All reviewsbutler servicesocial restaurantdrawing roomdriftwood restauranthead butlermini theatrespecial thankschinese restaurantyalong bayplatinum memberwest wingbouncy castlewear and tearother hotelsan enjoyable stayheated poolchecking out
Reviewed 2 September 2016

My first trip in Sanya, although it was a bit short, only stayed for the weekend, my hotel experience was one of the best. St. Regis represent luxury and personal touch with their signature butler service. This is not necessary true with my past encounter with other St. Regis around the world. However, St. Regis Sanya Yalong Bay really delivered the personal touch in many different aspects.

My experience began before I took off. I received a call from Maria the day before my departure . Her intention was to confirm my time of arrival and if I need other special arrangement. She was very detail oriented,from making dinner reservation to travel plan. She also picked the perfect time to call...around 630pm, after work and before dinner...Once arrived, she was right there at the lobby waiting to help out. To my pleasant surprise, Mr. Andreas Trauttmansdorff, the hotel GM was also there. I had a chance to meet Andreas when he was the GM at the Shanghai Westin. He is also part of the reason why I picked St. Regis instead of other hotel. My reason hold true because most of the staffs here are very professional and well trained.

Since I arrived a bit early at 11ish. My suite wasn't ready and they were kind enough to arrange another room for me to settle down. This allow me to relax, enjoy my lunch and hit the pool to cool off. The swimming pool is fantastic with great size and depth. It was built right above the beach, such an amazing view. Not long after, Maria called and my room is ready. She helped me with getting to one room to another and get everything sort out.

My Room was spacious, ocean view, luxurious but a little wear and tear in some area. Overall, room was great. The sun bed is so cool...

The key thing I praise about this hotel is most of the staffs are very polite and well train From the moment you arrive the hotel, they will be ready. Thank you Andreas and Maria for looking after. Will definitely go back in the near future.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ktsuen
St_Regis_Sanya, General Manager at The St. Regis Sanya Yalong Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2016

Dear 'ktsuen',

Thank you so much for your kind review and for recognizing our team and on a personal level, it was great catching up. A tremendous amount of time and effort goes into training and naturally am delighted when this effort receives recognition. I am delighted that you both enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you back again soon. Naturally, if there is anything I can do to assist in any of your travel plans, do not hesitate to reach out to me.

Sincerely

Reviewed 4 July 2016

Arrived Sanya Airport in night time and grabbed a taxi right at the exit of the arrival hall. It took about 40 mins (RMB 130) to get to the hotel.
It is located at the end of the street where lots of other nice hotels are located alongside.
We were amazed by the first sight of the hotel lobby - spacious, grand and luxurious.
Then we were welcomes with friendly and helpful staff at the Front Desk with sweet smile. Afterwards we are led to our room with the Butler who introduced the hotel facilities along our way.
We stayed in their Premium Ocean Room and we were so 'WOW-ed' by how spacious the room it is with a lovely balcony facing right at the ocean.
I particularly LOVEEEEE their bathroom since they have 2 sinks, a spacious shower place with TV on the wall and huge bath tub (also facing the ocean).
Everything in the minibar is complimentary.
Room Service and House Keeping responded promptly with professional manner.
Breakfast was amazing with wide range of choices.
Went to their private beach for sunbathing and then enjoyed swimming in one of their pools with glass wall on one side.
Finally we are allowed to check-out at 2pm.
Overall I am really impressed by how friendly and helpful the staff are.
I think this is a really high quality hotel which is definitely worth going in Yalong Bay area.

P.S. I am lucky enough to visit their 2-Bedroom Royal Villa - seriously if you are going with another couple or a whole family with senior and kids - this is definitely your choice! It has its own kitchen, swimming pool, 2 separated bedrooms with bathrooms, spacious living room and dining room. You may get a good deal if you are going in their low season!

Room Tip: If not a villa, premium ocean view room will be your pick!
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
St_Regis_Sanya, General Manager at The St. Regis Sanya Yalong Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2016

Dear 'Gloson',

Many thanks for having selected us for your deserved break in Sanya and thank you for having taken the time to post such a detailed review, we hope that you had a pleasant return journey. I am thrilled to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you very much about all your kind compliments about our hotel design, spacious rooms and facilities, breakfsast, the transparent swimming pool, staff and etc. Indeed the 73sqm rooms at St Regis are the largest in Yalong Bay – and the comfort and quality is frequently commented on by our guests. Thank you for your warm words.

In closing, thank you again for your affirmation and kind recommendation. Allow me to sincerely welcome you back to The St. Regis Sanya Yalong Bay Resort for another splendid stay in the future.

Andreas Trauttmansdorff,

Reviewed 1 July 2016 via mobile

This is a beautiful grand hotel and fulfills the expectations of a spg level 6 hotel. Grand n luxurious. Good for families... I can forget the experience with private yacht and butler. They take a lot of care for the children.

Surely one of the best places for holiday in China for families as well as couples.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family

Dear 'jaswin a',

Thank you for your stay and taking the time to complete the review, we hope that you had a pleasant return journey. We are delighted to learn that we met your high expectation and you enjoyed the stay with us. All guests' satisfaction is our utmost priority. Thank you once again for your support and affirmative, hoping to welcome you back again!

Andreas Trauttmansdorff,

Reviewed 29 June 2016 via mobile

Just for a weekend vacation, short stay for two nights and honestly it is not up to a St Regis standard, don't expect it will be like other St Regis in the world, it is more like an overpriced Sheraton. Queued up for quite a while for check in and being guided to a pool view room but the family pool is under renovation and you will see the workers moving around. The hotel is next to the beach and that's why it is a bit too wet and humid and I had found many little insects on the wall!!! Also an used cotton stick on the carpet which is totally not acceptable in a St Regis Hotel!

The hotel facilities are not well maintained and because of the humidity the guest corridor and the lifts are quite smelly. Restaurants are overpriced and the food quality is just average. The all day dining restaurant is not large enough and you even have to wait outside the restaurant for a table during breakfast time.

There are a lot more for the management to work on to make it a real St. Regis Hotel.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear ‘DicksonCheng’,

Many thanks for recently selecting to stay with us at The St. Regis Sanya Yalong Bay and for having taken the time to post your comments on Trip Advisor. We have taken your feedback on board and assure you that we are working hard to ensure that hotel lives up to St. Regis standards. Part of this includes, that we are upgrading our facilities which includes the works we are currently conducting at our family pool. I do hope that we will get another chance to welcome you back to our resort to win back your confidence in our hotel and the brand.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed 11 June 2016

Brought the family for a week retreat in Sanya. We were looking at a few options and finally decided to stay with St Regis which indeed a right decision. A totally unexpected warm welcome by the associates upon arrival and thanks for the butler to arrange the kids amenities / bothrobes which the kid likes very much. Facilities, without doubt, this is among the best in Sanya while Ritz next door is a bit aged. Room is most spacious room I have ever seen, i think around over 70sqm which for normal room is beyond expectation. First class service in restaurants especially in " Social " which we spent most of meals. Staffs are all friendly and professional, attended to all your requests with timely manner and proactive. Special thanks to a manager " Simon " who was always trying to help and meet all your request. Overall this is absolutely one of the best resorts in China. Worth of trying if you want to treat family and kid a nice holdiay.

Room Tip: ocean view would be the best to stay
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
St_Regis_Sanya, General Manager at The St. Regis Sanya Yalong Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2016

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for choosing The St. Regis Sanya Yalong Bay Resort for your stay and for posting your comment on TripAdvisor.

Please accept my sincere appreciation on your very kind compliments on our facilities, service, staffs and spacious room. Indeed the 73sqm rooms at St Regis are the largest in Yalong Bay – and the comfort and quality is frequently commented on by our guests. I am so glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your warm words.

Thank you once again for your kind feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back again for your another splendid holiday.