“A great day!”

Shenyang Zhongshan Park
Ranked #15 of 259 things to do in Shenyang
Reviewed 5 October 2016

A visit to any residential park in China is like viewing through a looking glass the culture of China and a visit to Zhongshan Park was specially an enjoyable time for me.
I had the luck of an October 1 visit. This day is China's “National Day”.. the founding of the People's Republic of China.
Colorful displays of flowers are everywhere, from one end of the park to the other. Families and friends, young & old, eating and talking, enjoying life, a mass of happy & harmonious humanity, very typical of China.
I began my walk via the east entrance. In retrospect, I do not think I ever looked at my watch the time I spent in the park. I stayed busy exploring and partaking in the fun. People are friendly! I exited the park at the West entrance at Nanjing St.

As I walked a few blocks to the north on Nanjing St., in the distance was the statue of Chairman Mao in Zhongshan Square. The walk is easily doable if you so desire to see the square. The fun part for me was navigating the ebb & flow of traffic on the massive roundabout to get to the center of the square.

FYI: the pics are taken at a wide- angle lens set at 18mm.

Reviewed 6 August 2016

You don't need to visit this park you are better of going to Nan Hu, Hun He or Beiling Park which are bigger and have more to offer.

Reviewed 1 May 2016

Nice park.
It's not in the downtown, but it is very beautifull
If you have been in Beiling park, is the same. But in a hill

Reviewed 28 March 2016

if the sun shines, just have a break. Interesting to see how chinese people dance, make music or sing.