“Walk in the park”

Shenyang Zhongshan Park
Ranked #16 of 253 things to do in Shenyang
Reviewed 11 May 2017 via mobile

When the weather is on our side, it's nice to spend time outside, in a park. This park is pretty big. There are a lot of sculptures in the park which I found was quite nice. There's a section for kids to go on rides. There are a lot of elderly pupils. Some play games, some play their musical instruments, some dance, take a walk, sit and stare into space or simply just 'hang'.

Reviewed 18 October 2016 via mobile

Great little park in the heart of Shenyang. Lots of flora and fauna amongst the many walking paths. Many locals singing traditional Chinese music. There's even a quiet pagoda hidden on the hill in one corner of the park, it's not well marked and we almost walked right by the entrance to the path. The map app shows a zoo which turned out really to be a children's playground with a couple of monkeys in cages. A nice escape from the hustle and bustle of the streets nearby.

Reviewed 5 October 2016

A visit to any residential park in China is like viewing through a looking glass the culture of China and a visit to Zhongshan Park was specially an enjoyable time for me.
I had the luck of an October 1 visit. This day is China's “National Day”.. the founding of the People's Republic of China.
Colorful displays of flowers are everywhere, from one end of the park to the other. Families and friends, young & old, eating and talking, enjoying life, a mass of happy & harmonious humanity, very typical of China.
I began my walk via the east entrance. In retrospect, I do not think I ever looked at my watch the time I spent in the park. I stayed busy exploring and partaking in the fun. People are friendly! I exited the park at the West entrance at Nanjing St.

As I walked a few blocks to the north on Nanjing St., in the distance was the statue of Chairman Mao in Zhongshan Square. The walk is easily doable if you so desire to see the square. The fun part for me was navigating the ebb & flow of traffic on the massive roundabout to get to the center of the square.

FYI: the pics are taken at a wide- angle lens set at 18mm.

Reviewed 6 August 2016

You don't need to visit this park you are better of going to Nan Hu, Hun He or Beiling Park which are bigger and have more to offer.