“Another reason to stay here”

Grand Metropark Hotel Suzhou
Ranked #22 of 1,478 Hotels in Suzhou
Reviewed 8 May 2017 via mobile

I often stay here while in Suzhou on business and today, the staff again went out of their way to support this American traveler. Tonight I wanted pizza and discovered a Papa Johns pizza shop was a few miles away. I tried to go on their website to order, but they wanted me to create an account, blah, blah, blah. Tooooo much of a haste, so I went to the lobby for assistance. They helped me place my order and within 25 minutes my pizza was here. The staff at this hotel always go out of their way tot be sure I am satisfied. Thank you Grand Metropark Hotel.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 19 April 2017 via mobile

We spent 1 night as part of our tour package on April 11. The rooms were great. It is like a mini suite and very clean and modern. The bed was very firm(hard) which I preferred. The breakfast was good both western and Asian style. We arrived late and left very early.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 April 2017

This was my second hotel on my trip to China, The location is not to far from the ceter of attractios, 29 RMB by Taxi. You must request your room with view to the lake. The room was like an efficince with cooking facilities and even a a cloth washer.I had the 26 floor room and the view was excellent, it would have been better to have a view of the city rather tahn the industrial area. The beds were really hard, but you can survive I had a good night rest. Breakfast was Ok, coffee was rather strong and very acidic... I consider the food to be according to a 3 star Hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with view to front of building.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 March 2017

The hotel was well located, well appointed and the rooms were large (with big windows). The beds were very hard but the duvets were silk (appropriate for the region). Stayed with a tour group. There is a retail complex next door which is also very convenient with an ATM (the ATM right in front of the hotel doesn't work for international banking - beware it eats the cards... you need to go to the retail complex).
Very nice restaurant - great selection on the breakfast buffet.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 March 2017 via mobile

Located in the industrial side of Suzhou, it is a nice spacious hotel in the city. The room was large with a mini living room. There's really not a view of the city since it's located in the industrial area of Suzhou. The hotel has a couple of restaurants and their dinner buffet was good. I would recommend their hotpot dinner. Included in your stay is the buffet breakfast. This was the highlight of the stay. They really have a good selection of breakfast items from light to heavy. We stayed at four different hotels in China during our visit and the hotel's breakfast was the best of the four.

The bad part: The bed was hard as a rock! It felt like I was sleeping on a box frame with a thin layer of foam.

I would consider the location if you are looking for hotels that is close by the city.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Travellers also viewed these Suzhou hotels
4.5 km away
Pan Pacific Suzhou
#11 of 1,478 in Suzhou
1.1 km away
Howard Johnson All Suites Hotel Suzhou

Been to Grand Metropark Hotel Suzhou? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Grand Metropark Hotel Suzhou

Address: No.1355 Jinjihu Avenue, Suzhou Industrial Park, Suzhou 215021, China
Region: China > Jiangsu > Suzhou
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Restaurant Room Service Suites Swimming Pool
Ranked #22 of 1,478 Hotels in Suzhou
Price Range: $104 - $154 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:4 star — Grand Metropark Hotel Suzhou 4*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Wotif.com, Evoline ltd, Ctrip TA, Expedia APAC, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Grand Metropark Hotel Suzhou reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.