All reviewssanya baychinese restaurantexecutive suiteaccor groupbbq dinner buffetsecond homeprivate tunnelplatinum statusprivate beachaccor hotelselectric kettlehoney moonbusy roadduring peak seasonprofessional servicedifferent countriessea view
Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

I did a staycation 1night and the experience was fantastic though when I check in I requested for an early check in but instead was told that the room not ready as early check in is subject to availability but staff offered me free drink at bar and provide me free early check in at 11 am which was very kind after long flight.
And staff and even remember my name every time when I pass by lobby they will greet me name
Plus the room are amazing bed so comfortable and views just over the Sea .

highly recommended

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Arifur R
Danny Y, General Manager at Pullman Oceanview Sanya Bay Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2017

Dear Arifur R,

Thank you for your nice comments regarding your stay at the Pullman Oceanview Sanya Bay Resort & Spa.

It is always a pleasure to receive positive comments from our guests. Thank you very much for your praise of our services especially the effort by our staff to ensure your early checkin was comfortably arranged. It is our Pullman standard that we offer personalized service to all our guests and we appreciated your highlighting our staff remembering your name. Your nice feedback will serve as an encouragement to all our team members as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to our guests.

Thank you again for sharing of your experience, and we all look forward to your return soon.

Reviewed 7 November 2017

Its a huge hotel with luxurious decor but its staff hardly speaks english. Breakfast area is extremely crowded with Chinese guests who shout and smoke cigarette on the tables without any consideration for other guests. I asked waiters to do something about it but they weren't capable of handling the situation. From the room, I could hear noise from next door and corridor and upstair. Food is expensive and the choice is limited and you have to pay for anything extra for leisure facility. And the singing band at the seafood bbq sings so bad... Overall Hainan itself isn't such a relaxing place but slightly stressful place with so many tourists everywhere I go. I would rather spend my holidays in South East Asia where I can get much better service for the same money spent here.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SuyoungKim

Dear SuyoungKim,

We are glad to note your praise about our hotel decoration while we are sorry that some of your experience you specified did not meet your expectations. Your feedback has already been shared with our team.
About the English communication issue, more English training will be conducted for our staff,however, our managers are all well-versed in English are always ready to help if you really find communication difficult with the junior staff. Also most of our guests conveniently use the smart phone translation apps to communicate should it be necessary, and to reassure you, all our managers are equipped with this app should you need to use it. On the crowded Chinese guests in the breakfast area, this usually happen during holiday peak seasons and we will usually advise our guests if their behavioius is extreme. At the same time our food prices follows similar prices available in the Sanya hotel market especially during the peak season, however should you require special discounted rates, our outlet managers are also ready to introduce to you some value-promotion food packages. On your views about our professional Philipino band, we apologise they did not meet your expectation that day, however, for your information, this same band have been performing to a lot of happy guests in the same outlet for already more than 1 year, and they are very talented and are able to sing in many languagues, including famous Korean songs.
Thank you again for sharing your comments , and your opinion about Sanya versus South East Asia, and obviously every location has their unique differences, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you again in the near future.

Reviewed 24 October 2017

I stayed at Pullman Oceanview Sanya Bay Resort & Spa for one night right after holiday weekend. I got upgraded and received outstanding treatment, that made my stay exceptionally one of the best I ever experienced.
My stay experience was personalized and I was greeted by name during various contact points with many different hotel staff (Whom I try but cannot remember everyone's name).
I was attended by the pleasant Ms Miffy during check-in and during check-out, and further greeted by the duty front-desk managers Jeffer Xiao and JoJo Liu respectively. I got an room upgrade to a level 16 room with beach view and complimentary lounge access. Shortly after entry to room, I had nice snacks and fruits delivered Mr Susan (Nepalese) and also a phone call greeting from duty manager Mr Kelvin.
Sanya Bay beach is connected with Pullman resort through an underpass, where the friendly hotel security personnel greeted and gave safety reminders to fellow visitors. The staff I encountered at the lounge and lobby (Julia, Sonya, Michelle and team), and at the gym and activities area, were very pleasant and professional. So too for the house-keeping team who tided my room in the evening, and made the place comfortable for rest. During breakfast, I was constantly greeted by name and attended to the busy but dedicated team whom I only remembered Ms Leila by name.

The team at Pullman Oceanview Sanya Bay Resport & Spa is very serious about service and visitor experience, and reflects a high level of discipline and attitude. I am appreciative of the efforts and treatment I received, and very impressed by the resort and team here :)

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank yeowann
Danny Y, General Manager at Pullman Oceanview Sanya Bay Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2017

Dear yeowann,

Thank you for your nice comments regarding your recent stay at the Pullman Oceanview Sanya Bay Resort & Spa.

It is always a pleasure to receive such positive and detailed feedback from our guests. Thank you very much for your praise of our staff, we really appreciate that you remembered so many names of our team members. It is our Pullman service standard that we offer personalized service to our guests, and we are delighted that our team did it well for your stay, and ensured that you are impressived with us. Your nice feedback will serve as an encouragement to all our team as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to our guests.

Thank you once again for sharing your experience, and we all look forward to your return soon.

Reviewed 11 October 2017

Instead of most of the luxury resort located in Yalong Bay, which is an hour away from the airport. Pullman Oceanview Sanya Bay Resort & Spa is only 15mins away. And it's close to the city centre of Sanya. There is much more choice for food and places to visit. Pullman is definitely the most luxurious resort in Sanya Bay.

This is a great resort for the family. There are many swimming pools suitable for different age groups. There are also lots of facilities for kids and adult.

Even this resort is a bit old, their facilities are still well maintained. The service is outstanding. Staffs are all very friendly and helpful.Special thanks to Fanny the Front Office Supervisor. She was so professional and helpful. We didn't feel that we were in China at all.

This is a great choice for a short trip.

Service: *****
Location: *****
Quality of Bed: *****
Quality of Toileteries: *****
Food & Beverage: ****
Facilities: *****

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank FrankieToHK
Danny Y, General Manager at Pullman Oceanview Sanya Bay Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2017

Dear FrankieToHK,

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at the Pullman Oceanview Sanya Bay Resort & Spa.

It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback from our guests. Thank you very much for your nice praise of our Fanny, who had ensured that you had an excellent stay while at our hotel.

It is true that one of our unique selling point is our location, as you highlighted, which is ideally located just 15 minutes away from both airport and the city centre. This alleviates the worry of the unpredictable traffic that might delay your catching the flight back if you were to stay at the other bays which are approximately one hour or so away. Access to taxis and busses are also very convenient and at reasonable costs.
We appreciate your nice recognition of our friendly outstanding staff service, the multiple swimming pools for different age groups, and the many kids and adult facilities.Your nice feedback will serve as an encouragement to all our team as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to our guests.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we all look forward to your return soon.

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Pros: the facilities and staff are both very good, can't find any fault there. They were kind enough to offer us some of our money back after we decided to check out 3 nights into a 7 night stay that we had already paid for. Executive lounge is a good place to escape the noise of the hotel and offers great daily deals between 2:30-4:30 and 5-7.

Cons: while I'm sure this hotel is fantastic for families, as it offers so much for kids to enjoy, my wife and I were looking for somewhere to relax and enjoy some peace & quiet. Unfortunately, this was pretty much impossible to find at this hotel, apart from in the evening when we could escape to the executive lounge. I appreciate that we stayed during peak season so the hotel was at full capacity, but even at the "adults only" pool there were small children running around and playing. Breakfast was absolutely chaotic and although staff were trying their best it was a stressful experience! Finally, the hotel is immediately adjacent to a very busy road, so not only do you have the constant noise of small children, there is also the incessant honking of horns by trucks and buses and the constant sound of the traffic to deal with.

To sum up: staff and facilities are excellent, and this is a perfect hotel for young families. However, if you're a couple looking for a peaceful, relaxing time, you might want to look elsewhere.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JonnySilentD
Danny Y, General Manager at Pullman Oceanview Sanya Bay Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2017

Dear JonnySilentD,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Pullman Oceanview Sanya Bay Resort & Spa. We are glad to note your praise about our facilities and staff and have mentioned the areas that are positive as a resort for family. While we are sorry that some of your experience you specified did not meet your expectations. Your feedback has already been shared with our team.

In Sanya, especially during a long stretch of public holidays (ie the super peak period), we are usually fully sold-out, and family groups with children are the higher content of hotel guests versus the singles or the couples without children. As you noted, the children are more apparent, and also the outside traffic on the road, the beach and the city streets are also a little noisier than the usual, but these applies to all hotels in Sanya during the super-peak period, not only us.

Apart from the “noisy” super peak period, we can assure you that in our hotel, there are sufficient areas for young couples without chidren who can enjoy quiet moments together, whether it be a private villa with its own swimming pool, the hotel public adult pool, a quiet walk on the beach, a romantic dinner or an exotic Thai spa by our Thai Therapist for couples. We are able to deliver and meet your expectations, as we usually do in the past for our guests who are singles or couples without children.

Thank you again for your detailed comments and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.