“Amazing Barbecue!”

Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Chinese
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 29 May 2017

Last night, I took my daughter and son in law to experience Zax. I've been gone from China for quite sometime and just returned. I remember Zax being great. But, not this great. Zax and Teresa have built an amazing, thriving and very excellent business here that serves some of the best barbecue you'll ever eat. I'm from Texas and I know good barbecue. Zax's isn't just good. It is great! Not only do I recommend it. If you're in Zhengzhou, you must visit this place. You'll be amazed!

3  Thank MurphyTex903

Reviewed 15 May 2017 via mobile

From the first Canadian thanksgiving party I attended, to the late night beer pong tournaments and impromptu flip cup battles, and just the everyday hangout zax is a home away from home. Zack and Dave are great owners who are friendly and welcoming, making everyone at ease and serving up a taste of American barbecue with a frosty beer and a witty joke.

2  Thank bean802
Reviewed 25 April 2017

Great food! True American Style! Awesome staff. Probably the best pulled pork burgers I've ever had. Great COLD beer (a rarity in China). If you are in Zhengzhou definitely a place to go. On Friday/Saturday nights live (western) music on the top floor. Thank God we found this place <3

2  Thank Momothebest14291
Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

Great BBQ ever in Zhengzhou. Looking for a fun western place at night Zax's. Drinks are great from beers to cocktails I'd not complain

2  Thank Savebird
Reviewed 16 March 2017

i just moved here from the states. and my first 2 months left me missing home. Once i found zax BBQ the longing for home ended. My grandmother used to make great southern style BBQ and i can say with out a doubt zax BBQ is just how how grandma used to make. The staff is friendly the owners are always there and always have time to chit chat with ya. If your looking for a great cocktail go to the bar and talk to Howard he is a fantastic bartender. If anyone remembers the show "Cheers" thats what zax reminds me of the place you go to relax have a good meal or drink and "everyone knows your name." if you are just passing through or decide to make zhengzhou your home for a while, zax is a real special treat.

3  Thank t0fun0fu

Been to ZAX BBQ? Share your experiences!