“super food”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic
Good for: Romantic
Reviewed 7 May 2013

The food was superb, but it was very quiet the night we went and the restaurant was a bit lacking in atmosphere - it was a rainy night and very quiet, This was not the fault of the staff, who gave excellent and friendly service throughout. However, it was good value for money (340 rmb for 2 including drinks) and I strongly recommend it.

1  Thank triciaemptage

Reviewed 24 April 2013 via mobile

This place looks nice but it has little flies, the bathroom smells strongly of stale cigars, they were out of at least four things we tried to order including orange juice and two kinds of beer, and the service is slow. I have been here twice. The first time the pizza was really good, but the second time, not so much. They don't know that onion soup is supposed to have crunchy bread floated on top, and this time there was half as much soup as last time. It feels like the owner is disinterested and the waitresses are trying hard to make up for that. I don't have confidence that good health practices are being used in the kitchen. The amuse bouche of quiche had a crust that was so tough, it was even hard to cut with a knife. If someone cared (and deodorized the bathrooms) this place could be great. As it is, I won't be going back.

Reviewed 20 April 2013

On my recent business trip to Suzhou, my colleagues found this restaurant on tripadvisor, and we decided to try it, as it was located relatively close to our hotel (Marriott).

First evening we were there was the best experience for our entire travel, the food was excellent and the setting of the restaurant and the service was all you could wish. They do not have any wine card, but you can go and select a wine, from a relatively but good selection. Most of us tried the 4 course menu with some selections and everybody was very happy with their choices. At the end we tried an ice wine with some fantastic dessert choices. This entire evening was 5 stars out of 5.

Because off this great experience, we decided to go back one week later, but it was like a different restaurant. From the first night I remembered the starter of Tuna/Advocado tartar was so good that I wanted to try it again. This was sold out, so I selected Chicken salad, but later found out, that the chicken salad was without any chicken. Could be a bird flu issue, but why wasn't I told? Then later when we wanted to redo the dessert experience, we were told that dessert were sold out! NO desserts available at all. As an explanation, we were told that the chef was not in, only assistant, ad he did not know how to do desserts!!!

This was a big chock to me, and I find as cheating customers - how can we be sure, what to expect, if the chef is only there sometimes?

I highly recommend people to call in and ask if the Chef is there or not, if he is not, choose something else....on the other hand, if he is there, hurry over there, it will be great!

Reviewed 17 February 2013 via mobile

The place is cozy and really well designed with different kind of seats and table. There is also a small private room for 4/6 people top.
Service is accurate and professional.
Food is well presented and the menu present a various kind of appetizers and main courses.
Portion are not very big, but the not expensive price justifies this.
Strongly suggested for anybody is coming to Suzhou.

Reviewed 25 November 2012

My partner and I went to Champ de Ble for dinner and thoroughly enjoyed our meal. The setting is very simple and appealing. Fresh roses and candles on tables made it very romantic and pleasant. The appetizers were delicious. We shared the salmon salad and Ahi Tuna avocado salad. Both were artisticly presented and DELICIOUS! Our mains include lobster spaghetti, which included 1/2 of a small lobster and Wagyu beef tenderloin. Both were excellent and tasty. Desserts of chocolate pie and ice cream were good. The chef Yamamoto was great and our waitress Eva was very attentive. Overall, we LOVED our meal and left very satisfied. Next time we're in Suzhou we will definitely eat here.

2  Thank sunshine36NewDelhi