1,210 results
All reviewssunset barmo sanyayi yangbuggy servicefresh restaurantnoodle barchinese restaurantpool pavilionnoodlessouth china seaoysterspalm treesocean view roomresort is beautifulkids clublarge poolf b
Reviewed 5 June 2018

A luxury hotel in Sanya . With very good service and good quality of food . Very friendly to kids and we like the swimming pool very much . Best breakfast in Sanya’s hotel . Hotel is very nearby the downtown, you can also go around the city .

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
MOSanya, Director of Communications at Mandarin Oriental, Sanya, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2018

Dear Leeko79,

Thank you very much for taking time to share your experiences on your recent stay with us.

We are encouraged that you liked the dining and accommodation of our hotel and that you enjoyed the service our colleagues extended to you.

Feedback such as yours is always very motivating and a great encouragement in our aim to delight and satisfy our guest. We look forward to having the opportunity to be of service to you and your family again when you back to Sanya in the near future.

Best regards,

Belinda Chen

Reviewed 30 May 2018

Stayed here for a weekend getaway - and loved it! My flight was late and so i ended up checking in late. But staff were waiting for me, check in was a pleasure, and the bars were open late so i could unwind and begin to relax.

My room had a sea view and a huge balcony with double bed and very large bath - On the Balcony!! Main room had his and hers sinks, large shower and comfy bed. The complex has been designed to be aesthetically pleasing to the eye and it was a real pleasure to be there. Pools were excellent, breakfast was plentiful. Staff were amazing.

I really didn't want to leave.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo

Dear CafeHog,

Thank you very much for sharing your recent stay with us.

We are delighted to learn that you had a memorable experience at Mandarin Oriental Sanya.

Thank you again and look forward to welcoming you back to Sanya!

Best regards,

Belinda Chen

Reviewed 18 May 2018 via mobile

The check in was very easy and pleasant bc of Nat who worked with us was extremely helpful and friendly. He provided us the best options and lots of helpful information about the hotel. We were staying 6 nights in the room 0118.

The breakfast buffet was very nice, even though we were told the AC was down recently. If you can’t find a table under the ceiling fan, then it might affect the experience during breakfast. The service at the Pavilion was excellent tho, Cathy was always so attentive and thoughtful, made us feel at home even when we were on a vacay. She even remembered our dining and beverage preferences.

Room was almost always cleaned properly and efficiently. Only one night the night shift staff told us she can’t clean the room since we were in the room and her shift was ending, which we found a little confusing and weird.

The management at the pool was rather mediocre to poor. There was a four or five year old kid peeing right by our beach chair and even though the staff was trying to stop him, the family told him to do it anyways. Nobody came to clean it up so we had to moved to another pool. When I asked why he can’t deal with it better, he said he can’t control what the customer was doing. I asked another girl who worked there, and she said she doesn’t have anything to do with it. They even find us in another pool and told me they didn’t say what they said, and I shouldn’t complain. Later on, a manager who’s last name was Li, called us and told us have to understand a kid needs to pee at that age and they can’t solve a problem between customers. We told the manager we had no personal relationship or problem with the kid’s family but the staff at the pool provided very inappropriate service that’s all. He called us later on and apologized for it. We still felt odd about how they deal with the situation, but we let it go bc Manager Li apologized and acknowledged they need to improve their training on this matter. Besides, other departments’ service totally made up for it.

It was my mom’s birthday trip, and the hotel did help us celebrate the day. We had a great time in the seaside restaurant called Fresh. They even delivered a tasty cheesecake and decorated the room, which was so nice and memorable.

We thank Cathy, Nat for the excellent service. We still recommend this resort to anybody who wants a quiet and upscale resort experience in Sanya.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 May 2018

The overall quality of the hotel was good, but we had such a disappointing experience in its restaurant (The Fresh) that it simply spoilt our overall impression. I had my most expensive dinner in China so far (and I live in Beijing, where I am used to go to some of the city`s best restaurants) but simply could not eat the fish they served us: it`s quality was substandard, it was poorly made, and I believe not one of the cheap seafood stands in Sanya would dare to serve a product like this. We raised the question to the waiter and to the frontdesk, but no measure was taken. If you are willing to pay for a ridiculously overpriced meal on a place where you can take Instagram pictures, this place may suit you. If not, you can find many other hotels in Sanya with better prices and more honest service. The wine list was also poor and overpriced.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
MOSanya, Director of Communications at Mandarin Oriental, Sanya, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2018

Dear Eduardo_Fl_Sl,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and valuable feedback following your recent stay at Mandarin Oriental, Sanya.

Whilst I was pleased that some aspects of your stay with us were enjoyable, it was disappointing that we failed to deliver our usual high standards of service during your stay and that we failed to take appropriate measures to fully recover the service shortfalls you experienced, for which please accept my most sincere apologies.

Rest assured that I will share your remarks with the management team to ensure that in future we are able to provide the attention to detail, service and professional courtesy one would expect of a Mandarin Oriental hotel. Needless to say, I am grateful to you for taking the time to share your observations, which has allowed us the opportunity to review and continue to improve upon the standards of service extended to all our guests.

I would welcome the opportunity to restore your confidence in our resort and hope we may look forward to welcoming you back to Mandarin Oriental, Sanya in future in order to do so; please contact me directly when you make your next reservation so that I may personally handle the arrangements.

With kind regards,
Nicole Li

Reviewed 8 April 2018

The watermelon mojito and sunset martini from the sunset bar is defiantly a must in Sanya. The bar was quiet and peaceful and the staff were friendly and attentive. Would recommend to anyone who wants to enjoy a relaxing drink in the sun.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Matt J
MOSanya, Director of Communications at Mandarin Oriental, Sanya, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Dear Matt J,
Thank you for your kind and delightful review, which I have shared with the entire team who are thrilled that you took away such fond memories of your recent stay.
I hope we may look forward to welcoming you back to Mandarin Oriental, Sanya whenever you feel the need to escape city living and please do let me know if you would like the recipe for the watermelon mojito and sunset martini.

Kind regards,