See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 April 2014

The staff are friendly and keen to help but almost no english is spoken! It can be quite a struggle to communicate.
The hotel is well located, opposite a huge park which borders the water; ideal for walking.
Our room was adequate, small but clean and no traffic noise as we were on the back side, away from the busy main road. Another time I would pay extra for the view of the park.
Food is quite OK, the breakfast buffet adequate, with a mix of western and local dishes. The Thai restaurant is quite good too.
WiFi was available in our room after we requested they install a router; slow connection though.
The pool was empty and friends reported that the gym is not in use either.
On checking out we booked a taxi to the airport; this cost us an extra twenty yuan above the standard rate, which we saw the driver hand to the concierge staff; this is China!

Room Tip: Pay extra for the view of the park.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Hasherd
Reviewed 17 December 2012

The location is very good but the service so far so good! Don't expect too much! The buffet breakfast not very good but OK!

The room is quite clean but noisy, you will hear some voice outside the door if someone walk-by! No wifi available in room, just public area, I.e. Executive floor (28/F), front desk & restaurants.

Room Tip: Book a room with sea view & higher floor, it's worth!
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BKK_fanz
Reviewed 5 November 2012

This hotel is located near the city center, and has nice view from the room.
The lobby was nice and clean, and it was where I could use WIFI network provided by the hotel.
When I entered the room, I felt that the hotel is a little bit old, especially, the bathroom seems quite old.
In my room, I was able to use free wired internet, but WIFI was not available(only China Unicom WIFI was available, but for China Unicom customers).
Breakfast was not that bad, but it could not meet my standard for 4-star hotel.
Even though there were some that I did not satisfied with, however the hotel was a good choice, as the hotel is not that far from the company, and it offered affordable price.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank kimic01
Reviewed 20 September 2011

It was my uncle who booked this hotel for us to stay during our visit to Haikou in May 2011. We stayed there for 4 nights and our room were facing the sea with wonderful scenery during the night.They gave us four rooms next to each other even there is no connecting rooms for us

The location was very convenient where you can move freely around the area. Rooms were clean and staff are helpful. If you want any day tour opposite the hotel at the park there are a few tour agent where you can book the day tour or you can check with the hotel staff.The park opposite the hotel was nice where you can fly kite in the evening. Many people jogging in evening, children will enjoy playing and running around in the big field.

For us we did not join any tour as we were visiting our relatives there. Most of the time my cousin and uncle will bring us round. We did tried a day trip to Sanya as we did not have enough time and it is very expensive as everywhere you go you need to pay the entrance fees. The 波萝po luo noodle was very nice and tasty at Sanya and even at Haikou town. According to my cousin is will be cheaper if you join the tour to Sanya where everything was included. Seafoods were fresh and nice, you must really try their fresh prawns. The four local dishes you must try too.

During end May till June the weather is very hot where you can feel the heat but not as bad as Singapore. We took the cab to shopping area and it was not so expensive as long as you know where to go. As some of the days my cousin was too busy to bring us round. But do note that there is alway traffic jam in the morning and in the evening around the hotel area. During busy hours looking for cab not easy, they don't have the queuing system. Even when a cab stop right in front of you someone can just go up to cab and they don't care as long as they got in first so be prepare for that. Speaking in Mandarin not a problem but many of them still speak in Hainanese. To us we felt at home as we are Hainanese.

Give yourselves a try when you in Haikou. Nice and cozy place.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank JoyceAw40
Reviewed 30 August 2011

The staff spoke some English and tried to be helpful. They went out of their way to make sure I had a room where the internet actually worked. The first room on the 11th flr. with the water view had NO internet access. I was moved to the 12th floor. The internet didn't work in the 2nd room, so I was moved again. 3rd room was the charm. The room was clean, the bathroom was clean, the carpet was clean, but there's a smell in this hotel like mold...or wet carpet . It's not a 4 star but more like a 3 star. Still, it's not bad if you can stand the smell. Restaurant on the 3rd flr is pricey/ Chinese menu, but food is good. Lobby is being renovated and was sectioned off / couldn't see any of it, paint fumes in the makeshift lobby. Don't pay extra for the water view. The best view is strangely in the center hall available to those who are riding the elevator for free. Directly across the street is a nice park. Some shopping around the corner.

Room Tip: Clothes, pharmacy, snacks, food, fruit; sold around the corner to the right upon exiting the entrance.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo