superior room pleasant stay
Reviewed 26 July 2018 via mobile

It's amazing trip to us. Alex Si the Club manager really make a big surprise to me. He make free club benifits for me and girls in club are so helpful. We really have a amazing stay in Sofitel Jinan Club.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Sofitel Jinan S, Guest Relations Manager at Sofitel Jinan Silver Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2018

Dear ffloweng,

Thank you so much for staying in Sofitel Jinan Silver Plaza. Appreciate for your recognition of our staff. It is the best encouragement to us. I will share this with our team. To provide warm services are the mission for Sofitel Jinan Silver Plaza. We are looking forward to see you in hotel again.

Wish everything goes well for you.

Stella

Reviewed 20 July 2018 via mobile

Perfect service and good view here, everyone here are friendly& helpful . Club Millesime is really amazing place in hotel. Environment is wonderful,quite. Alex Si the club manager served me so happy like in family. Thanks for your help and cares.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Sofitel Jinan S, Guest Relations Manager at Sofitel Jinan Silver Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2018

Dear tommyzeit,

Appreciate for choosing Sofitel Silver Plaza. Club Millesime is openned to our Club Floor guests and let them enjoy private breakfast and Happy Hour services. It's glad to hear you enjoy the time there.

Your recognition will be passed to Alex and shared to our team. We will continuely provide the warmest services for our guests.

Best wishes to you and your family. Wish to see you in hotel again!

Stella

Reviewed 29 June 2018

Stayed there for two nights with my family for quick visit to Jinan. Overall the hotel was not too bad with a very good location although you can see the hotel's facility is a little bit outdated. The bed are very comfortable and I had a very nice sleep

However I do not think this hotel can be even better if the the attention paid to the software part:
1) When we checked in , we found the room allocated to us was not very clean with hairs in the sink and other ares. We spoke to the mgr and got a room upgrade and the manger we spoke to were quite helpful;

2) I did some work in the executive lounge but spotted twice the stuff using the bare hand to place the chocolate. Also the stuff serving the noodle bar in the breakfast were playing with their mobile while they were supposed to serve the customer. I made a complaint to F&B manager who seemed taking the matter very seriously.

3) Stuff lack of training a little bit especially the stuff working the lounge. For example , I asked to produce a room key and was told the stuff on duty is just a trainee who knows little about lounge facility. In my view, a trainee should not be placed in the executive lounge to serve the guest. However Alex I saw in the lounge was very helpful. He managed to process the check out in the executive lounge while another stuff said NO to me and he helped to get the basic medicine when my wife had a cut in her finger

Overall most of staff are very attentive and are trying to be helpful however you can tell some of them desperately need up to standard training.

I belive this hotel could be much better than now if the software part can been sorted out properly

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Sofitel Jinan S, Guest Relations Manager at Sofitel Jinan Silver Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2018

Dear Hawkdai007,

We appreciate for your comments, and also so sorry for not meeting some of your expections during your stay.

The room cleanness issue has be sent to our HSKP manager, and we will refresh the related standards to all roommates. We also emphasize the importance of hygiene to chefs and will give strict supervision in future. Staff training is our priority considering provide best services to guests. We will enhance trainings for all staff.

Thank you so much for recognize our staff's work. I will share this good comment to Alex and our team. also we thank you again for taking time to give us those comments, which are very important for improving our service.

We are looking forward to see you again in Sofitel Jinan Silver Plaza. All the best wishes for you.

Sincere,

Stell YU

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

Yes, Sofitel is an international chain and thus a tad generic. This one is worth your time, as it’s just two blocks from the main city square and has a revolving buffet restaurant on the top floor. Rooms, beds, and bath are fully Western and as comfortable as anywhere. Reception staff speak English, and even the restaurant staff are used to foreign visitors.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Sofitel Jinan S, Guest Relations Manager at Sofitel Jinan Silver Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2018

Dear spearshaker69:

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Sofitel Jinan Silver Plaza.

I will share your comments with our team. It is delighted know you are satisfied with our service and enjoy your stay so far! I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

We wish everything goes well for you, and hope to see you in Sofitel Jinan Silver Plaza again.

Stella Yu

Reviewed 6 June 2018 via mobile

I had the pleasure to spend a rather long period in the Sofitel Silver Plaza hotel in Jinan, and it was a unique experience.
The staff was really wonderful, starting from the general manager who himself was very available and friendly, as well as the reception workers that helped in any way when I needed.
The breakfast on the top floor was excellent, with a large variety of both Chinese and western food. Plus, the rotating panoramic restaurant let's you enjoy a splendid view when the weather allows it.
The second floor Italian restaurant named "Biscotti" was really good as the meals were prepared and served by very high qualified people.
I have used the indoor pool, the gym and traditional acupuncture service as well, and all of these facilities turns out to be very satisfactory.
The hotel itself is a bit dated as it was one of the first luxury hotels in Jinan but good maintenance keeps it in perfect shape.
I advise it to anyone traveling to the capital of the Shandong province.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Sofitel Jinan S, General Manager at Sofitel Jinan Silver Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2018

Dear Lale_traveller,

Thank you so much for staying with us, it gives us so much pleasure. Shandong Province is birth place of Confucius, as he once said: "How happy we are to have friends afar!", that gives very good explanation why the team here are friendly, because we are all friends. We are so happy as well to have such positive feedback from you. We are excited and looking forward for your future visit soon!

Regards,