All reviews international channels western food wifi china business shandong
Reviewed 20 November 2017

An otherwise nice hotel from a physical standpoint that has not kept up its housekeeping and maintenance standards.

In my room: blood (not mine) on bedsheets, dark moldy caulk and grout in shower, corners and edges of floors simply not cleaned apparently over a long period of time, if ever..

Breakfast buffet selection was fine, Like many establishments in China, coffee simply not very good....a must for most American travelers!

Strong suggestion for Jinan which is trying to increase its foreign and Western visitor presence...for customer service positions, hire English speakers for the front desk who speak understandable English, train customer service skills geared to the Western traveler (smiles & graciousness..."please and thank-you's" in these positions would be appreciated & expected , besides just performing your basic functions !)

Sleep quality very poor not because of the bed, which was good, but the centrally set steamingly hot room temperature. The individual thermostats in the rooms which were not adjustable....so many similar complaints from almost everyone in our group...told to open the window (which can be opened only a small degree.) A fan brought to the room was not much help. No notices, signs or announcements that the thermostats cannot be set by the guest .

Would not go back again.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Grand M, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Mercure Jinan Sunshine by ACCOR, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2017

Dear Guest,

Greeting from GrandMercure Jinan Sunshine!
Thank you for give us your experience in our hotel, I deeply regret that your visit to our hotel had turned out to be an unpleasant one and not meeting up with your expectations in the commitment and quality of service associated with our brand. Expressing my sincerest apologies can certainly not make up for your disappointment and I would like to share with you our high interest and dedication to examine thoroughly all your points of non satisfaction. I would appreciate if you could take the time to let me know more in details or your room number about the inconveniences you had to experience during your stay with us, so that I can share this with everyone here at the hotel concerned. Because we found that the photos you published in the website is not belongs to our hotel.
Your kind feedback would be highly appreciated and would help us to further improve our services and standards. Once again I give you my most deep apologies and thank you very much for your kind feedback and advice.

Reviewed 1 November 2017 via mobile

The hotel is a tall tower with good views.i was upgraded to suite which was well appointed. The restaurant offered excellent food but the wine was expensive. Had to keep my room windows open as the AC was centrally controlled. Breakfast was decent but as I often notice in China, western food is rather sweet.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 October 2017

Overall Good experience, i stay in this hotel for one week and it is good for business person, with fully equiped with all arrangement like wifi, phone calls, food is also of for Indians, location of hotel in mid of town.

Room Tip: All side view as OK
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 October 2016

If you don't want to spend a lot of money, and you don't mind to be a little bit far from shopping centres, this is a place for you.

Fast Wi-Fi, nice room, good service, good breakfast, OK dinner buffet with live music.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
Grand M, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Mercure Jinan Sunshine by ACCOR, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2016

Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Grand Mercure Jinan Sunshine.

It is always a pleasure to receive your feedback. I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Thank you again for sharing your experience , and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Best Regards.

Lavinia Fan
Guest Experience Manager
Grand Mercure Jinan Sunshine

Reviewed 9 August 2016 via mobile

Nice hotel with modern clean rooms.
My room had view over street with bridge and residental area and in the back mountains.

Frontdesk staf is very friendly and helpfull but nobody is speaking good English.

Breakfast in the hotel is incl. And with a lot of choice but missing the typical European breakfast with Bread and croissant etc.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
Grand M, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Mercure Jinan Sunshine by ACCOR, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2016

Dear Guest,

It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. I will share your comments with our team expecily the staff english level and the breakfast. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.