All reviews mins taxi non smoking one night train station buffet breakfast five star hotel twin room local food business trip great hotel shopping mall swimming pool english facilities sheraton rule china
Reviewed 21 June 2018

On arrival no porters to assist with luggage hence one of our bags was left n the taxi, we had to put up a scene to get them to react in assisting us to get hold of the taxi company to return our bag. This was eventually done through the manager Paolo. The rooms were far below the standard which was advertised and had a bad smell. When we complained they "upgraded" us to another room which was identical and even smelt the same. The restaurant is only open for a limited time which for a "5 star" hotel was not acceptable seeing there were no other eating facilities in the hotel.
We booked out a day early and went to the Intercontinental hotel which is a true "5 star" hotel.

Room tip: Don't bother
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
General_Manager_Wuxi, 经理 at Grand Park Wuxi, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2018

Thank you for choosing Grand Park Wuxi. We are so apologized for the inconvenience take to you during your stay. We will improve our service and remain committed to creating exceptional experiences for all our guests. Best wishes for you!

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

Hate to do this because the staff at this hotel were very nice, but I really disliked this hotel. Room was just ok. Bathroom had mould. Room stunk of stale smoke so had trouble getting to sleep. The buffet breakfast was terrible.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

Initially getting stuck in the lift for 20 mins did not fair me well after a flight. Room was clean apart from the bathroom floor which wasn’t very nice around the toilet. The room has no curtains to block out light. Not that that mattered as I was woken by hotel staff at 8:30 Sunday morning to clean my room!!!! Breakfast wasn’t very appealing staff didn’t clean up when serving so it was a mess and not inviting at all. No milk for coffee and no sugar at the table. After searching for a knife and fork to eat my hard rubbery eggs on toast I left hungry. The fruit at the bottom of the serving dish wasn’t very nice so I left the dinning room and went out for breakfast.

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank 13claire13

Reviewed 8 June 2018

Although I used the hotel mostly for sleeping only and did not use much of their services, I found no problems with this hotel. The only concern I would have had is from the check-in staff. The clerk did not smile or really make me feel welcomed. With that said, he did his job quickly and efficiently. The room was very clean. The bed was very comfortable. And, the room had all of the basic amenities one would expect from such a hotel. Location was perfect for my needs, with many stores and restaurants nearby.

It is a non-smoking hotel, but the rule appears to be more of a suggestion. As a smoker, I try to be considerate of such things and limited my habit to window smoking when needed.

I noticed that the pool was closed for nearly two weeks for "cleaning". This should have been noted in the various online sites that you can book from. It did not affect my stay, but I could see this being a problem for families.

When I return to Wuxi in the future, I will come back to this hotel. There are better rated hotels in the city with a similar price. But, now that I found one that is acceptable for my purposes, I expect to frequent the hotel again.

This hotel is not a four or a five star hotel by any means. It is a typical Chinese mid-ranged hotel that is comfortable and in a good location. With so many restaurants in the area, why pay so much money for a breakfast, when you can walk down the street to get a cheaper meal. That would be my only suggestion.

Room tip: I requested a corner room on a higher floor and got it.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Nashboroguy

Thank you for choosing Grand Park Wuxi. Your recognition is our greatest asset! We will improve our service. We look forward to having another privilege of welcoming you back again in the near future. Best wishes for you and your family!

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel with my wife for just one night while visiting Wixi with a tour (group). The hotel was clean, comfortable and nicely decorated. The personnel was extremely nice, polite and proactive. A huge advantage of this hotel is that it’s very conveniently located in the heart of the city and you can just go out for a walk, visit a shopping mall, designer’s boutiques or choose from multiple local food restaurants.

Date of stay: April 2018