All reviewsthe executive loungechinese restaurantamazing hotelrooms have a sea viewthe kitchen staffdecided to give it a trybusiness tripnice propertyspoke perfect englishentire staybreakfast buffetseafoodrelaxing staythe check in processhouse keepingupon checkrooms are large
Reviewed 2 April 2018

The property is beautiful. The amenities are nice. The rooms are well appointed, although the bathroom doors have a hitch, in that they're heavy, sliding doors, which takes a lot of effort to fully close.

Food was sub-par. The selection on their dinner buffet was good, but isn't tasty. Same for their breakfast buffet.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
HotelManagementTeam1, Manager at Haikou Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience which is truly welcomed in order to constantly improve our guest satisfaction. We are very regret that our food did not achieve your expectation, and we will provide more training to our associates. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.Look forward to being at your service again.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Glowing reviews of this Haikou Marriott place are a little off base. Here’s some feedback from a three night stay in March 2018.

It’s Big in a building sense. Huge, in fact. And the grounds and pools are rather nice. So I’ve no issue with this aspect. Although the finishing of the hotel is subpar. Splashed paint work on marble and sloppy plasterwork here and there. But overall the building is big and grand. The lobby massive and the rooms large and nice.

So why am I not sure if this is real Marriott? It’s the service, it’s patchy at best and truly woeful at times. Staff seem unsure what to do and I’d say the initial western mgt Team is long gone and now on the hands of an inexperienced local manager.

The Exec lounge looked promising at first. But in reality it’s a stuffy and unusually dark place with dreadful food. The breakfast setup was worse still with barely heated sad food on offer. Nothing in the right place and staff all at sea. Nice coffee machine tho.

The main lobby bar was sold out of all beer when I went. Surely that can’t be in a 5 Star Hotel they sell out of all beer. Ohhh well I’ll have the Nachos and a soft drink. Ohhh no nachos and no club sandwich either. I did start to wonder if the kitchen was even open. What do you have I ask, cakes and tea. But your menu says you serve food all day, ahhh buhaoyisi xiansheng. There was a lot of buhaoyisi this trip.

That’s OK. Back to the Exec lounge. Perhaps the kitchen staff had redirected their energies to the evening food there. Nope! A really odd selection of dry sandwiches and the most tasteless noodle ever was on offer. Free was it’s only redeeming feature.

What’s good about this place. I can be a bit generous here. I paid 877 rmb a night. That’s pretty reasonable. The bed was nice and room a good size. But I you’re expecting a Marriott with the usual Marriott service, then .... ummmmm. Maybe adjust your expectations

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
HotelManagementTeam1, Manager at Haikou Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience which is truly welcomed in order to constantly improve our guest satisfaction. We are very regret that our service did not achieve your expectation, and we will provide more training to our associates. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.Look forward to being at your service again.

Reviewed 10 February 2018

Fantastic hotel in Haikou, about 50 minute drive from airport. Suite is roomy, with excellent balcony view. Shower stall very comfortable, with bench seat. Breakfast buffet has many choices. Very professional staff all over. Nice that they recognize Marriott rewards status. Helped assist with RMB conversion, when ATM did not work. Executive lounge quiet and relaxing.

Room Tip: all rear rooms face swimming pool lagoon
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
HotelManagementTeam1, Manager at Haikou Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2018

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your superb review of Haikou Marriott!
We are grateful for your loyalty to us and your very kind feedback on tripadvisor.com. We truly appreciate all the positive feedback in your review; even more, thank you for the constructive comments. We have Chinese-style and Western-style restaurants in each wing, that can satisfied customers’ need. The hotel is located on a picturesque section of shoreline, all of our guestrooms offer tropical ocean views. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon on your next visit to Haikou.Thank you once again for your strong recommendation of our hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 7 January 2018

This hotel used to be so good.
Now only 50% staff doing twice the works.
Most staff are in training.
food are not enough and everyone fight for their breakfast.
Swimming pool are unclean and always short of towels.

Stayed: June 2017
HotelManagementTeam1, Manager at Haikou Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2018

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience which is truly welcomed in order to constantly improve our guest satisfaction. We are very disappointed that our service did not achieve your expectation, and we will provide more training to our associates.

Reviewed 24 November 2017 via mobile

Well just finished my long stay of over 5 months at the Marriott and now chilling at the Airport heading home . The Hotel really is a home from home now for me and I love it .I feel so at home there and it is mainly the staff like all good Hotels .It is the personal touch that makes the difference .From the lovely professional smiling Caroline in the Executive lounge where nothing is too much trouble and not forgetting the other members of the team of course of Leo ,Doris ,Sande and Sonu ( who has just moved department but still came to say goodbye to me on my last day :) )
One last visit for a bit of Breakfast today before my journey to the airport which was just what I needed with the usual great variety of food selection to choose from .
Chen from breakfast was there as usual making sure all was at hand and spotting my orange juice was running a bit low and stepped in with a top up as usual .I do need that vitamin C in the morning and she knows my routine .I alway stay up too late watching the amazing hotel "Grio trio " band they are mesmerising and know so many songs ,we all know and love .
I had so much stuff in my room and did not want to leave a mess since Amy and new boy nishal with House keeping keep my room in such a tip top shape everyday and that not easy ! I had also acquired so much stuff and luggage I had to get help from bosanta who made light work of it all take it all down on time to the awaiting car .
I will be back

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

We truly appreciate your kind words about our hotel, especially in regards to our service and facilities that you have experienced. We are also very happy to hear that your excellent experience with our colleagues was memorable, thank you especially for mentioning Chef, Leo ,Doris ,Sande, Sonu, Amy and Nishal, we have made sure to pass on your appreciation. The team is very intuitive and work hard to ensure a personal service is delivered to every guest. Thank you again for your strong recommendation of our hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.