“An interesting place to know about the history of silk in Suzhou”
Review of Suzhou Silk Museum

Suzhou Silk Museum
Book In Advance
More Info
USD 98.00*
and up
Private Day Tour: Suzhou Gardens and Silk Museum...
Ranked #19 of 356 things to do in Suzhou
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We went there not expecting too much but spent 2 hours there with great interest. It's a little gem to know the history of silk and the development of Suzhou as an important silk-fabric manufacturing centre in China. This place is easily accessible by metro which is just opposite the road. Worth coming for a visit..

1  Thank Dorothy C
in 32 reviews
"weaving"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

We arrived to be greeted by a lady who took us on the tour, we saw how the eggs turn to a larvae and then spins a cocoon in silk thread the farmers then heats up the cocoon to kill the grub before it starts to eat it’s way outta turn into moth. Every cocoon gives approximately 1 klm of silk thread. You then visit the factory to see how they spin the silk as it starts off as thin as a spiders web.

Reviewed 13 March 2018

I would like to have seen more of the manufacturing aspect but we were given a short demonstration and an interesting talk. The sales staff here were not high pressure, unlike the pearl and jade factories.

Reviewed 16 December 2017

This was part of our shopping tour. Some brief history of the silk worm but this is geared more to actual selling of what seem overpriced items. Still not a bad experience but not something I would do again.