All reviews kempinski hotel paulaner bar business trip river view breakfast buffet nice park hotel bar large room the hotel offers comfortable stay german china colleague dryer gym
Reviewed 23 August 2018 via mobile

Good river view from our room especially at night and the room is quite spacious with 2 bed and plenty room for a cot and all the luggage.
Unfortunately, the room is poorly sound proofed could hear loud and clear of the guest next door. Lukily they didn't talk too much late into the night.
Aircon has bottoms to set up temperature but didn't seem to work very well.
Separate bath and shower room which are big nice and clean.
Didn't try any of the food as you can take short taxi trips to get some authentic local food nearby.
Overall, a nice hotel with friendly staff.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Chloe C, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Wuxi City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2018

Dear beachgoer1000,

Thank you for staying with us at Crowne Plaza Wuxi City Center and sharing your experience with us. We are very happy to read that you are satisfied with the room view, separated shower room and friendly associates. Hotel is conveniently located in the city center, within walking distance or short driving trip, you can go to shopping malls, business district and local tourists attractions. Meanwhile, your comments about the aircon has been passed to Chief Engineer. We will check the room situation and insure comfortable staying temperature for our guests.
We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Wuxi!
Crowne Plaza Wuxi City Center Management Team

Reviewed 12 July 2018

Hotel a bit aged. Rooms size is convienient. Most of the staff is friendly.
Rooms are badly soundproofed. you can hear your neightbours loud and clearly.
Pool and gym area. Sometimes rude and loud Chinese guests, visitors with kids occcupying the devices. Gym staff don't care and don't tell these guests to behave. Gym nothing special, missing dumbells, devices sometimes defect and remaining weeks unrepaired. Hot and wet climate in the gym.
Breakfast average, less choise for vegetarians, not various. Expect at weekend crowds of chinese guests, behaving somehow rude and quite loud during breakfast.
The hotel offers a lounge. The food there is quite stange with less choises, especially for vegetarians. They put remainng meat from the day before in every dishes. Food will be removed at 8pm. Lounge closes at 9pm, a bit early.
The aircon can only switched on or off. So you might sitting in a cold thunderstorm.
Prices in the hotel bar not acceptable.
Location actually good, close to a nice park and about 500m to the mall.

Date of stay: July 2018
1  Thank GarryWombats
Chloe C, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Wuxi City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2018

Dear Gegaud,
Greeting from Crowne plaza Wuxi City Center!
Thank you very much for staying with us and posting a review about your experience at our hotel. We are very glad that you are satisfied with our friendly service.
We also would like to apologize for not meeting all your expectations, and we are sorry that the poor soundproof of the room has affected your rest. About the gym, we will further maintain the equipment and air system to carry out higher service standard. Currently, we have extended the opening time of gym room to 24 hours only for our in-house guests. Whenever you would like to take exercise, it is accessible by swiping your keycard.
When it comes to the food options during breakfast and in lounge, your comments mean a lot for us to improve. Our chef will regularly update the menu and offer more varieties, especially for vegetarians.
Looking forward to welcoming you back and serve you again in the near future.
Yours sincerely,
Crowne Plaza Wuxi City Center Management Team

Reviewed 6 June 2018

This was the first of 3 hotels I stayed at during my week in China. Check in was efficient. When I got to my floor I noticed a weird odor in the halls that lasted through the trip. Luckily it didn't go into the room. Unfortunately room was quite hot whenever I entered it because of the room power being off when not in the room. It would take quite some time to cool down, and then it seemed like during the night it would stop cooling. And I don't think it ever got to the temperature I set it at. Bed was harder than I like - passed out first night after long travel, but was hard to sleep second night. Bathroom was well appointed, although a little dark for my taste. I did not like the glass shower looking into the room. The frosted glass appeared dirty, I'm sure it wasn't, but it looked like it. Enjoyed the breakfast offerings and service, although was quite confused about the "express check out breakfast" mentioned on my key card. No one seemed to know what this was. Front desk said I had to go to restaurant on (I think?) the fourth floor. they stored my bag, but just returned it to me when done. I still had to go to front desk to check out. I don't know if this was a language barrier issue or what, but I was confused. I didn't try the other restaurants in the hotel. My first night walked about 10 minutes to a nearby mall, through a lovely park, and ate there. Did not seem to be anything outside the hotel closer than that. If I needed to stay here again I would, but I'd probably prefer to check out the nearby Intercontinental instead.

Date of stay: May 2018
1  Thank Shelley S
Reviewed 4 June 2018

This is a beautiful hotel in a great location.. The rooms were large with nice furnishings. The view was gourgous from the 22 floor. The bathroom fully equipped with towels, shampoo, soap and a blow hair dryer. I would recommend this hotel. The breakfast buffet was yummy.

Date of stay: November 2017
Reviewed 28 April 2018

fabulous and fantastic. very spacious rooms, conformable beds, very good staff, royal breakfast.. need to say more ???
stayed during a business trip and enjoyed the stay, hotel has very nice room with beautiful city view especially the night view is wonderful.

Date of stay: April 2018
1  Thank roopeshk
Allenwang1, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Wuxi City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2018

Dear honour guest,
Greetings from Growne Plaza Wuxi City Center!
Thank you very much for staying with us and posting a favourable review about your experience at our hotel .we are very happy to read that you are very satisfied with our confortable beds and service,especially wonderful night view of our hotel .We also very glad that you have a pleasant and enjoyable time in our hotel.
We lookforward to welcome you again, and remain with very best regards.
Public Relations Manager